Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Re: Apostolic Identity??

On another note, where does the bible say that God inhabits the praises of His people?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Does that mean something different than
Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.
He's saying, "Follow me, I am of Christ."
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
But he didn't say follow me as I follow Christ.
Good grief. He was a follower of Christ, I take it to mean, he followed Christ.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Go Dodgers!

The late Dr. Walter Martin (apologist and founder of Christian Research Institute) explained that when the doctrine of the Trinity was denied, then the second person of the Trinity is perverted, and then he is no longer the same Christ taught to us in the Bible. Martin points out that the Apostle Paul himself warned that there was "the other Jesus." In fact, Paul says that some people preach a "different Jesus," and that they also preach a "different spirit" and a "different gospel" (2 Cor 11:4). Do Christian pastors really have to be told this? Martin states:
For it is axiomatic that if the doctrine of Christ Himself, i.e., His Person [which includes His being the second person of the Trinity] nature and work are perverted, then the identity of the life-giver is altered, then the life which He came to give is correspondingly negated" (The Kingdom of the Cults, Bethany House Publishers).
Thus, if the life that the Second Person of the Trinity came to give is negated, salvation is negated.

I could go on and on with quotes from biblical scholars who all agree that the Trinity is a DNA-Doctrine. The DNA-Doctrine of the Trinity is so fundamental to Christianity, the burden of proof is upon those who say that people can be saved while denying the Trinity, not upon those who say that a negation of the Trinity is ultimately a negation of salvation.
http://www.columbiaseminary.org/coffeetalk/047.html

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:22 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Good grief. He was a follower of Christ, I take it to mean, he followed Christ.

Oooooohhhhh, so you're ASSUMING things!!!
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
On another note, where does the bible say that God inhabits the praises of His people?
Do you want me to look that up too? And does it have to be word for word?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Oooooohhhhh, so you're ASSUMING things!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Do you want me to look that up too? And does it have to be word for word?

I'm just offering a million dollars to anyone who can find that in the bible. I've heard it quoted in church, in an attempt to get people worked up, at least a thousand times. Of course it has to be word for word. "The bible says, God inhabits......". Really? If the bible says it, find it.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
I believe there are two point of views being played out here of "Apostolic Identity" and I have been trying to figure out which one the thread was started on by reading the responses. If the first point of view , Apostolic Indentity meaning as defined by UPC and David Benard, then this thread is irrelevant, IMO, as just another bash and rehash thread. But you are speaking from a point of view , the one I had hoped was the point of this thread, that would be really interesting discussion if taken seriously.

The point of view I believe you are addressing is one of "true" Apostolic Identity. Not as defined by an org, but as defined by scripture. How should we as apostolics identify ourselves with the apostles ? From this point of view, I believe you are correct. Loving others is very much identifiable to the apostles. I believe jfrog and others are approaching from the first point of view which is why they disagree with your opinion to loving others as being an attribute.

On a side note, would Apostolic Identity as defined by an org be better symbolized as AI ?
I also hope the true identity of any apostolic is love, how can it be otherwise and be apostolic or biblical or Christ like?
Jesus said everything hinged on loving Him and others as ourselves. I hope that isn't being lost in the shuffle of who did what and says what and believes what.
I'm very new here and I can tell you I'm getting zapped with the revelations on the UPC left and right.
I must have been sleeping thru all this...LOL! I just learned I'm a "three stepper" and my last two pastors were "one steppers" ...who knew...not me!

I do know there are hard people everywhere in every denomination, I saw that in UPC, I saw it in non-demon as well. But, I could never get away from grace and love as being the most important attributes of Jesus and what He expects of His children. Those attributes are what drew me to Him...somehow, somewhere this Jewish girl knew Jesus loved me and even if it had to be a secret with Him and I, I loved Him too.
Now, for that to shine thru me like it should is my prayer!
Old 10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I think they get it from Psalms. But it is not a direct quote word for word.