Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Thus TWO Baptisms of the Spirit in reality!!!! Not two fillings but to baptisms.
But LIFE begins at CONCEPTION NOT BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Holy Ghost draws
The Holy Ghost convicts
The Holy Ghost works repentance
Baptism is an operation of the Spirit

BUT the baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by tongues is the birth of the Spirit. Sound accompanies a normal birth............. hearest the sound thereof so is EVERYONE that is born of the Spirit of God.
There are different operations of the Spirit of God. One Spirit but many different operations of the Spirit. I've posted this so many times.

I don't understand why people have such a difficult time understanding that the Spirit of God can touch an individual and indwell them before they're baptized in the Holy Ghost.

Belief and faith that results in spiritual regeneration has to precede a baptism in the Spirit.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Absolutely!

To the rest of the world we would be considered right-wing conservative freaks. That would include the majority of the posters on this forum.

I think most of us have the whole "come out from among them and be ye separate" thing down stone-cold.
I think many of us on this forum would be considered backslid or at least spiritually lukewarm by many of the old timers.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
There are different operations of the Spirit of God. I've posted this so many times. I don't understand why people have such a difficult time understanding that the Spirit of God can touch an individual and indwell them before they're baptized in the Holy Ghost.

Belief and faith that results in spiritual regeneration has to precede a baptism in the Spirit.
The indwelling part is the problem. I think a repented person is like someone who has his lunch with him but a Holy Ghost filled person has eaten his lunch.
A man might get exited because he has his lunch but nothing like having to have eaten your lunch. There is NO regeneration until the HGB only conception. Must have conception before birth.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
I am increaingly socially liberal, in ideology, as compared to the most conservative among us. But if you were to visit me and my family, you would think we were very old-fashioned by our lifestyle.

Visit this blog www.pastorposter.blogspot.com and you will see the evidence for yourself.
Little House on the Prairie Relived ... .... It's kool, PP ...
Old 02-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
I think many of us on this forum would be considered backslid or at least spiritually lukewarm by many of the old timers.
Not doubt we all would. They turned the world upside down I can't even turn myself right side up on some days.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:12 PM

Quote:
The indwelling part is the problem. I think a repented person is like someone who has his lunch with him but a Holy Ghost filled person has eaten his lunch.
A man might get exited because he has his lunch but nothing like having to have eaten your lunch. There is NO regeneration until the HGB only conception. Must have conception before birth.
One giant leap for mankind....
Old 02-25-2007, 11:15 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
T
BUT the baptism of the Holy Ghost evidenced by tongues is the birth of the Spirit. Sound accompanies a normal birth............. hearest the sound thereof so is EVERYONE that is born of the Spirit of God.
That's similar to what Bro. S.G. Norris taught at A.B.I. He taught that the HGB with tongues was the birth of the Spirit and that unless speaking with tongues (crying)
happened it was a still birth. Verses he quoted were Gal 4:6 "...God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, CRYING, Abba, Father" and Romans 8:15 "...we have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we Cry, Abba, Father."

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
That's similar to what Bro. S.G. Norris taught at A.B.I. He taught that the HGB with tongues was the birth of the Spirit and that unless speaking with tongues (crying)
happened it was a still birth. Verses he quoted were Gal 4:6 "...God hath sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, CRYING, Abba, Father" and Romans 8:15 "...we have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we Cry, Abba, Father."
Epley ... Haywood's wrong ... now Norris too????
Old 02-25-2007, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Not doubt we all would. They turned the world upside down I can't even turn myself right side up on some days.
I've been reading Charles Finney's autobiography this week so I'm kind of feeling the affects of that still.

Tell me that we have anywhere near the effect on people or spend anywhere near the amount of time in prayer and live anywhere near the sacrificial lifestyle this man did?

Old 02-25-2007, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well that certainly isn't speaking in tongues.