Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-25-2014, 02:58 PM
friendly to the sinners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIiU6ht1fFs
There you go.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

Re: Bott '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIiU6ht1fFs
Well. You know, I used to love hearing Jeff Arnold preach. The first message I heard him preach was through a VHS video at my church school Bible class, "Miracle Looking for a Vessel." Even in the 90s when I attended BOTT I liked hearing him preach.

Now I see this and have heard some other things he's said while preaching, and I just shake my head. I think sometimes he says things to get a reaction. This clip here was nothing more than him fishing for a reaction. His arrogance in that clip is unbecoming a minister and just plain ungodly.

There wasn't any anointing in that mess. IMO, he shouldn't be asked to speak at the next BOTT.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered Member

I'm surprised I haven't seen many tweets about this. There are tons of JA quotes being tweeted, but not much at all about this.

"Stan Gleason is a man of integrity and wisdom. And I'd take a bullet for him. #notanidiot"

From TF Tenney: "You can disagree with someone without dishonoring them. 'Honor the king' 1Peter2:17. He didn't say like him or agree, but honor is a command!"

"The pulpit is the place that God speaks to us corporately. Keep it holy and without blemish."

"Jeff Arnold is the Richard Sherman of Pentecost."

"What kind of example is set to young ministers when abusive, unbiblical behavior is repeatedly honored and praised as good preaching."
Old 01-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
I'm surprised I haven't seen many tweets about this. There are tons of JA quotes being tweeted, but not much at all about this.

"Stan Gleason is a man of integrity and wisdom. And I'd take a bullet for him. #notanidiot"

From TF Tenney: "You can disagree with someone without dishonoring them. 'Honor the king' 1Peter2:17. He didn't say like him or agree, but honor is a command!"

"The pulpit is the place that God speaks to us corporately. Keep it holy and without blemish."

"Jeff Arnold is the Richard Sherman of Pentecost."

"What kind of example is set to young ministers when abusive, unbiblical behavior is repeatedly honored and praised as good preaching."
Those are all actual tweets?? LOL!!! The Richard Sherman one is the funniest. TFT's is obviously the best.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 01-25-2014, 05:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Those are all actual tweets?? LOL!!! The Richard Sherman one is the funniest. TFT's is obviously the best.
Yes, using "BOTT14" as a filter.

TFT is always great. The Richard Sherman tweet was perfect.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:49 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Well. You know, I used to love hearing Jeff Arnold preach. The first message I heard him preach was through a VHS video at my church school Bible class, "Miracle Looking for a Vessel." Even in the 90s when I attended BOTT I liked hearing him preach.

Now I see this and have heard some other things he's said while preaching, and I just shake my head. I think sometimes he says things to get a reaction. This clip here was nothing more than him fishing for a reaction. His arrogance in that clip is unbecoming a minister and just plain ungodly.

There wasn't any anointing in that mess. IMO, he shouldn't be asked to speak at the next BOTT.
Oh my gosh, I saw the title of the clip and thought, "Looks like something DA would ferret out and label." I clicked on the link and it was DA. LOL! What a bitter young man.
Old 01-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

After all these years the chickens have come home to roost. Sad.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Oh my gosh, I saw the title of the clip and thought, "Looks like something DA would ferret out and label." I clicked on the link and it was DA. LOL! What a bitter young man.
DA isn't the only one who didn't appreciate Arnold calling another minister an idiot. I'm glad he posted the clip.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
DA isn't the only one who didn't appreciate Arnold calling another minister an idiot. I'm glad he posted the clip.
I don't approve of going on-line with YouTube in that fashion. He is in a ministerial setting, let them take care of it. It isn't really any of DA's business, IMO.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I don't approve of going on-line with YouTube in that fashion. He is in a ministerial setting, let them take care of it. It isn't really any of DA's business, IMO.
It's a public conference, not a closed board meeting. If you look at the info, really anyone can go and call themselves a church worker to be able to attend, so I don't have an issue posting the clip.