Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

Repentance, forgiveness of sins?...

After being born again, if I sin can I just pray and ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins?
Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Repentance, forgiveness of sins?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
After being born again, if I sin can I just pray and ask Jesus for forgiveness of my sins?
Yes.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, you have to be re-baptized in Jesus name. Remember baptism is what removes our sin.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
YES. It also works "before" you are born again... though it tends to change your status!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 04-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Eliseus

If a Christian sins, they must repent of their sin. It is not about 'just praying and asking for forgiveness'. Sin must be forsaken, turned away from.

Baptism is not just for the 'washing away of sin', that's actually a by-product of baptism. Baptism places you into the new covenant, which of course removes the guilt of sin. Once in, IF you sin, you have to repent (abandon sin) and confess it to God. He is faithful and just to forgive you of your sin, and to cleanse you from all unrighteousness.
Old 04-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Anyone else?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone else?

Thanks.

I Jn 1:7-10
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
(KJV)

John was writing to believers not to non-belivers.
Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Can can we just confess and ask Jesus for forgivness and change our ways or do we have to confess the things we've done to a Pastor?
Old 04-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I believe the Gospel of Jesus

Quote:
Anyone else?

Thanks.
The sins of the whole world were forgiven at calvary, not just past sins but future sins as well. (Remember: Jesus is never going to die for anybody's sins again.) He did it once and for all. It is finished!

When you sin, in your flesh, (and everybody does), you don't have to get rebaptized or even pray through and get "born-again again", just turn-away from the sin and acknowledge that all your sins have already been forgiven. Let go of the condemnation and forget it. Just glorify God for the work of "....redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins,..." (Gal 1:7), which Jesus has already done. That sin was already washed away before you finished sinning it. It is finished!

Traditions of men have taugh us that we must repent over every sin, in order to get it under the blood. If that were true nobody could be saved, because you can't even remember all the sins you have commited. But I'm here to tell you that the blood has already been applied. When you pray and ask God to forgive your sin, (again), you are laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works. (Heb 6:1) Paul saying here to go on unto perfection ( maturity). Understand that the work of forgiveness has already been done.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

If one sins and sincerly repents and asks Jesus to forgive them,HE will.
No need to confess to the pastor unless it was something that the Pastor needs to know for counseling or something.
To God what's forgiven is forgotten.