Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Go Dodgers!

Is There A Difference Between Illegals and Legals?

I read about the protest in DC by "Immigration Activists" upset at the Arizona law.

Somehow that seems like a contradiction. I can understand "Civil Rights" activist upset at the idea of profiling, but who are Immigration activists representing? Illegal Activists? If so they are they not really say we should have an open border and allow anyone that wants to to just trek into the US?

I have to wonder though if they would be alright then with allow anyone and everyone to enter the US and live and work here from everywhere on the planet.

The simple fact is the US can't handle that sort of influx. There are not enough Jobs. There is not enough money for schools and other public services.

That seems to have been one reason for why we have immigration laws that we do or did.

What do you think?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Registered Member

Re: Is There A Difference Between Illegals and Leg

I think the Republican party and big business are allowing illegal immigration for cheap labor. If we kick out all the illegals there will be more jobs a smaller workforce and wages would go up. I'm all for kicking out the illegals.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Is There A Difference Between Illegals and Leg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I think the Republican party and big business are allowing illegal immigration for cheap labor. If we kick out all the illegals there will be more jobs a smaller workforce and wages would go up. I'm all for kicking out the illegals.
Really? What's the democrats excuse?

Still, this does not address what Im getting at. The issue is illegal immigration. Those angry at the so called "profiling" part of the Arizona law are termed "Immigration Advocates"...that doesn't make sense. First of all if this was a law that targets immigrants, that makes sense. If this is a law that targets everyone's civil liberties, especially US citizens, that should be "Civil Liberties Advocates"...

In reality, when you look at the group and who they generally represent and who they generally get involved in protests and what it is all about, is illegals.

They are Illegal Advocates. Now, what do Illegals need for representation? Is it wrong to profile an illegal? No, they are here illegally. They broke the law to get here. We have no special law that says "If you can get passed our Border patrols, you are here legally".

So the reality is these Advocates are advocating against the whole idea of sending illegals back. So essentially it seems to me they are pro open borders.

They are really "Illegal Immigration Activist" and their agenda is to open the border with Mexico and flood the nation with Mexican citizens, make them citizens without having to go through the same channels every one else on the planet goes through to come here and become a citizen..

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.