Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Registered Member

Mennonite Brethren Church Building Collapse

This Church runs about 1,200 and there was a about a thousand inside at the time. Apparently a Christian concert was on tonight and about 9 PM some lights and speakers came crashing through the Altar area & front pews.
It left a hole about 50 X 30 wide with everything dropping into the basement.
About 50 people were hurt.
Abbotsford is located about 45 miles east of Vancouver in the Fraser Valley.

Multiple injuries after accident at Abbotsford church concert

THE CANADIAN PRESS

ABBOTSFORD, B.C. - There have been multiple injuries after an accident at a concert at a church in Abbotsford, B.C.

Police say a portion of the floor collapsed during the concert at the Central Heights Church on Friday night. But eyewitnesses who called two Vancouver radio stations say the lighting system collapsed and crashed onto the stage. Abbotsford police Sergeant Casey Vinet there were hundreds of people at the church at the time.

He says some people were seriously injured and have already been taken to the hospital.

Vinet says all available police and ambulances in the area have been dispatched to the scene.

Emergency crews are treating other people at the scene.

An unidentified witness says there were people walking away with 'blood all over.'
Old 04-26-2008, 09:18 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Re: Mennonite Brethren Church Building Collapse

The lead singer of the group Starfield is a Mennonite and a GREAT guy. We had them at our church through the local radio station and I got to spend some quality time with him and pray with him. This is very sad, they are a small canadian group who now have landed huge on the big stage and reside in Nashvile, I pray they are ok through this AND for this poor church and its people, I hope and pray everyone is ok. The report states 3 with "serious" injuries...Pray with me please!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
The lead singer of the group Starfield is a Mennonite and a GREAT guy. We had them at our church through the local radio station and I got to spend some quality time with him and pray with him. This is very sad, they are a small canadian group who now have landed huge on the big stage and reside in Nashvile, I pray they are ok through this AND for this poor church and its people, I hope and pray everyone is ok. The report states 3 with "serious" injuries...Pray with me please!
Will do.

I am thankful it wasn't worse & you are correct it was a band called Starfield.
I never heard of them.
Old 04-26-2008, 10:22 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Will do.

I am thankful it wasn't worse & you are correct it was a band called Starfield.
I never heard of them.
Their American Debut charted to top 20 and now they are heard on most christian stations around the world. They just released their 2nd project last Tuesday, they sent me an autographed copy

What made them stand out to me was their prayer life and the things we discussed in CCC's office...

The report called it a Mosh pit...I hate the use of that word, yes sometimes it applies, but they could also say that about every altar service in my last two churches, CLC and CCC...