Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-04-2024, 03:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Thither Tithes Tithing by by Uncle Hebert W

https://www.hwalibrary.com/cgi-bin/g...oID=1328043717
Old 02-04-2024, 04:19 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Thither Tithes Tithing by by Uncle Hebert W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I find it fascinating he seemed to have completely skipped this part about tithing:

Deuteronomy 14:22-29 KJV
Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year. [23] And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God, in the place which he shall choose to place his name there, the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstlings of thy herds and of thy flocks; that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always. [24] And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it; or if the place be too far from thee, which the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name there, when the Lord thy God hath blessed thee: [25] Then shalt thou turn it into money, and bind up the money in thine hand, and shalt go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose: [26] And thou shalt bestow that money for whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, for oxen, or for sheep, or for wine, or for strong drink, or for whatsoever thy soul desireth: and thou shalt eat there before the Lord thy God, and thou shalt rejoice, thou, and thine household, [27] And the Levite that is within thy gates; thou shalt not forsake him; for he hath no part nor inheritance with thee. [28] At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates: [29] And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-04-2024, 04:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

He quotes Deut 14:22 (ignoring the rest of God's Tithe Law) as justification for how he computes a farmer's owed tithe.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-04-2024, 04:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Herbert Armstrong was well versed in God's Law. His misapplication of the Laws of Tithing cannot be ascribed to a theological oopsie. Quite simply he comes across as duplicitous and guilty of dissimulation and hypocrisy when it comes to the tithe laws.

Old 02-04-2024, 04:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Herbert Armstrong was well versed in God's Law. His misapplication of the Laws of Tithing cannot be ascribed to a theological oopsie. Quite simply he comes across as duplicitous and guilty of dissimulation and hypocrisy when it comes to the tithe laws.
Uncle Hebert adopted teachings which were popular during his younger days. British Israel was taught during the turn of the century. A main teaching in WECOG. Parham as many other early Pentecostals also believed many things which were taught later by Uncle Armstrong.
Old 02-04-2024, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

They always eventually come to the place in their studies when the question of whom to tithe to is asked. After all, we certainly can’t tithe to the Levites as required by law. And they never seem to think of the widows, orphans and strangers, for some strange reason. It always seems to be that the only logical answer is that you send the money to them. Funny how that works. And so it happens in this paper:

To Whom Should We Tithe?

It would be nice if we, as humans, could give our tithe to God personally.

Funny that you should ask. Jesus DID tell us how to give and it would be just like giving to Him.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

And here’s how you do it:

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
[36] Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
[37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38] When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
[39] Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
[40] And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

For some reason they missed this instruction on how to give as unto the Lord. Maybe it’s missing in their Bible?

It reminds me of a country music lyric: They tell you to send your money to the Lord but they give you their address”.
Old 02-10-2024, 04:15 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
They always eventually come to the place in their studies when the question of whom to tithe to is asked. After all, we certainly can’t tithe to the Levites as required by law. And they never seem to think of the widows, orphans and strangers, for some strange reason. It always seems to be that the only logical answer is that you send the money to them. Funny how that works. And so it happens in this paper:

To Whom Should We Tithe?

Funny that you should ask. Jesus DID tell us how to give and it would be just like giving to Him.

And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
[36] Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
[37] Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
[40] And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

For some reason they missed this instruction on how to give as unto the Lord. Maybe it’s missing in their Bible?

It reminds me of a country music lyric: They tell you to send your money to the Lord but they give you their address”.

❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-11-2024, 07:03 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post

To Whom Should We Tithe?

Who are the “they?”

Are the “they” WWCOG?

Are you saying that every single church or ministry which accepts tithes ignore Matthew 25:36-40?
Old 02-11-2024, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE]=Evang.Benincasa;1614565]Who are the “they?”

Uncle Hebert. I read the article that you linked to. I quoted from it. I didn’t properly use quotations. My apologies.

[QUOTE] Are the “they” WWCOG? Yes. And others. We already talked about the Cleveland Tn. bunch who did the same thing. The UPCI also does it. I’m starting to see a trend.

Quote:
Are you saying that every single church or ministry which accepts tithes ignore Matthew 25:36-40?
No. I didn’t say that. Did I?

But it is my experience that most do. How many times have I heard pastors and preachers take up an offering and say “give as unto the Lord”? More times than I can count. But they mean for you to give to the church. They never seem to mention that Jesus gave instructions as to how to give and it would be just like you gave it to Him.

It’s all there in Jesus’ sermon of the sheep and the goats.
Old 02-11-2024, 01:56 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

[QUOTE=Tithesmeister;1614566][QUOTE]=Evang.Benincasa;1614565]Who are the “they?”

Uncle Hebert. I read the article that you linked to. I quoted from it. I didn’t properly use quotations. My apologies.

Quote:
Are the “they” WWCOG? Yes. And others. We already talked about the Cleveland Tn. bunch who did the same thing. The UPCI also does it. I’m starting to see a trend.

No. I didn’t say that. Did I?

But it is my experience that most do. How many times have I heard pastors and preachers take up an offering and say “give as unto the Lord”? More times than I can count. But they mean for you to give to the church. They never seem to mention that Jesus gave instructions as to how to give and it would be just like you gave it to Him.

It’s all there in Jesus’ sermon of the sheep and the goats.

But but but they sold all their stuff and laid it at the Apostles feet bro! Lets just make it an expectation! 😅