Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2024, 07:17 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Was Adam and Eve the only first created?

I’ve been dealing with a few in street Bible studies who hold to the idea of Adam and Eve being the only first created. They claim that Cain found his wife outside his Adamic family. Sin came into the world by ONE man, which we are told in Romans 5 was Adam. Now these individuals who claim there were others outside of Adam’s tree, have their arguments for Romans 5. Which don’t make sense if Jesus is a savior for all. It would make sense if Jesus is only a savior for a certain race? Anyone here ever met anyone or any religious group that believes this? Or anything like this?
Old 01-22-2024, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

Re: Was Adam and Eve the only first created?

I know a few, even recently heard this. It seems to go along with old earth doctrine and even the localized flood doctrine. Seems like most who swing that way don't want anything to do with the spiritual.

Last edited by Monterrey; 01-22-2024 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

What is amazing is the connection between a person's belief in a 6 day literal creation and a person's faith.

Paul said this about it to the Hebrews.

Heb 11:3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

We see that when a person struggles with the miracle of creation, according to Genesis 1, that they will struggle with any other belief in miracles in any other dimension.

This is so strongly connected to faith that Paul mentions it first. When we fail to understand that the creation of the earth was a spiritual event and so miraculous, 6 literal day periods and "BOOM" a world that was mature, yet only a few days old! What a miracle!

Why is this important? Because if I believe that the same God who had the power to speak the words and the worlds were formed then alls I need Him to do is speak into my world and watch what can be formed!

Ecc 8:4 Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?

Paul rightly connected faith to a person's belief in the Genesis creation. Without that belief it is impossible to please God.

Heb 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Old 01-22-2024, 03:06 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I’ve been dealing with a few in street Bible studies who hold to the idea of Adam and Eve being the only first created. They claim that Cain found his wife outside his Adamic family. Sin came into the world by ONE man, which we are told in Romans 5 was Adam. Now these individuals who claim there were others outside of Adam’s tree, have their arguments for Romans 5. Which don’t make sense if Jesus is a savior for all. It would make sense if Jesus is only a savior for a certain race? Anyone here ever met anyone or any religious group that believes this? Or anything like this?
I believe in a literal 7 day creation week. On the 6th day God made mankind, both male and female. After the first Sabbath, in chapter 2 God made a specific man, and then from that man made a woman. Two different accounts. The order of events in chapter 1 and chapter 2 are different and I don't see any way they can be the same. So they must be 2 different events.

Jesus is Saviour of all who believe. He was only sent to redeem Israel and yet even the Canaanite woman had faith and received deliverance.

Isaiah 56:6-8 KJV
Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; [7] Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. [8] The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-22-2024, 03:57 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I believe in a literal 7 day creation week. On the 6th day God made mankind, both male and female. After the first Sabbath, in chapter 2 God made a specific man, and then from that man made a woman. Two different accounts. The order of events in chapter 1 and chapter 2 are different and I don't see any way they can be the same. So they must be 2 different events.
I don’t see how they are 2 different accounts. The 2nd is just giving more detail, otherwise you have the creation of plant life, man, and cattle a 2nd time- AFTER God rested from creation.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:11 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey
This is so strongly connected to faith that Paul mentions it first. When we fail to understand that the creation of the earth was a spiritual event and so miraculous, 6 literal day periods and "BOOM" a world that was mature, yet only a few days old! What a miracle!
I struggled with this because I believe in science. Recently I saw a short clip. In it a man stated something like this: Adam was 1 day old yet a full grown man. Similarly, the earth being young has all the markings of an old earth.

And it made sense to me, but I’m just a simple guy.
Old 01-22-2024, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I struggled with this because I believe in science. Recently I saw a short clip. In it a man stated something like this: Adam was 1 day old yet a full grown man. Similarly, the earth being young has all the markings of an old earth.

And it made sense to me, but I’m just a simple guy.
True science and true Bible do not conflict. Yes, there are scientists that try to discount scripture, and there are some religious that try to discount science, but both do error.

There is no doubt the earth is old, and no, God had no reason to instantaneously create. Could he have? Sure. But that does not mean he did.
The earth appears old because it is.
From Adam to now is relatively short, just a few thousand years, but creation is much older.
If God made the earth look old, yet it is not old, he would be intentionally, and for no reason be authoring confusion.

The Bible does not demand one day be 24 hours, or even 1000 years long, but simply a period of time.

That's the way I see it, and no, it does in no way conflict with my view of God, His ways or His plans.

Last edited by Bowas; 01-22-2024 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:10 PM
New User

Each creation day ends with “and the evening and the morning were the ___ day.”

Which makes no sense if a day is as a thousand years, or any measurement of time other than a 24 hour day.
Old 01-22-2024, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Each creation day ends with “and the evening and the morning were the ___ day.”

Which makes no sense if a day is as a thousand years, or any measurement of time other than a 24 hour day.
Add to that the fact that Moses himself, the writer, intended the reader to understand it as literal days:

Exodus 20:10-11 (KJV) 10 But the seventh day [is] the sabbath of the LORD thy God: [in it] thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that [is] within thy gates: 11 For [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them [is], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com
Old 01-22-2024, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Seven 24hr days.