Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
Go Dodgers!

New York Car Bomb

So apparently they found a huge Car bomb in Times Square that failed to go off. It was smoking and flashing and this lead to the discovery of an SUV loaded up with explosives.

Now the Taliban are claiming responsibility. It's very clear we have lax security when it comes to our borders and who we allow into the nation, yet we aren't allowed to profile anyone, any race or any religion. Further we have Islamic members here already, that are turning to radicalism, but we can do little since it's wrong to profile.

Taliban claims responsibility
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/02...city-bombing/m

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Christmas 2009

Re: New York Car Bomb

They said they evacuated Times Square for 10 hours. That's unreal!! Can you imagine the devastation if that bomb had gone off?
Old 05-02-2010, 03:31 PM
Go Dodgers!

Yes, it would have been bad, probably mostly casualties more than structural damage

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:15 PM
Banned

Profiling is a great idea and the suggestion has merit.

From the NY Times:

...possible suspect in the failed Times Square car bombing, describing him as a white man in his 40s who was walking away from the area where the vehicle was parked, looking furtively over his shoulder and removing a layer of clothing.....

So "white dudes in their 40's" who might have a grievance against the gvt should immediately be rounded up (and just in my opinion cavity searched)

Prolly should start with the middle-aged tea<redacted> and work from there - LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
So apparently they found a huge Car bomb in Times Square that failed to go off. It was smoking and flashing and this lead to the discovery of an SUV loaded up with explosives.

Now the Taliban are claiming responsibility. It's very clear we have lax security when it comes to our borders and who we allow into the nation, yet we aren't allowed to profile anyone, any race or any religion. Further we have Islamic members here already, that are turning to radicalism, but we can do little since it's wrong to profile.

Taliban claims responsibility
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/05/02...city-bombing/m

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 05-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:25 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post

From the NY Times:

...possible suspect in the failed Times Square car bombing, describing him as a white man in his 40s who was walking away from the area where the vehicle was parked, looking furtively over his shoulder and removing a layer of clothing.....

So "white dudes in their 40's" who might have a grievance against the gvt should immediately be rounded up (and just in my opinion cavity searched)

Prolly should start with the middle-aged teabaggers and work from there - LOL

Love it!!
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:

From the NY Times:

Prolly should start with the middle-aged teabaggers and work from there - LOL
Actually, if they describe him as a white male about 40 then guess what? The police will be looking for a white male, about 40. Profiling, as I said in the politics thread, happens all the time.

But if they describe him as a middle eastern looking guy with a turban on his head, the ACLU would have a hissy fit if the police started looking around at men that had the same look

Old 05-02-2010, 04:35 PM
Go Dodgers!

The Pakistani Taliban allegedly posted a one minute, 11 second video, saying the attack is revenge for the death of its leader, Baitullah Mehsud, and the recent slayings of the top leaders of Al Qaeda in Iraq -- Abu Omar al-Baghdadi and Abu Ayyub al-Masri -- who were killed by U.S. and Iraqi troops last month north of Baghdad. The tape makes no specific reference to the attack; it does not mention that it was a car bomb or that it took place in New York City.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned

Probably. But they didn't mention a turbine in the description SO I guess what the ACLU would do or not do at this point is probably speculative.

SO: Help me understand something. What in the world does profiling of turbine-wearing middle eastern people have to do with something that a clothes-shedding tea<redacted> was seen running from? Diversion?

Quote:
Actually, if they describe him as a white male about 40 then guess what? The police will be looking for a white male, about 40. Profiling, as I said in the politics thread, happens all the time.

But if they describe him as a middle eastern looking guy with a turban on his head, the ACLU would have a hissy fit if the police started looking around at men that had the same look

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 05-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Probably. But they didn't mention a turbine in the description SO I guess what the ACLU would do or not do at this point is probably speculative.

SO: Help me understand something. What in the world does profiling of turbine-wearing middle eastern people have to do with something that a clothes-shedding teabagger was seen running from? Diversion?
As I said, they WILL profile a white male or a teabag party person or whatever, but when it comes to profiling anyone else the liberals have a heart attack. BTW the term teabagger is a reference to a homosexual act, please don't use it here

Old 05-02-2010, 04:49 PM
Banned

You know, I did not know that. I will (try) to correct my posts and thank you for the info. The term was selected to poke fun / make reference to tea party participants only and has been redacted.

Quote:
As I said, they WILL profile a white male or a teabag party person or whatever, but when it comes to profiling anyone else the liberals have a heart attack. BTW the term teabagger is a reference to a homosexual act, please don't use it here

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 05-02-2010 at 04:53 PM.