Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-21-2020, 06:00 PM
Banned

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I agree.

Yet, I believe wholeheartedly that Bro. Spell believes he is being persecuted for his faith. He told I believe CNN or one of the other media outlets that. He told them once they shut down stores then he will shut the church down. At that point, it’s not a conviction but rather a preference. A conviction has no price tag, there is no, “once this happens then I will do this”. The news media as deceptive and manipulative as they are will twist every word he speaks to them. The Police chief has already been quoted as saying Bro. Spell is doing what he is doing for self-promotion.
Miscalculated post

Deliberately antagonizing the community? Where is that OK anywhere?
Old 04-21-2020, 06:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
This is the second time that an Apostolic has made national headlines because they were arrested for their faith. First was Kim Davis.
Kim Davis was actually arrested for her faith.

Rev. Spell was arrested for a terrible momentary lapse in judgment. He was not arrested for his faith.

You drive a bus at someone, you'll be investigated and likely charged with something. I don't believe he should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but he's not innocent.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
The Police chief has already been quoted as saying Bro. Spell is doing what he is doing for self-promotion.
Based on some videos I've seen, press conferences and the stunt he did when served with a summons, I can't argue with the chief.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
If you watch the video on that article, you could see that Tony Spell and his Church members were being provoked by this protester with continuous insults at close range. The Reporter did a good job at showing the full picture of the incident.
Provoked or not, Rev. Spell has what the protester does not -- the HG. He should use that to walk away and not respond as he did. I don't agree with the congregants gathering at the jail celebrating as though Rev. Spell is fighting for his faith. He's in trouble because he let his carnal emotions get the better of him.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Provoked or not, Rev. Spell has what the protester does not -- the HG. He should use that to walk away and not respond as he did. I don't agree with the congregants gathering at the jail celebrating as though Rev. Spell is fighting for his faith. He's in trouble because he let his carnal emotions get the better of him.
Which should trigger an analysis of fruits and all that good stuff
Old 04-21-2020, 06:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Kim Davis was actually arrested for her faith.

Rev. Spell was arrested for a terrible momentary lapse in judgment. He was not arrested for his faith.

You drive a bus at someone, you'll be investigated and likely charged with something. I don't believe he should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, but he's not innocent.
Nope, assault with a deadly weapon is what the idiot did and exactly what he should be charged with. Told y’all. Picked the wrong side here.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
The what? Nah, just a proud, greedy preacher on his way down. Open your eyes man!
Old 04-21-2020, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Nope, assault with a deadly weapon is what the idiot did and exactly what he should be charged with. Told y’all. Picked the wrong side here.
There's a problem with the charge...there was no assault. He didn't assault anyone with a deadly weapon. Any decent lawyer will either get the charge reduced or completely dropped. The bus was several feet from the protester when it stopped.

I believe the actual charge is "attempted" assault. Even so, there was no attempt. The charges are overblown.

Charge him with reckless driving or something similar, but attempted or assault with a deadly weapon is absurd.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Kim Davis was a totally different scenario. She refused to participate in sin. Stopping large gatherings and switching to home groups is not a sin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walks_in_islam View Post
Miscalculated post

Deliberately antagonizing the community? Where is that OK anywhere?
I never I said I agree. With that said, I’m not going to drag bro. Spell any further. Anyone of us could’ve done the same thing, we learn from our mistakes and others and we become stronger. Trust me others have learned from my mistakes, I’m not perfect.
Old 04-21-2020, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
There's a problem with the charge...there was no assault. He didn't assault anyone with a deadly weapon. Any decent lawyer will either get the charge reduced or completely dropped. The bus was several feet from the protester when it stopped.

I believe the actual charge is "attempted" assault. Even so, there was no attempt. The charges are overblown.

Charge him with reckless driving or something similar, but attempted or assault with a deadly weapon is absurd.
Sorry, a vehicle is a deadly weapon. Everywhere, every state, even in EBR parish

On behalf of the neighbors I thank law enforcement for removing a menace to the community and I hope in this case the cellmate is a large bull with the same regard for others as he has. Such a situation would be justice served at its finest.

Needs a new lawyer tho. A family court lawyer won’t get it done here plus the family court lawyer appears to be gasping for air across town. Cant make this stuff up LOL

Last edited by Walks_in_islam; 04-21-2020 at 06:33 PM.