Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

***The Comedy Church..Remember Us?***

Ok, I couldn't wait to get home from church and upload this video from tonight for yalls. We drove/raced home from Boston just to make tonight's service so we wouldn't miss this event.

Here is the backstory: A few months ago during Christmas, our church, Capital Community Church www.capitalcommunity.ca held our annual Christmas event.
During most of the year we conduct what most of you would recognize as an apostolic style service. Every once in a while we mix it up...senior's service, youth x-plosion, remembrance service, even missions services. Nothing wrong with that right? Well, instead of the usual kids concert or cantata/concert we did a drama...with a humorous edge. A little outside of the box. Weeeel, of course we had to be criticized, even called magicians by one poster on NFCF, he he.

Just want to tell you that all is well and here is ONE of the results. I'll call her "TB", she came with my wife to see the drama. She isn't a member of any church, denomination, or religious persuasion. Since that first visit, she hasn't missed a service, has taken on a Bible study, is getting a photo done for our church members phone book...oh, and she was BAPTIZED TONIGHT PRAISE GOD HALLELUJAH WOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!

Folks, whatever you/your Pastors are doing to reach the lost, I pray that God brings increase, enlarges your territories, and that you kick some serious devil butt!!!!

In JESUS NAME! Flee devil, we have claimed another one for His kingdom! And btw punk...WE AIN'T DONE! (I have a young University Student coming with me to church for 3 weeks now!)

Enjoy....
Old 03-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Sister Alvear

So interesting...visited the church site also...God bless you all as you continue to win the lost at any cost!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:47 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
So interesting...visited the church site also...God bless you all as you continue to win the lost at any cost!
Thank you! God bless you in Brazil!
Old 03-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Sister Alvear

In Oct. we are doing a vacation bible school with our children, young people and all the families that want to...we are doing a program called Galilee by the Sea...It is going to be awesome...
We are working now translating the booklets into Portuguese for our teachers...
I say do anything legal to win a soul...
Old 03-11-2007, 10:11 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

***ATTENTION***
My wife who isn't an AFF member will be posting soon under my name to tell you her side of this wonderful story.
Old 03-11-2007, 10:27 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

It is just amazing what God can do if we let Him. Classes and programs and special events will never replace anointed preaching.....but it can certainly open doors that might be otherwise closed.

Two years ago in April on a Sunday morning our pastor asked who wanted to be used of God to reach a soul that week....I raised my hand and consciously made a decision. That week this lady crossed my path for the first time in probably a year or more. I thought she might be the one but didn't think she was 'an easy candidate'....so I was having second thoughts. It took me a long time to just get close enough to be a friend. The Christmas program was the break I needed...she could see that the folks at CCC were just regular people with a sense of humor and church could be fun.

God has a way of making what we think is not possible happen! God is good ALL the time!!!--Mrs. Monkeyman
Old 03-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Annie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
It is just amazing what God can do if we let Him. Classes and programs and special events will never replace anointed preaching.....but it can certainly open doors that might be otherwise closed.

Two years ago in April on a Sunday morning our pastor asked who wanted to be used of God to reach a soul that week....I raised my hand and consciously made a decision. That week this lady crossed my path for the first time in probably a year or more. I thought she might be the one but didn't think she was 'an easy candidate'....so I was having second thoughts. It took me a long time to just get close enough to be a friend. The Christmas program was the break I needed...she could see that the folks at CCC were just regular people with a sense of humor and church could be fun.

God has a way of making what we think is not possible happen! God is good ALL the time!!!--Mrs. Monkeyman

I just love when God honors our faithfulness!! May the Lord bless you, sis.

Thanks for posting this, MM. I enjoyed it.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 AM
My Family!

Awesome!

Looking forward to hearing from Mrs. Monkeyman.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Picking up where my wife left off:

Her "candidate" is a co-worker who is/was a total "metalhead" who gave off a vibe of "leave me alone". She has turned out to be the sweetest and kindest person and is now one of my wife's closest friends. BTW, I updated her iPod, replacing all that metal music with Christian music!!! She came over the house last night and all she would say is that she has never felt such peace.

I'm glad I have a Pastor that allows us to use our different gifts to reach the lost.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Hey all! God is good all the time!!!! I still remember one day last summer when Mrs MM called and asked me to come over to her house. She wanted myself and a few of our friends to meet her friend from work. Her thought was that if she could see that we were "normal" and like to have fun that she(TB) might be more apt to come and visit our church. Well, you all know what happened on Sunday night and how very exciting it was to see what kindness and friendship can accomplish. I'm proud of Mrs. MM and happy to see how all her invested time has paid off.