Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Books that show the PCI tradition

I have a intense hunger to learn more about the PCI tradition, but I know I can't many of them through PPH and alot of them are out of print. All I have as a base is Fudges book "Christianity without the cross"

Would other posters help me compile a list of those books, I am going to scan them in eventually with my industrial copier/scanner with a OCR program and then turn them into freely given .pdf ebooks that can't disappear with time.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Honorary Admin

Re: Books that show the PCI tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikwebster View Post
I have a intense hunger to learn more about the PCI tradition, but I know I can't many of them through PPH and alot of them are out of print. All I have as a base is Fudges book "Christianity without the cross"

Would other posters help me compile a list of those books, I am going to scan them in eventually with my industrial copier/scanner with a OCR program and then turn them into freely given .pdf ebooks that can't disappear with time.
You won't be able to get them through PPH. Hmmmmmm....I wonder why?
Old 04-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Registered Member

I would be interested in this as well.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:

AD Urshan's writings, before it was revised by Paul Dugas has a lot of the PCI theology

Ralph Reynolds books, he was from the Pacific Northwest

Frank Ewart Phenonemon of Pentecost-PCI

Those are the ones that I can remember off the top of my head

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

I found books online using search. I bought the book "The Supreme Need of The Hour" by Andrew Bar Urshan from Amazon.com
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnhisle View Post
I found books online using search. I bought the book "The Supreme Need of The Hour" by Andrew Bar Urshan from Amazon.com
That is an awesome book!!!!! That book was instrumental, in my early walk with God, to have simple faith. I want to read it again!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Accepts all friends requests

The old Pentecostal Home Study Course has 100 Bible studies by John Dearing. These were edited out and thrown away. The Pub does still have "Acorn to an Oak" by Loren Yadon. I remember that there was an older version by CH Yadon. I guess this is around to stifle criticism about "censorship."

Anything that you can find by GT Haywood or AD Urshan will have info that you seek. The Winds of God by Howard/Ethel Goss is available from the Pub as well. It doesn't really go into the doctrinal disputes so much as examine the organizational history.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
That is an awesome book!!!!! That book was instrumental, in my early walk with God, to have simple faith. I want to read it again!!!
Yes I had read it many years ago.Someone here mentioned it befor I joined.
The book is in good condition though used.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
The old Pentecostal Home Study Course has 100 Bible studies by John Dearing. These were edited out and thrown away. The Pub does still have "Acorn to an Oak" by Loren Yadon. I remember that there was an older version by CH Yadon. I guess this is around to stifle criticism about "censorship."

Anything that you can find by GT Haywood or AD Urshan will have info that you seek. The Winds of God by Howard/Ethel Goss is available from the Pub as well. It doesn't really go into the doctrinal disputes so much as examine the organizational history.
I was told on another thread that A.D. Urshans stuff through PPH had been sanitized by the editors for actually saying something different than what they felt it should say. I remember someone showed differences in text by comparing the original with the PPH version.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I was told on another thread that A.D. Urshans stuff through PPH had been sanitized by the editors for actually saying something different than what they felt it should say. I remember someone showed differences in text by comparing the original with the PPH version.
Well, how can we insure that the correct history is never lost. Maybe someone should start a website to document the truth.