Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Saved by Grace

I'm Sick Of It!

i was rading the WWPF thread and these thoughts come to mind.

I am sick and tired of men thinking they must have some group to protect God's truth. Sure enough WWPF will split somethime, and then spilt again. Where do all the splits stop? We aren't going to split in heaven, why bicker over little stuff.

My goodness, we can't hardly even have fellowship among ourselves, EVEN IN THE SAME ORGANIZATION, much less with other oneness churches.

Now I'm not saying embrace the whole christian world, nor even the charismatics, but what a shame, (God help us to change), that people who believe in the one and only true God, who know his name, who hold to Acts 2:38 (whether a PCI or UPCI view), can't even fellowship. And I still think there is room for holiness, but we ought to have fellowship and affiliation with other Jesus Name churches. Really what 2 Jesus name churches agree 100% on everything, should we all build bunkers and preach we only are going to heaven?

Really, we preach that other groups of oneness people are saved, for example UPCI does'nt condemn ALJC, which doesn't condemn PAW, which doesn't condemn AWCF, etc. So we agree that we will be in heaven with these people, but when it comes to so much as having a service with various groups, oh no, we can't do that, those across down have short sleeves, those across town wear only long sleeves.

We are supposed to be the true church of God (and I believe we are, at least doctinally), but the devil has caused us to be distracted by minor differences, while the world is going to hell.

SO I say ENOUGH, I'm sick of man made organizations. God is coming after a church, not an organization. As for my church, I will fellowship with nearly any church that is oneness, Jesus Name, Acts 2:38, doesn't mean I agree with everything, but so long as they are not in blantant heresy (see universalism)or error-uncondusive to compelling the lost to come in(snake handaling). We do we treat churches of like precious faith like the Ethiopian plague, and how does this strengthen out message?

Don't get me wrong, I am a progressive conservative, but I can be at home with ultra-con, and though I am slighty uncomfortable with liberal UPC, I can live with it (see-NOT break fellowship, and ........ them to hell). The line is when someone no longer holds to the necessity of Acts 2:38 (even 1-stepperes still strongly encourage their people to be baptized and recieve the Holy Ghost), when someone teaches it doesn't really matter, or gets so liberal, they don't even encourage modesty, I can't do that.

The problem is everyone has a line you won't cross, I respect that, I have mine. But for me the problem is that everytime you turn around someone else has moved their line further back, and you aren't holy enough for them.

They are more meticulous about who they fellowship than God.

Scattered thoughts I know, but what think ye?

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 07-20-2008, 07:17 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: I'm Sick Of It!

sorry, my typing is really bad.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 07-20-2008, 07:55 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Dude...that spirit of division really is starting bumming me out.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:57 PM

Um...what is WWPF?
Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

Good question Jason, Why are the caretakers of the "truth" so childish that they have to build a fence around their little group and say to them don't get out of the fence and play with the kids down the street or you will go to HELL.

I don't know the answer, all I know FOR CERTAIN is that I don't want to be a part of it.

Let it go before you are really "church hurt." Keep a good spirit and continue to fellowship, even if you have to defy you leaders.

I know a man who trashed a 20+ year friendship because he found that the other brother baptized in the "Lord Jesus Christ," and not by Ac. 2:38 "Jesus Chirst."

??
Old 07-21-2008, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by U376977 View Post
Good question Jason, Why are the caretakers of the "truth" so childish that they have to build a fence around their little group and say to them don't get out of the fence and play with the kids down the street or you will go to HELL.

I don't know the answer, all I know FOR CERTAIN is that I don't want to be a part of it.

Let it go before you are really "church hurt." Keep a good spirit and continue to fellowship, even if you have to defy you leaders.

I know a man who trashed a 20+ year friendship because he found that the other brother baptized in the "Lord Jesus Christ," and not by Ac. 2:38 "Jesus Chirst."

??
I would be careful giving advice to defy you (sic) leaders.

If you acknowledge someone as being your leader, and you feel you can no longer stand behind them and represent their ministry by your own actions and beliefs, you need to reconsider calling them your leader. To fein or pretend to follow someone and not believe in or represent their ministry or leadership is essentially living a lie.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Registered Member

A person should not have an attitude of defiance. That's a sign of a rebellious heart and that aint good. Even if you are right, it's a deceiving kind of self-righteousness that makes you worse than the people whose actions make you want to be defiant in the first place.

Pray for the Lord to lead you to a different church-- much safer attitude to have. In the mean while, please keep YOUR heart pure.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post
A person should not have an attitude of defiance. That's a sign of a rebellious heart and that aint good. Even if you are right, it's a deceiving kind of self-righteousness that makes you worse than the people whose actions make you want to be defiant in the first place.

Pray for the Lord to lead you to a different church-- much safer attitude to have. In the mean while, please keep YOUR heart pure.
Agreed. I mis-spoke from my actual practice. I handle this with my Pastor by keeping him informed. He is such that if we disagree, we can disagree without being "dis-agreeable."
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Saved by Grace

i think you guys got the wrong vibes. I am not mad at anyone, I am just tired of us seperating over every little thing. My point was why is it that Jesus name churches have so little fellowship with each other, even within the same oranization. I attend a UPC church in an area where there are several other UPC churches, yet we haven't had a church service with other upc churches in 3 years. And not only upc, we should have fellowship with other oneness, Jesus name churches, even if they are not upc. My point wasn't anger at people or an organization, my point was we have the greatest truth, the greatest church, but only if we unite instead of dividing, and dividing. With growth there comes diversity, as long as the gospel doesn't change, why do people have to bail out, it seems fear, or other times pettiness, gets in the way of what God is trying to do.

What could we accomplish if we didn't concentrate on some man's convictions, and just had apostolic revival. Instead anytime there is growth, there is another split.

Lord forgive us, we are acting like babies.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:56 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
i think you guys got the wrong vibes. I am not mad at anyone, I am just tired of us seperating over every little thing. My point was why is it that Jesus name churches have so little fellowship with each other, even within the same oranization. I attend a UPC church in an area where there are several other UPC churches, yet we haven't had a church service with other upc churches in 3 years. And not only upc, we should have fellowship with other oneness, Jesus name churches, even if they are not upc. My point wasn't anger at people or an organization, my point was we have the greatest truth, the greatest church, but only if we unite instead of dividing, and dividing. With growth there comes diversity, as long as the gospel doesn't change, why do people have to bail out, it seems fear, or other times pettiness, gets in the way of what God is trying to do.

What could we accomplish if we didn't concentrate on some man's convictions, and just had apostolic revival. Instead anytime there is growth, there is another split.

Lord forgive us, we are acting like babies.
I can undertstand your frustration, brother. It does seem that we who claim the title "Apostolic", who claim to have ALL truth, are the most divided people on earth. I spend time with two pastors this weekend from neighboring towns. Onwe brother speant a good del of time downing the other. The next day, the "other" pastor spent a good amount of time downing the other. And, both believe virtually the same doctrines. Its frustrating...because I consider both friends, and I left both conversations with the distinct feeling that I will soon have to "choose whose side" I am on. (I'm on neither, I try to saty on the Lords side!) But the question is...what can be done about it?

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.