Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-26-2020, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Re: Covenant Apostolic Congrgations Intl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Yeah, especially the ones who believe that God created a suit for Himself before the creation of the world. That he puts the suit on when He would visit mankind. That the devil and demons fly air ships and one day will visit the leaders of the world and be accepted by man kind. Destroying faith, is when crackpots teach unbiblical garbage which people get a look on their face like they are sucking lemons. From jokers who claim to be sinless but in reality love strife more than those who they excuse of causing strife. You don't even know what you believe, only that Jesus will return one day in the far far far future. Destroy faith? So, my church family and I have no faith? PROVE IT.
You, as usual, attack the person as a way to win your argument. You, as usual, mock people, as a way to win your argument and draw people to your side.

I do not believe in the Logos doctrine. I have never said that. Then you keep accusing me of things you have never heard from my mouth.

Your argumentation almost never uses Bible, but instead a lot references to some extra biblical sources, and attacking and mocking of people. I just hope people in this forum see that and escape from your rhetoric.

Last edited by coksiw; 08-26-2020 at 09:58 AM.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
Partial. Or impartial.
Have you talked to your pastor about it?
Old 08-26-2020, 12:16 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Have you talked to your pastor about it?
Why would I?
Old 08-26-2020, 12:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
You, as usual, attack the person as a way to win your argument. You, as usual, mock people, as a way to win your argument and draw people to your side.

I do not believe in the Logos doctrine. I have never said that. Then you keep accusing me of things you have never heard from my mouth.

Your argumentation almost never uses Bible, but instead a lot references to some extra biblical sources, and attacking and mocking of people. I just hope people in this forum see that and escape from your rhetoric.
Corkscrew you don’t know what you believe, and therefore to say such falsehood about those who believe in another eschatology is lame. I mock people like you because your full of yourself, and saw nothing wrong with drawing first blood.
When you get smacked back in the teeth you want to rally the troops to stop the bad man from tagging your nonsense. Grow up and own your own behavior. We don’t have faith? How sad you are
Old 08-26-2020, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

So you can say his teaching is a faith-destroying cancer, but he can't mock the UFO guy? Gimme a break.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Why would I?
That’s coming from a guy who gives a shopping list of eschatological terms to say what he might believe. Maybe he should ask his pastor to teach him.

Still waiting to find out when these guys are going to be beaten in the synagogue in front of the Bet Din.

Good grief.

How long have I been asking that question.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
So you can say his teaching is a faith-destroying cancer, but he can't mock the UFO guy? Gimme a break.
You are free you criticize a doctrine I believe all you want. I would denounce bad behavior, and bad doctrine, but I do not attack and individual by calling it arrogant, idiot, lazy, directly or indirectly. That's judging people beyond what you should do, as they are probably misjudging at that point, and coming across as an offense.

BTW, both expressions I used are found in the Bible itself:

[2Ti 2:17-18 NKJV] 17 And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, 18 who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some.

[Eph 4:14 NKJV] 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,

Last edited by coksiw; 08-26-2020 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Corkscrew you don’t know what you believe, and therefore to say such falsehood about those who believe in another eschatology is lame. I mock people like you because your full of yourself, and saw nothing wrong with drawing first blood.
When you get smacked back in the teeth you want to rally the troops to stop the bad man from tagging your nonsense. Grow up and own your own behavior. We don’t have faith? How sad you are

And insult to me as a person, then a false statement, then another insult to me as a person.

I have not said a falsehood about the people that believe in it. They are unfortunately falling into the trap of that doctrine. I stated that that doctrine spreads like a cancer, I said nothing about the individuals that believe it. There are many good people believing that thing, as there are many good people that get cancer.
Cancer spreads thru the body, as that doctrine is spreading thru the Apostolic churches.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why would I?
He should know what it is happening in his congregation, and you may find some good teaching challenging your beliefs. Something that you definitely want. Maybe something good comes out of that conversation .
Old 08-26-2020, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
That’s coming from a guy who gives a shopping list of eschatological terms to say what he might believe. Maybe he should ask his pastor to teach him.

Still waiting to find out when these guys are going to be beaten in the synagogue in front of the Bet Din.

Good grief.

How long have I been asking that question.

The Church I go to, and the fellowship I belong to, don't have a strong position regarding post, mid, pre or prewrath. In fact, in my Church my pastor has allowed teachers to teach their view regarding the topic openly to the church.

I don't see nothing wrong with that, and in fact, I find it is a humbling attitude towards prophecy and its purpose for our life.

Preterism of any kind is definitely rejected.