Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 04-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Registered Member

Taunte Dee Dee's Cafe Aulait

Okay I am from Louisiana and we do things totally different than the rest of the world.I had to grow up and leave to realize that not everyone has such a cultural
upbringing.To a Cajun your aunt is called Taunte and your Uncle Nonke.How that is spelled in Paris french I don't know but here I spelled it exactly as a Cajun would say it.We still raised chickens in our yards up until about ten years ago when the ordinances tightened up.lol.Louisiana Campmeeting is totally fun.If you have never been then save up cherie.They will let you rent a bunk for two dollars a night.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
Okay I am from Louisiana and we do things totally different than the rest of the world.I had to grow up and leave to realize that not everyone has such a cultural
upbringing.To a Cajun your aunt is called Taunte and your Uncle Nonke.How that is spelled in Paris french I don't know but here I spelled it exactly as a Cajun would say it.We still raised chickens in our yards up until about ten years ago when the ordinances tightened up.lol.Louisiana Campmeeting is totally fun.If you have never been then save up cherie.They will let you rent a bunk for two dollars a night.
Sounds like a great place to visit hope I get the opportunity to some day!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
Sounds like a great place to visit hope I get the opportunity to some day!

Land of bugs, mud and rain.

Been there, never revisited that.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Hey you must not have gone to Campmeeting and on Missions day been blessed to hear all the returning Missionaries.Louisiana sends out alot of Missionaries.The Freemans were from there,The Riddicks and many more.
Its an awesome place to be on the Fourth of July when everyone celebrates Campmeeting style.Bugs are nothing.I can smell the gumbo and coffee and
fresh baked french bread all the way from Florida.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

Have you ever been awake at five or six am and smelled the coffee brewing and have an old Gram,what we call our grandmothers, bring you a cup of strong sweet coffee in a small cup while you were still in bed?
That takes me back to the time of feather beds..sigh....
Old 04-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Registered Member

Ladies Conferences at La Camp have always the highlight of my year.I love to hear Sister Nona Freeman and Sister Vesta Mangun pour it out with all their hearts.It makes me glad to be saved.This year I am headed to South Florida
for theirs.Its not the same but I will get to see faces of some of my Louisiana friends there as well.We are transplants.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:58 AM
delete account

Red face

Quote:
Ladies Conferences at La Camp have always the highlight of my year.I love to hear Sister Nona Freeman and Sister Vesta Mangun pour it out with all their hearts.It makes me glad to be saved.This year I am headed to South Florida
for theirs.Its not the same but I will get to see faces of some of my Louisiana friends there as well.We are transplants.

I enjoyed many years going to the Women's Conferences sponsered by Sis. Tenney. My friend and I always went to at least one Cajun restaurant and she picked me up at that dinky airport in Tioga that scared me to death. I enjoyed the visit...but in my heart, to date, Florida is my home and continues to have my heart.

Texas is a whole different culture but I have not quite adjusted to it yet...I am trying though.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 04-13-2007, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
I enjoyed many years going to the Women's Conferences sponsered by Sis. Tenney. My friend and I always went to at least one Cajun restaurant and she picked me up at that dinky airport in Tioga that scared me to death. I enjoyed the visit...but in my heart, to date, Florida is my home and continues to have my heart.

Texas is a whole different culture but I have not quite adjusted to it yet...I am trying though.

Blessings, Rhoni
AW Sister Rhoni too bad you cannot come to Florida Ladies Conference.
The Tenny's are going to be in Pensacola that very Sunday preaching
Brother Welch's retirement ceremony.My husbands cousin's husband,I know
it sounds funny, fries cajun turkeys at FPC here in Pensacola yearly and makes a good amount for the church.He calls himself Darryl Cajun Malone.
Well he has a cajun cousin by marriage Anyway I have been thinking lately that I am going to broadcast of Public Tv a cooking show.I love cajun cooking and learned from the real thing...my Gram....and my Nanny Toot.Toot was my step Grandma.She and my Grampa owned a resturant right by the Forked Island Bridge.If anyone ever been to Forked Island God bless you.I have cousins who are famous for their resturant its called Suires and right at the Four Corners south of Kaplan.They are known for fixing Speckled Goose and Turtle Sauce Piquant.The New York Times features them occasionally.The world is smaller than we think.
Does anyone here know Paul Prudhomme? Chey Paul? The lady who won me to the Lord is his Niece Sharon Prudhomme Babineaux.Her Aunt Enola Prudhomme is well known in South La as well for her cooking.She had a place for years off I-49 near Opelousas.If anyone took I 49 to Camp Meeting you passed right in front.Also you would have passed by the church where I was baptized......First Pentecostal Church of Opelousas,La
Old 04-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Registered Member

There is a little chapel on the La Dist UPC campgrounds that means alot to me.
I have spent many an hour of prayer there in the early part of ministry.Its plain and old and usually saints stay up all night praying when campmeeting or conferences are going on.If I sit still and think on it I feel like I am there and can hear the sounds of travail.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:55 AM
delete account

Quote:
AW Sister Rhoni too bad you cannot come to Florida Ladies Conference.
The Tenny's are going to be in Pensacola that very Sunday preaching
Brother Welch's retirement ceremony.My husbands cousin's husband,I know
it sounds funny, fries cajun turkeys at FPC here in Pensacola yearly and makes a good amount for the church.He calls himself Darryl Cajun Malone.
Well he has a cajun cousin by marriage Anyway I have been thinking lately that I am going to broadcast of Public Tv a cooking show.I love cajun cooking and learned from the real thing...my Gram....and my Nanny Toot.Toot was my step Grandma.She and my Grampa owned a resturant right by the Forked Island Bridge.If anyone ever been to Forked Island God bless you.I have cousins who are famous for their resturant its called Suires and right at the Four Corners south of Kaplan.They are known for fixing Speckled Goose and Turtle Sauce Piquant.The New York Times features them occasionally.The world is smaller than we think.
Does anyone here know Paul Prudhomme? Chey Paul? The lady who won me to the Lord is his Niece Sharon Prudhomme Babineaux.Her Aunt Enola Prudhomme is well known in South La as well for her cooking.She had a place for years off I-49 near Opelousas.If anyone took I 49 to Camp Meeting you passed right in front.Also you would have passed by the church where I was baptized......First Pentecostal Church of Opelousas,La

Several of my friends from POC/New Destiny will be at Ladies Conference...I had just gotten comfortable going to Florida Campmeeting again after over a decade...it was very good.

You know, I too remember places in my heart where others, and myself prayed that I draw on in times of need...some of my points of reference are: the attic at Misssissippi Camp/former JCM girl's dorm, the altar at FPC in Jackson, the prayer room at Lighthouse AOG, my home/homes, and some of my most recent precious times spent with God were in the sanctuary of POC/New Destiny when I was alone praying and worshipping God. God did great things for me spiritually in those times alone in the church.

Thank God for altars and places of reference that have been there to sustain me.

Thank-you for reminding me.

Love & Blessings, Rhoni