Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Wikileaks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisp View Post
My goodness we mucked that up! lol
You're telling me!
Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 AM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

for the record, I don’t want my government to be above board. utterly open and honest and forth-right and non-hypocritical.

governments like that get destroyed.

I want my government to protect me. If that means banging heads and telling one group one thing and another group the opposite, so be it. If it means playing one bad guy against another, so be it.

If it means espionage and creating chaos in other parts of the world where bad guys live even better.

People who want their government to act like their best friend don’t understand what government is. Further they don’t understand the world we live in.

The community of nations is not a church full of saints. It isn’t even a playground. It is more like a Max Security prison where all the inmates have guns. To survive, you have to be bigger, meaner, more vicious and smarter than the other bullies in the yard.

and for the lesser minds, that isnt a republican view... unless you think Franklin D. Roosevelt was a republican.

snort.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
for the record, I don’t want my government to be above board. utterly open and honest and forth-right and non-hypocritical.

I want my government to protect me. If that means banging heads and telling one group one thing and another group the opposite, so be it. If it means playing one bad guy against another, so be it.

If it means espionage and creating chaos in other parts of the world where bad guys live even better.

People who want their government to act like their best friend don’t understand what government is. Further they don’t understand the world we live in.

The community of nations is not a church full of saints. It isn’t even a playground. It is more like a Max Security prison where all the inmates have guns. To survive, you have to be bigger, meaner, more vicious and smarter than the other bullies in the yard.

and for the lesser minds, that isnt a republican view... unless you think Franklin D. Roosevelt was a republican.

snort.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

snort.

God gives government permission to protect people from those who do evil.
If it's good enough for God it's good enough for me.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Rahab the Harlot left no document trail.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:19 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
But what candidate would Jesus vote for is what really matters!
Do you think Jesus would vote?
Old 11-29-2010, 12:43 PM
Forever Loved Admin

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101129/...r_wh/wikileaks

WASHINGTON – The White House says the U.S. government is not ruling out the possibility of taking legal action against online whistle-blower WikiLeaks.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says the administration is considering several steps following the release of more than a quarter million classified State Department documents. He says there is an ongoing criminal investigation into how the documents were made public.

Gibbs says President Barack Obama was briefed on the size and scope of the document leak by national security aides last week. Gibbs says it would be an understatement to say the president was "not pleased" to hear that the information would be released.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
Rahab the Harlot left no document trail.
She left some kind of trail, otherwise we would not know about her, lol.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101129/...r_wh/wikileaks

WASHINGTON – The White House says the U.S. government is not ruling out the possibility of taking legal action against online whistle-blower WikiLeaks.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs says the administration is considering several steps following the release of more than a quarter million classified State Department documents. He says there is an ongoing criminal investigation into how the documents were made public.

Gibbs says President Barack Obama was briefed on the size and scope of the document leak by national security aides last week. Gibbs says it would be an understatement to say the president was "not pleased" to hear that the information would be released.
I hope they're able to put a stop to this and while they're at it I wish they'd check the NY Times on their leaks.

If this kind of thing happened in WWII there would be heads rolling....
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Right. My husband said they need to take him out once a day and beat him with a stick. He is gay and was mad at his boyfriend. I don't know what that has to do with him doing his job incorrectly. Looks like treason to me. I think they should hang him.
I want to throw you in the water to see if you can swim.