Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Re: Goss speaking @ UPCI conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadeye View Post
The hatred expressed toward the UPC on this thread is off the charts....

Indulge your little minds and spirits all you want....you don't fool God or man, your spirits are infested with bitterness and poison.

I know as well as all of you that the UPC is not perfect....i have been in it all my life, I have seen the abuse, the dishonesty of some and having sat on a District board for 10 years I have seen most everything you can see.

But I have also found that the large majority of the UPC..(and this includes the leadership) simply want to live for God and advance His kingdom.

It has been the greatest tool for the propagation of the Gospel in this century....it has sent out large numbers of missionaries, it has built thousands and thousands of churches..

But here on AFF we have the little small minded bitter, hateful pests who find joy in digging up dirt on UPCI ministers...

If a UPC man falls they post newspaper accounts and dance around in joy at his failings....

If someone makes a mistake or an ethical misstep, they descend like the vultures they are and tear away at them...

They take pleasure in any sin that is revealed in an UPC man....

Many of these same folks will defend and make excuses for the ridiculous antics and excesses of the charismatic/emergent/trinitarian world....but will jump on the slightest real or perceived variance of a UPC minister.

Some of you folks are nice people....in my opinion wrong maybe but good folks who love God..

But some on here are so filled with darkness and the root of bitterness has sprouted until it dominates your life.

I both feel sorry for you, because if you dont repent you will be lost....and at the same time you simply make me sick.

I apologize....i will not be able to respond for several days.
I am preaching out of state and will not be available.
Amen Brother! I don't see how some that post on AFF could ever feel like they were pleasing God and ready to meet Him with the attitudes that are displayed and the tearing down of the ministry that is done. I think I have read somewhere in the scripture that God hates 6 things and one is an abomination to Him.

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

There's a lot of these six things going on here. Check it out! It also says:

James 4:11 Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
12 There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone that REALLY loved the Lord would pray for each other and lift each other up, rather than criticize every little thing. What a better world it would be!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I wonder if this is the same drama they did at the Azusa 100 year celebration? We went to the UPC thing, and it was actually excellent. The power of God moved in during the drama and they didn't even get to finish; people were running to the altars to get the Holy Ghost.
I saw the one at the Azusa celebration. It was powerful! This one was different - and was good to those not watching for 'flaws' in it. We can rejoice that God did move and there was a great outpouring at the turn of the century.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:54 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed View Post
I saw the one at the Azusa celebration. It was powerful! This one was different - and was good to those not watching for 'flaws' in it. We can rejoice that God did move and there was a great outpouring at the turn of the century.
"flaws"? Flaws could be perhaps a geographical error, or have a quote attributed to someone who didn't say it.

What the UPC play basically did was the equivalent of making Martin Luther an Acts 2:38 preacher. They reframed history to fit their specific doctrine.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 AM
Scripture > Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed View Post
Re-writing history and presenting it to over 10,000 folks, many of whom are ministers going back to talk about it in their home churches... thats evil.

Why is it "OK" to present falsehoods and say its a higher truth if you look beyond its flaws? How can we progress if we cannot look at what our elders did and grow beyond them? We cannonize them and don't try to learn the lessons of their failures and try be better.

Name-calling is the last resort of an exhausted mind.

When people have the facts, they argue the facts.

When they don't have the facts, they call names.

Last edited by Apocrypha; 10-08-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:22 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocrypha View Post
We cannonize them and don't try to learn the lessons of their failures and try be better.
Or even stranger, we cannonie them for their beliefs, but don't ascribe to their beliefs ourselves. Thus, we redefine their beliefs and identify with them.

This reminds me of Jesus rebuking the pharisees for decorating the tombs of the prophets and lamenting their deaths at the hands of their fathers, saying "we wouldn't have done this!", and at the same time in their own day they crucified the Son of God.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill