Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
While there is no doubt that these young men are not on the best possible path for their life I really wonder if proclamations of "demon possession" are appropriate.

Someone can be living a wrong life, committing sin, etc, etc without neccesarily being "demon possessed". Our fallen human nature alone is enough to insure plenty of sin and wrong choices!!!!
I am basing what I said partly on these verses:

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. (Mat 12:43-45)
Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I think you misunderstood what he meant by "move"....she does sing church music, after all...LOL!!!!
Yeah yeah

I WAS joking
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Shepherd View Post

When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none. Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came out; and when he is come, he findeth it empty, swept, and garnished. Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first. Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation. (Mat 12:43-45)
So is it your belief, then, that every backslider is demon-possessed?

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 03-27-2007, 07:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

This passage says an unclean spirit was there in the first place, then left. Do you know this boys were possessed at some time before now?
I DO NOT condone their present actions, but I will not condemn them as devil possessed either.
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

Can anyone give a review of their performance on Letterman last night??!!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Sherri, let us reason together. We are not comparing them to me or my upbringing. We are weighing their actions against the Word. Secondly, I am not condemning them. I have no power to condemn anyone. How am I condemning them? By telling the truth? So because they have "lost confidence in God" they get a free pass? Who else are you willing to just excuse because they had a troubled past?

I am very troubled at what appears to be a kind of moral relativism on your part. Through their music they will promote Satan's lies and ungodliness to the youth of America. many of those youth will be influenced to use drugs and some will die. Others will be destroyed spiritually and will end up in the Lake of Fire because of music like this. What about those kids Sherri? And what about the youth of the UPC who are already on the edge and hear about the KOL so they too leave the church? Do you care about those young people?

And what about the Bible? Do you care what it says?
I DO NOT BELIEVE IN MORAL RELATIVISM!!! What a ridiculous thing to say! Once again, I am not excusing them or what they do. I think they are probably as lost as can be, but I still think rather than rant and rave about what they're doing, we should be praying for their restoration.

And who said anything about them getting a free pass? I think if they don't repent, they will be harshly judged. But I HOPE THEY REPENT!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonskinner View Post
Their dad could crawl out of bed, get up, and preach a flashy and catchy sermon almost without effort.

But when he preached revivals for us, you had a hard time catching him praying.

Berkeley's pastor, on the other hand, also preached for us.

That man prayed. I know, because I was young and spent a good bit of time at the church praying, and he was there a lot when I was.

He impressed me; the other fellow didn't, although he was the better natural orator.
Berkley's pastor? Isn't that like saying, Saddam Hussen's country?

sorry Berk...couldn't resist!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Berkley's pastor? Isn't that like saying, Saddam Hussen's country?
I don't know how to take that comment.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkeley View Post
I don't know how to take that comment.
Take it TIC...
Old 03-27-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
Hey, I don't like their music, I just said they were talented young men. They are very mixed up, but if you knew the whole story, you would be a little more compassionate and a lot less judgmental. You are, by and large, a product of your upbringing.
Regardless of our upbringing or any hurt we have experienced in our lives, these things will not excuse us on judgement day.