Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Administrator

Church Of England: Government Favors Islam

On Monday the Church of England is going to release a report accusing the British government of "deep religious illiteracy" and of "failing society as it discriminates against Christian Churches and favors other faiths, including Islam"

This should be interesting! I am very shocked that the oh so liberal Church of England has any problem with this. I expected them to be faciliating Muslim evangelism.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:19 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Church Of England: Government Favors Islam

Thanks for posting this. It is surprising especially with the likes of Rowan and other liberals who put their feet in their mouths often.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Matthew 7:6

Mohammed is now the second most popular boys' name in England.

That should tell us all we need to know about the direction England is headed right now.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1890354.ece
June 6, 2007

Muhammad is now second only to Jack as the most popular name for baby boys in Britain and is likely to rise to No 1 by next year, a study by The Times has found. The name, if all 14 different spellings are included, was shared by 5,991 newborn boys last year, beating Thomas into third place, followed by Joshua and Oliver.

Scholars said that the name’s rise up the league table was driven partly by the growing number of young Muslims having families, coupled with the desire to name their child in honour of the Prophet....
----
Mohammed to pip Jack as No. 1 name

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/the...740468204.html
LONDON: Mohammed is on track to become the most popular boy's name in England and Wales by next year. This year the name, in its various forms, was second only to Jack, which has been top for the past 13 years.
But there were just 385 more children called Jack, and because of the high birth rate among Muslim families, the name is set to become the most popular boy's name by next year.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

The Church of England does have some very nice churches... er uh, museums!

I get a kick out of these elaborate churches (worth multi-millions) that have seating for a hundred and fifty.

Kristin and I talk about retiring to a village Northern Italy and attending the only church in town.... It would be a mission of sorts - to see if after 20 years they would start baptising by imersion in Jesus name...

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I know a family from Pakistan, all the males are named Mohammed, with different other names, and they choose American names since they are running business's and most people can't pronounce their names. I worked for them for a while, they did notice I am not typically American in what they expect Americans to be. I did try to explain that Texans are not the norm for the whole country. While their wives don't wear burkahs they do dress in the headcoverings and Saris I guess you would call them. And they actually walk a pace behind their husbands and usually don't look males in the eye.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 06-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
The Church of England does have some very nice churches... er uh, museums!

I get a kick out of these elaborate churches (worth multi-millions) that have seating for a hundred and fifty.

Kristin and I talk about retiring to a village Northern Italy and attending the only church in town.... It would be a mission of sorts - to see if after 20 years they would start baptising by imersion in Jesus name...

In 1976 I got to go into the ancient RC church in Assisi where the Franciscon Monks were (St. Francis of Assisi).

I was really glad I got to go because just a few years later an earthquake destroyed that ancient church. There was actually a video camera running in the church at the time the earthquake hit. It is pretty amazing footage.

The Franciscon Monk that gave us the tour spoke such good English I was really impressed until I found out he was from New Jersey!