Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:52 PM
Don't ask.

Re: No respecter of persons?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Hmm, Augustine mangled it, possibly a model, as he denied the fall/redemption theory he created should be doctrine...

Constantine mangled it, as prophesied "you think to change times, and days."

Obv you are aware of at least one preacher who mangled it...

the Bible warns us that "Kenites became scribes..."

One cannot be lied to when they know a single, unalterable truth; but getting there is usually painful. You are going to have to die, in a sense. "Change your mind" is how it is put, inadequately I think, for today's idiom.
Nah. I'll pass.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Banned

Re: Timmy Talk

(ponders the relation of die and pass...)
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
(ponders the relation of die and pass...)

Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-13-2012, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
What's incorrect?
Quote:
So, anyway, you're right, of course. God plays favorites. Always has, and even today, only a select few (keyword: "select" ) find the way to salvation. It's the ones God chooses, according to some scriptures (which I'm too lazy to find, right now ).

For the most part, people born in the "wrong" part of the world and/or the wrong time in history are 100% not selected for salvation. It's not 100% saved, though, even in the "right" place and time. I mean, look at me!

Anybody think this is weird?
God does not do the "selecting" as this would imply. The souls have selected themselves. God chose them because of their decision to stand in the first earth age, "knows" them a la Esau for the same reason, and still only chooses those who stand now, disregarding completely any past knowing--Esau was free to respect his birthright in this age, and thus redeem himself, had he "chosen." His whiny little fit later confirms this, that he had no one but himself to blame. He thought he could lie to Jacob, and then deny it later.

God does not play favorites, and never has. Anyone who chooses life is respected by God, regardless of their station. Your second paragraph really has no basis in reality, and prolly more closely mirrors the exact opposite. What is "the right place and time?" pray tell.

Last edited by bbyrd009; 02-13-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope.
Well, then, what am I telling you? If you are free indeed, of this Christian pseudo-bondage, as I believe that you are, why not joyfully expound the truth to your fellow Christians...like...I do...ok, nevermind.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Banned

But after sleeping on this, I gotta say that we aren't meant to speak our truth to the saved (posting on a forum), but to demonstrate it in our dealing with the lost. There is a sense in which I cannot serve the Kingdom while I am posting this message, and I am not looking for any affirmations when I come here to post, as I have already received the affirmation beforehand.

I don't care if it is universally condemned, my post. If it was a truth, I trust that it was meant for an ear, one that most likely will not post a reply. If a reply is posted, I trust that it is genuine, even if it would seem to refute my post. I even prefer this, as it may either illuminate my truth, or point out its weaknesses for all to see. If it was a lie, it won't stand anyway.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:50 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Well, then, what am I telling you? If you are free indeed, of this Christian pseudo-bondage, as I believe that you are, why not joyfully expound the truth to your fellow Christians...like...I do...ok, nevermind.
Do you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God?

Do you believe it is infallible?

Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do you believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God?

Do you believe it is infallible?
Yes, I believe the manuscripts are inspired. I also believe what the Bible says about itself, that people allow Kenites to translate the MSS into your "Bible," and God won't interfere in this or any other free will.

If I may, you are basically asking me if God has inspired Easter over Passover, since it's right there in the hallowed KJV. Your Bible is a Kenite translation of inspired MSS, and the Bible will attest to this.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Yes, I believe the manuscripts are inspired. I also believe what the Bible says about itself, that people allow Kenites to translate the MSS into your "Bible," and God won't interfere in this or any other free will.

If I may, you are basically asking me if God has inspired Easter over Passover, since it's right there in the hallowed KJV. Your Bible is a Kenite translation of inspired MSS, and the Bible will attest to this.
Do you read the MSS? The originals?

Why am I not surprised?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Do you read the MSS? The originals?
By proxy, yes. Luckily for most Scripture it isn't necessary, and the mis-translations are well known. "Lexicon" will get one anywhere that multiple translations will not; all you are missing in lexicon is the word breaks. It becomes irrelevant, imo, if your interpretation is whacked anyway. People get "Rapture" from the Bible, I just read "Michael" talking about zillions of years of torturous damnation, et al--none of this is in Scripture, or in inspiration from God.