Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 03-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Four Obama Appointees Drop Out

I can't remember this many cabinet appointees drop out of the running in any administration. Two appointees under Giethner at Treasury b/c of more tax problems (you'd think they'd pick guys who dont have $ issues since they are habdling the money). Sanja Gupta dropped out of the running for Surg General also.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 03-06-2009, 09:13 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: Four Obama Appointees Drop Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
I can't remember this many cabinet appointees drop out of the running in any administration. Two appointees under Giethner at Treasury b/c of more tax problems (you'd think they'd pick guys who dont have $ issues since they are habdling the money). Sanja Gupta dropped out of the running for Surg General also.
I think the number is at least 5

Tom Daschel (tax problems)
Ron Kirk (Tax Problems)
The two under Gietner (tax issues and other issues)
Sanjay Gupta (He aint liking all the chaos. It seems the Surgeon General will have 2 bosses!)

There is another appointee that is in trouble. I believe it has something to do with trade. But the guy that Obama tapped is on record suggesting the Chinese were "timid" in dealing with the Teinamine (sp) Square incident.

Both left and right are calling for him to not be confirmed.

that makes 6
Old 03-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I think the number is at least 5

Tom Daschel (tax problems)
Ron Kirk (Tax Problems)
The two under Gietner (tax issues and other issues)
Sanjay Gupta (He aint liking all the chaos. It seems the Surgeon General will have 2 bosses!)

There is another appointee that is in trouble. I believe it has something to do with trade. But the guy that Obama tapped is on record suggesting the Chinese were "timid" in dealing with the Teinamine (sp) Square incident.

Both left and right are calling for him to not be confirmed.

that makes 6
I believe there was also a woman appointed as Asst Secy of Defense that had "nanny" isssues: an illegal immigrant who was paid under the table so it included tax issues as well.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered Member

Giethner is unraveling rapidly. he has about 17 job openings below him and a lot of responsibility. so what is he focusing on? 2 - 3 issues totally outside of the treasury department.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
I believe there was also a woman appointed as Asst Secy of Defense that had "nanny" isssues: an illegal immigrant who was paid under the table so it included tax issues as well.
So the body count is up to 7?
Old 03-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
Giethner is unraveling rapidly. he has about 17 job openings below him and a lot of responsibility. so what is he focusing on? 2 - 3 issues totally outside of the treasury department.
Good point! Giethner has not filled a single slot for those that will be his direct reports. 17(ish)?

I thought Barak Obama was going to "fix" everything?
Old 03-06-2009, 12:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Good point! Giethner has not filled a single slot for those that will be his direct reports. 17(ish)?

And the spirits of Obama moved on the face of the deep economy drop and it dropped a bunch more.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:39 PM

Where's all the Obama fans that were on here last Fall? They are mysteriously quiet and/or absent. We were castigated for voting "against" Obama and not "for" McCain. Looks now like that wasn't a bad strategy.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

March 06, 2009
Not one deputy in place at Treasury (updated)
Rosslyn Smith
If the Department of Treasury seems a shambles, there's a good reason. Besides Secretary Geithner, no one who actually has authority to make key decisions has assumed office.

Critics say part of the problem is that Geithner is flying solo: Not one of his top 17 deputies has been named, let alone confirmed. And without senior leadership, lower-level Treasury employees can't make decisions or represent the government in crucial conversations with banks and others.

The keyboard was still warm from typing the above story when news came that one person who was being considered had withdrawn from consideration. .
Annette Nazareth, a former senior staffer and commissioner with the Securities and Exchange Commission, made "a personal decision" to withdraw from the process, according to a person familiar with her decision.
I can't blame her. Taking a pay cut to put Team Obama/Geithner on the resume isn't likely to pay off down the road. Even members of the Obama team are growing restless.
Among the harshest critics of Treasury's leadership vacuum is Paul Volcker, an Obama economic adviser and former Federal Reserve chairman who last week called the situation "shameful."

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...ce_at_tre.html
Old 03-06-2009, 01:52 PM

Looks like executive experience does count for something---man these guys are a bunch of amateurs!