Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-21-2020, 12:19 PM
Solid 3 Stepper

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Somebody post the video of pastor Spell proving he's lost, please.

(But not you, MTD.)
I don’t believe anyone said he was lost but I could be wrong.
It’s one thing to get angry. One would think a high profile preacher would control his anger especially after being on national television.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
He’s a wealthy guy. Didn’t hear him say he would give. How can anyone call themself a Christian and do what he is charge with. Saw the bus and pickup video you can’t defend that.
Lets all pray and sing with Spell.
TO BE LIKE JESUS
And if he said he would give, you'd complain that he was bragging about giving. You don't know if he does or does not give.

We've ALL had times where we made a bad decision, even you. I know I've had several. Don't sit on your high horse beating on the preacher when you've made bad decisions as well.

I don't defend the bus or truck incident. It was unbecoming a minister of the gospel. But I believe the charges are overblown. The bus didn't come close to the protester. The guy didn't even move, so I don't believe he felt in danger.

Yes, let's pray for Rev. Spell. As much as I have disagreed with him, I can feel for him being under intense stress and pressure.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
What stupid thing did he do?
He put a bus in reverse and sped backwards towards a protester he was annoyed with.

That was stupid.

The charges are overblown, but it was a stupid thing to do.
Old 04-21-2020, 12:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
I don’t believe anyone said he was lost but I could be wrong.
It’s one thing to get angry. One would think a high profile preacher would control his anger especially after being on national television.
"How could anyone call themself a Christian and do what he is charged with?"

This implies no genuine Christian can do what he is charged with. None but genuine Christians are saved. Therefore you implied by necessity he is not a genuine Christian, and therefore lost.

You could have just posted a link to the video.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-21-2020, 01:30 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
Yet people who had faith in God are still getting Covid and dying
Job had faith in God, and yet he lost his livelihood, all his children and finally his health. His wife told him to curse God and die, while his friends all shunned him.

Having faith in God doesn't mean we won't face adversity or even death, it just means we trust that God is in control. Always.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 04-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
He’s a wealthy guy. Didn’t hear him say he would give. How can anyone call themself a Christian and do what he is charge with. Saw the bus and pickup video you can’t defend that.
TO BE LIKE JESUS
Maybe I’m missing something... you didn’t hear him say he would give???!!!
Old 04-21-2020, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
Job had faith in God, and yet he lost his livelihood, all his children and finally his health. His wife told him to curse God and die, while his friends all shunned him.

Having faith in God doesn't mean we won't face adversity or even death, it just means we trust that God is in control. Always.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
TO BE LIKE JESUS
That could’ve happened to anyone of us. Everyone of us have lost our cool at one point in our life.

I didn’t realize the driver of the truck is a member of the church. Hopefully the media he used to promote what he was trying to promote, isn’t going to turn and now rend him nationally. Just heard his charges on FOX news radio, thats just sad. He is in my prayer
Old 04-21-2020, 02:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
He put a bus in reverse and sped backwards towards a protester he was annoyed with.

That was stupid.

The charges are overblown, but it was a stupid thing to do.
The charges I don’t believe are overblown. If he didn't step on those brakes in time, he could’ve hit the guy or worse killed him. And now that other driver was part of his church, now it seems like they coordinated together.
Old 04-21-2020, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
The charges I don’t believe are overblown. If he didn't step on those brakes in time, he could’ve hit the guy or worse killed him. And now that other driver was part of his church, now it seems like they coordinated together.
The charges are overblown .... yes you correct with all the other statements but you can’t charge him with aggravated assault when there is no way to know his motive. It’s not like the guy had to jump out of the way. Again I’m not defending what he did. It was wrong and dangerous but you can’t get him for the charges he is facing. It’s obvious they were looking for away to get him and he stepped right into this one.