Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

The Single Biggest Problem With the Pentecostal Church Today

Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. (Song of Solomon 1:6)

Almost everybody I talk to is worried about everybody else and what they are doing. Trying to change the organization, district, or, section in some way. Concerned about the standards the guy in the next town is teaching. Freting about what some "big name" preacher is doing. Upset over who is preaching some camp in another district. Wondering if the revival 2000 miles away is genuine. On and on it goes.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just took that same energy and kept their own vineyard and kept their big nose out of everybody elses? Honestly, if the Org. dissappeared tomorrow, I don't think I would even notice for a month (or until I didn't get my bill). Are we the only ones who are more concerned for our local vineyard than what is happening in another district? Are these all just preachers with too much time to kill and too little to do?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh, and about Tampa and the TV resolution:

I DON'T REALLY CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:51 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Complaining about everyone else is more fun!!!!!
Old 05-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
Complaining about everyone else is more fun!!!!!
Yeah, and if they make a BIG noise about what's happening in another town maybe no one will notice that they only have six people in their church and haven't baptized a single soul all year.

Sorry... I'm fighting cynicism.
Old 05-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Shepherd View Post
Yeah, and if they make a BIG noise about what's happening in another town maybe no one will notice that they only have six people in their church and haven't baptized a single soul all year.

Sorry... I'm fighting cynicism.
So, what are you doing here discussing the problem of people not minding their own business????

Methinks thou art hoisted by thine own petard!
Old 05-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Beaux's li'l buddy............

Quote:
Look not upon me, because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: my mother's children were angry with me; they made me the keeper of the vineyards; but mine own vineyard have I not kept. (Song of Solomon 1:6)

Almost everybody I talk to is worried about everybody else and what they are doing. Trying to change the organization, district, or, section in some way. Concerned about the standards the guy in the next town is teaching. Freting about what some "big name" preacher is doing. Upset over who is preaching some camp in another district. Wondering if the revival 2000 miles away is genuine. On and on it goes.

Wouldn't it be nice if everyone just took that same energy and kept their own vineyard and kept their big nose out of everybody elses? Honestly, if the Org. dissappeared tomorrow, I don't think I would even notice for a month (or until I didn't get my bill). Are we the only ones who are more concerned for our local vineyard than what is happening in another district? Are these all just preachers with too much time to kill and too little to do?

Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh, and about Tampa and the TV resolution:

I DON'T REALLY CARE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER.

Great Post..............you have spoken truth..........
Old 05-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
So, what are you doing here discussing the problem of people not minding their own business????

Methinks thou art hoisted by thine own petard!
Yeah, I knew some wisecracker would point that out.

See how widespread this has become! Even I'm doing it! Lol!
Old 05-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yeah, I knew some wisecracker would point that out.

See how widespread this has become! Even I'm doing it! Lol!
ROFL It's pretty contagious, eh???!!!!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:27 PM
Brother Strange

You may have a point about a great problem in Pentecost.

I do not see that as the greatest problem in Pentecost.

Continually rubbing how good, holy and all the good works that we have done in the Lord's face is the greatest problem, in my opinion.

I've seen God pass up some of the most classic of Apostolic saints in bad need of healing and perform the greatest of miracles for a first time visitor and rank sinner needing it far less than some faithful saint that has lived holy, never missed church, preached the message all of their life, did so many good works.

If I was God, these faithful old saints in bad need of healing, in bad need of some miracle would be the FIRST that I would heal. So, I have often wondered about that. How can that be?

I've heard saints speak of their great service for God but cannot understand how it is that they are not healed. I've heard preachers speak of their many years of faithful service to their church and the work of God but can't seem to find the healing that they have so desperately needed.

Not long ago I had lunch with a preacher in very dire financial straits...needed an instant miracle in his finances. He related to me the churches that he has built, his many years of faithful service and financial sacrifices that he has made for the ministry, placing himself and family last that the needs of God's house was properly met, but now that he is in such a condition he can't understand why his miracle is not forthcoming.

Rubbing it in God's face. I see it as the greatest problem in Pentecost today. "We have done many wonderful works in THY name."

"Why! We healed the sick, cast out devils and raised the dead before breakfast every morning and was in church everytime the doors were open and sometimes when they were not. Now, let us rub it in your face about how high we have lifted the standards of holiness!" Why, we don't even associate with other Apostolics whose standards are less than ours...not even to speak to them if we see them in Wal-Mart. Nobody has done as many wonderful works as UUUUUUSSSS"

RUB! RUB! RUB!

How impressed the Lord must be. Meanwhile, he just healed a prostitute of cancer while many wonderful and beloved saints are dying with it. I have prayed a time or two, "Lord would you just let me have my way for once? There is a precious saint, a giver, that I would love to heal RIGHT NOW!" But, I understand that I need to control, even crucify my own frustrations.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Come on, don't you know the greatest problem in Pentecost is ...

Television?

j/k (although it IS a problem!)
Old 05-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Brother Strange

Yes, television is a problem.

Had there never been the invention, there would be no division and confusion over it. There would never been the contention among us because of it.

Television has placed us in a TRIAL. We are in a TEST in regards to carnality and spirituality. So, I don't think Television is the issue after all. But rather it seems to be an issue of carnality and spirituality. Television seems to be the object or focal point that has brought forth this spiritual test that we are FAILING. We are getting a big fat "F" on our spiritual report card.