Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-21-2022, 06:53 AM
Registered Member

People from Different Beliefs Coming into Truth

Another discussion.

Do you have any people in your church that came out from different beliefs?
How long did it take them to see the revelation of Jesus Name and the Apostolic way?
How does your church handle people coming in that have been bred in different doctrines?
Do you have a fundamentals-type class or Bible study outlining the basics of Apostolic doctrine?

Just curious.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 09-21-2022, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: People from Different Beliefs Coming into Trut

We've had a few different people come into our churches that had been devoted to other doctrines previously.

There was this one elder (whom everyone affectionately called "Elder Sam") that had been raised in Holiness Baptist and Methodist churches. He received the Holy Ghost when he was a young boy, but because of misinterpretation within the churches he attended, he rejected the experience as false. He finally made it to our little country Apostolic church when he was pushing 80 years old. He came for several years before his eyes were opened to the revelation of Jesus Name. He was re-baptized in the name of Jesus and God filled him with the Holy Ghost again. One of my fondest memories of him was hearing the stories of when he went with our pastors' family to a big camp meeting in Arkansas. Elder Sam always wore overalls and a button-up shirt. He drew considerable attention because of his attire at this camp meeting and many people there fell in love with him. Elder Sam's gone on to be with the Lord now. He passed back in 2018, I believe.

We had another elder come to us once after serving as a Southern Baptist deacon for close to 60 years. This elder was in his 80s and he served the Lord in every way that he knew how. He started coming to our church and fell in love with the people and our worship. He eventually married one of the widows in our church (he was a widower himself) and the two of them were as faithful as anybody to our services. I remember when this elder got the Holy Ghost. He was so excited and the anointing was flowing so strong that he had anointing oil on his hands and he laid them on his own head and started praying. He loved my wife and I so very much, and we were both very saddened when he passed away before he was able to come to our wedding.

These are just two of the people we've had come into our churches and see the truth of this Apostolic way after being dedicated to other teachings.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 10-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

We've had different people come into our churches over the years that have rejected Jesus Name.

We had this elderly couple come into our church a few years back. They had been Trinitarian Holiness people their entire lives, and both the husband and wife had the Holy Ghost. They were very laid back and quiet people, but very nice. The wife had some issues with how our church operated because she had been so hindered in the churches they had attended previously. She had been taught that women were to remain in complete silence in the church, and therefore weren't allowed to speak, pray, or do anything in the sanctuary. She would often pray for people, but she was always hesitant.

To my knowledge, this elderly couple toyed with the idea of excepting Jesus Name, but they never openly admitted it. As I recall, neither of them were ever rebaptized in the name of Jesus, and they eventually tapered off coming to our churches. They used to both keep in touch with our pastors, but I believe that ceased sometime ago. The last I heard they were going to some Holiness Baptist church somewhere, but I couldn't be too sure.

This couple apparently found it far too hard to "unsee" the Trinity and "see" Oneness. Instead of having their beliefs challenged, they just went back to what they already knew and had been taught for probably 50 years or better.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:48 AM
New User

To your knowledge… that they didn’t openly admit.
Old 10-05-2022, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
To your knowledge… that they didn’t openly admit.
Yes, to my knowledge. I've never heard my pastors say such.
Old 10-05-2022, 06:49 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Flame View Post
We've had different people come into our churches over the years that have rejected Jesus Name.

We had this elderly couple come into our church a few years back. They had been Trinitarian Holiness people their entire lives, and both the husband and wife had the Holy Ghost. They were very laid back and quiet people, but very nice. The wife had some issues with how our church operated because she had been so hindered in the churches they had attended previously. She had been taught that women were to remain in complete silence in the church, and therefore weren't allowed to speak, pray, or do anything in the sanctuary. She would often pray for people, but she was always hesitant.

To my knowledge, this elderly couple toyed with the idea of excepting Jesus Name, but they never openly admitted it. As I recall, neither of them were ever rebaptized in the name of Jesus, and they eventually tapered off coming to our churches. They used to both keep in touch with our pastors, but I believe that ceased sometime ago. The last I heard they were going to some Holiness Baptist church somewhere, but I couldn't be too sure.

This couple apparently found it far too hard to "unsee" the Trinity and "see" Oneness. Instead of having their beliefs challenged, they just went back to what they already knew and had been taught for probably 50 years or better.
You think maybe that was the problem?
Old 10-05-2022, 08:27 PM
New User

I still don’t understand that to his KNOWLEDGE they toyed with accepting, but they didn’t ADMIT IT.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I still don’t understand that to his KNOWLEDGE they toyed with accepting, but they didn’t ADMIT IT.
Many people think they know what they only think, without actually knowing.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 10-06-2022, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Good grief.

The elderly couple never openly admitted to my pastors (who are now my in-laws) about accepting the Oneness of God. They said they'd pray about it, but never went any further in the process of accepting it, such as being rebaptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

Is that more clear?
Old 10-06-2022, 12:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You think maybe that was the problem?
Depends on how you mean your question. You've put "had" in red bold font, but I'm unsure if you're implying that these people "had" the Holy Ghost but might've lost it, or they just thought they had it?