Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:10 AM
delete account

Lightbulb The Spirit of Jonathon

The Art of the Heart

Encouragement is one of God's most joyous art forms. He supplies us with the raw materials and invites us to create, build and shape his hope in the lives of those around us.
Some people combine a helping hand with a word of praise and produce a grateful heart.
Others, by mixing laughter and love are able to paint new sparkle in dulling eyes.
Belief and support build self-esteem.
Persistent prayer composes a song of hope.
Tenderness and a warm embrace fashion a friend.
However we combine the elements of encouragement, one thing we're sure to create is JOY - for others, for oursleves, and for the Lord.
Author: Susan Lenzkes

This is a thread for encouragement ...the spirit of a good friend, like David found in his friend Jonathon...we can be, and we can find...in offering a word of encouragement.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 03-28-2007, 06:56 AM
Joshua David, My !st Grandbaby!!

As I have watched my daughter go through a very hard trial , I have realized more than ever the need for encouragement.

Just to say to someone...I am praying for you, I love and appreciate you, means so much.

We never know what someone is facing in their life, Some people , keep it all to theirselves. I try to never show when I am hurt, discouraged, or disillusioned. So I know there are others that do the same. I am making it a habit to encourage my brothers and sisters.
Old 03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillian View Post
As I have watched my daughter go through a very hard trial , I have realized more than ever the need for encouragement.

Just to say to someone...I am praying for you, I love and appreciate you, means so much.

We never know what someone is facing in their life, Some people , keep it all to theirselves. I try to never show when I am hurt, discouraged, or disillusioned. So I know there are others that do the same. I am making it a habit to encourage my brothers and sisters.

Jillian,

Thank-you for your input, and you are so right. We have been conditioned to say we are "Fine" and being sensitive to those around you hurting is what we are called to do.

For all those hurting today...just know that God sees you - right where you are and gently tells you to: Cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you!

My prayer for you is to be blessed.

Rhoni
Old 03-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

The Spirit of Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Jillian,

Thank-you for your input, and you are so right. We have been conditioned to say we are "Fine" and being sensitive to those around you hurting is what we are called to do.

For all those hurting today...just know that God sees you - right where you are and gently tells you to: Cast your cares upon Him for He cares for you!

My prayer for you is to be blessed.

Rhoni

Amen, Sis. Rhoni,

I was taught all my life growing up, to look to Jesus and that He could

and would be there for me in any situation. Many years ago I went through

a trial. In the confusion that tried to cloud my mind, the scriptures that the

Holy Ghost led me to became like an anchor. "Yea, all that will live godly in

Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax

worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived."

This part really spoke to my heart as if the Holy Ghost was saying in

essence. "This is my instruction to you, my child, This is what I want you

to do. "But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned AND hast

been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from

a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee

wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is

given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for

correction, for instruction in righteousness: (why) That the man of God may

be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works". I held on to those

verses and can quote them word by word to this day!! The Word of God is

profitable for whatever it is we need!! Trust in His Word. It is sure!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 03-29-2007, 06:03 AM
delete account

Good morning saints. Have you ever asked God to do something for you, but was uncertain if and when He would do it? You went to Him with a sincere and humble heart. You presented your request to Him with confidence but the enemy began to attack you with fear and doubt. How did you feel when the Lord answered your prayer? Were you overtaken with joy or did you feel He owed it to you? Have you ever prayed for something and it seemed as though God would never respond? You approached the throne of God with boldness, gave your request and walked away giving Him thanks. As time has gone on it appears as if God has forgotten about you. For some reason you believe the Lord has forgotten or not heard you completely. Have you ever experienced a time when it felt as if God was silent?
When you pray, do you request things that will ultimately give God glory? Do you pray for selfish things or opportunities to bless the body of Christ? Are your prayers self-centered or God-centered? I come not to question your prayer life but your motives. Remember, whatever you ask for, God knows what lies in your heart. While man can only see the outward appearance, God can see within (1 Samuel 16:7). My friend, It Is In God's Timing! The answer to your prayer
request is in God's timing. The Lord knows if and when you are ready to receive the manifestation. The Bible declares in Ecclesiastes 3:1 - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: There is an exact time for every blessing in our lives. Along with the exact time, there is an exact purpose associated with the blessing. It Is In God's Timing! Believe not the enemy. He's a liar!
My brother, my sister, what have you asked from the Lord? Are you in a holding pattern? Are you questioning the Lord? Has the enemy thrown negative and doubtful thoughts at you? It Is In God's Timing! The Bible declares in Genesis 18:14 - Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, ... Beloved, the Lord knows when, where and how to bless you. He knows what you can handle, when you can handle it. Just because the answer has not come [yet] does not mean the Lord has forgotten about you. Do you not know the Lord still deserves the praise? It Is In God's Timing! God's time and man's time are different (Isaiah 55:8). Man expects things to happen their way, right away. Not with the Lord. He responds in His time and His way. The Bible declares in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Prayer for Today: Father, thank you for knowing what's best for mus. Our requests have been heard by you. It is in your timing and we trust in you. In Jesus' name ... Amen!

Scripture Reading for Today: Romans 8:28

May God Bless you at Your point of need!

Rhoni
Old 03-29-2007, 07:03 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

The Spirit of Jonathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Good morning saints. Have you ever asked God to do something for you, but was uncertain if and when He would do it? You went to Him with a sincere and humble heart. You presented your request to Him with confidence but the enemy began to attack you with fear and doubt. How did you feel when the Lord answered your prayer? Were you overtaken with joy or did you feel He owed it to you? Have you ever prayed for something and it seemed as though God would never respond? You approached the throne of God with boldness, gave your request and walked away giving Him thanks. As time has gone on it appears as if God has forgotten about you. For some reason you believe the Lord has forgotten or not heard you completely. Have you ever experienced a time when it felt as if God was silent?
When you pray, do you request things that will ultimately give God glory? Do you pray for selfish things or opportunities to bless the body of Christ? Are your prayers self-centered or God-centered? I come not to question your prayer life but your motives. Remember, whatever you ask for, God knows what lies in your heart. While man can only see the outward appearance, God can see within (1 Samuel 16:7). My friend, It Is In God's Timing! The answer to your prayer
request is in God's timing. The Lord knows if and when you are ready to receive the manifestation. The Bible declares in Ecclesiastes 3:1 - To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: There is an exact time for every blessing in our lives. Along with the exact time, there is an exact purpose associated with the blessing. It Is In God's Timing! Believe not the enemy. He's a liar!
My brother, my sister, what have you asked from the Lord? Are you in a holding pattern? Are you questioning the Lord? Has the enemy thrown negative and doubtful thoughts at you? It Is In God's Timing! The Bible declares in Genesis 18:14 - Is any thing too hard for the LORD? At the time appointed I will return unto thee, according to the time of life, ... Beloved, the Lord knows when, where and how to bless you. He knows what you can handle, when you can handle it. Just because the answer has not come [yet] does not mean the Lord has forgotten about you. Do you not know the Lord still deserves the praise? It Is In God's Timing! God's time and man's time are different (Isaiah 55:8). Man expects things to happen their way, right away. Not with the Lord. He responds in His time and His way. The Bible declares in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 - In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
Prayer for Today: Father, thank you for knowing what's best for mus. Our requests have been heard by you. It is in your timing and we trust in you. In Jesus' name ... Amen!

Scripture Reading for Today: Romans 8:28

Rhoni
Sis. Rhoni,

Very good article! Thanks!

Blessings,

Falla39
Old 03-31-2007, 06:46 AM
delete account

Quote:
The armor of God
by Jon Walker

“Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared. In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” (Ephesians 6:14-17 NLT)
Ministry/Service — As you engage in ministry for God, you will be attacked by God’s enemy, Satan. God knows this, and so he has provided you with the tools you need to stand your ground in ministry.
Father, today, in Jesus’ name, I put on the girdle of truth. I thank you, for I know who I am and that I have the power of the Holy Spirit within me. God is in control of my life.
Thank you that I can put on the breastplate of righteousness. In all situations, help me to respond from the truth and not from my emotions. I can refuse to receive lies from the enemy.
Today I strap on the sandals of the gospel of peace. Wherever I go, I can be a peacemaker, helping others make peace with you. Help me to remember that there’s a difference between a peacekeeper and a peacemaker – and that mercy triumphs over judgment.
You, my shield of faith, are sufficient to protect me from any arrows and slings the enemy throws my way, and I recognize that my faith comes by hearing the Word of God.
Thank you that you are giving me the mind of Christ. Because I wear the helmet of salvation, I can receive the truth, and I don’t have to think in old, fleshly patterns. My mind is being renewed by the power of God. I can take thoughts captive for Christ.
The sword of the Spirit is your Word, the Bible. With guidance from the Holy Spirit, I can use your Word to deflect any slings and arrows from the enemy, knowing I do not battle flesh and blood but that the fight is against the father of all lies. Help me also use your Word to spread your Gospel across the world.
Lord, I set my mind and heart on you today. I dedicate this whole day to you. I only want your will for my life. Through the name and blood of Jesus, I ask you to bind the enemy in my home, at my children’s school, and at my job.
So what?
· God already has provided all the armor you need to face today’s battles.
· When you feel a battle brewing, whether it be a temptation or a conflict, remind yourself again of the armor God has given you.
· When you sense conflict, discouragement, or anxiety this week, thank God that he is your shield and deliverer.
© 2007 Jon Walker. All rights reserved.
Have a Blessed Day,

Rhoni
Old 03-31-2007, 06:50 AM
delete account

For all those who have fallen in battle and gotten back up:

Quote:
We don't have to hide anymore because when wounded men and women rise the devils tremble.
Take back what the devil has stolen times 7!

Blessings, Rhoni

Old 04-02-2007, 03:49 AM
delete account

Quote:
In our lives, there are times when we desire to be left alone. No disrespect to anyone else, but sometimes you want to have some "alone" time. Time where you can rest and be restored. Time that you desire to spend uninterrupted with the Lord. Have you ever found yourself overwhelmed with the responsibilities of life? From the time you awake, until the time you sleep, you are on your feet attempting to keep things under control. It seems as though everything and everyone depends on you for guidance. Pressure on every side. You feel stressed and strained. Have you ever tried to vacate the premises but someone found you? You tried to take a vacation but the cellular phone continued to ring. You turn off the phone but the blackberry begins to vibrate. Where do you go for refuge? Have you been there? Are you there now?
This morning, I have been commissioned to come and minister to you. Somewhere along the way we have lost control of our lives. Our circumstances have begun to dictate our behavior and moods. You have become consumed by the opinions of your peers. Your priorities have begun to fall apart. Throughout the week, you look forward to Friday but during the weekend you dread Sunday evenings. Your job has become your god. Your business deals have become more important than your family. Where have you gone wrong? My friend, Keep Things In Perspective! The Bible declares in Exodus 34:14 - For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God: While God has blessed you with abundance, He does not want you to glorify the blessings but the Blesser (which is Him.) When your eyes open to a brand new day, what are you usually thinking about first? Throughout your day, what keeps you excited? Who do you live your life to please? During your day, when do you focus on the Lord?
My brother, my sister, Keep Things In Perspective! Do not allow life to control what you do and how you do it. God should always remain your primary contact. The Bible declares in Revelation 2:4 - Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. Beloved, resting is not a sin, laziness is. Spending time with your family is needed. The church will go on without you. A mental rest day is necessary from time to time. The job can survive one day without you. Stop thinking the show cannot go on without you. God has called you to live for Him. The same joy and love you have for co-workers, should be the same joy and love you have at home. Keep Things In Perspective! God did not create you to be Him. He is God not you. Re-focus yourself today. Spend time with the ones you love. Do not wait until tragedy hits.
Prayer for Today: Father, show me where I have lost focus. You are God not me. Allow me to do the best I can and leave the rest to you. Help me keep things in perspective. In Jesus' name ... Amen!

Scripture Reading for Today: Joshua 24:15

Minister Darrick D. McGhee

Copyright (c) 2007 Meditation Moments with Minister McGhee. All
rights reserved.
Have a Blessed Day, Rhoni

Old 04-02-2007, 07:00 AM
The LORD will fight for you

Smile

Great posts here on this thread, Rhoni! Thank you for sharing.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody