Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

View Poll Results: What Type Church Do You Attend
UPC 48 52.75%
Apostolic Church - Teaching Acts 2:38 (non UPC) 22 24.18%
Non Denomination 10 10.99%
I am between churches at this time 1 1.10%
Cell Group - House Church 3 3.30%
I do not attend church 3 3.30%
Other Denomination 4 4.40%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheltiedad View Post
I knew someone was gonna say that! I live here:

http://www.thewoodlands.com/

I can ride my bike to dinner or to the grocery store and I work from home so I can watch the squirrels and birds all day long.
Isn't the Woodlands out near Spring? I had relatives that lived in Spring back in the 1970's and it seems like I remember the Woodlands being a new development not far away back then.

As I recall lots of trees, etc.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Paths View Post
Fire Baptized, No Britches On The Women,Tongue Talking, No Beards, Holiness, Communion Taking, Foot Washing, No TV Watching, Tithe Paying, No HELLYWood Movies (VCR, DVD or Theater), Offering Giving, Long Sleeves Wearing, No Wedding Rings, One Wife/Husband, Pastor Oversees The Finances, Oneness, Apostolic, Pentecostal Church

awful lot of emphasis put on things that should take care of themselves if say folks were full of the Holy Ghost and had a daily relationship with Jesus...

90% of the "list" would just take care of itself.

IMO, if you have to "preach" certian outward standards, as fire and brimstone issues, then the heart issues are out of whack

why do we waste so much time on the outward when the inside is empty? Folks dont have a clue what it really means to live for God

IMO
Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
We attend a UPC church.........and have since the late fifties. Although there have been ups and downs, can honestly say we've had no reason to change. I still think it's the best!
How do you know if you have not tried options?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Sheltiedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
I have heard people say things that are not in the Bible all the time. Some things are very minor and some things are major. Are you being nitpicky or are you talking about major salvational issues? Because it's rare to find a preacher that sticks to the scriptures completely and doesn't add or take away a little here and there especially if they are relating something by memory instead of turning to and reading the passage.

Then there are different interpretations. There is an active thread on the GNC right now "Jesus is God?". Many different views on that one statement.

So what are the complicated things people say that keep you out of church?
I already wrote one long post today, what do you want from me? You're asking me to write something where every single bullet point would have to turn into its own topic. lol.

I do better at long posts in the mornings, but my post would probably generate more "attack on pentecost" type of threads so I am not sure if I should do it at all.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:47 AM
Sheltiedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Isn't the Woodlands out near Spring? I had relatives that lived in Spring back in the 1970's and it seems like I remember the Woodlands being a new development not far away back then.

As I recall lots of trees, etc.
Yeah, it is now about 30 years old and we are in the older area close to the front (closer to I45). We moved from one of those cookie-cutter subdivisions with no trees to this, and we were about ready to leave Texas all together! We've been here over a year now in the new house and are so happy! I love this life... (maybe too much. lol)
Old 06-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I already wrote one long post today, what do you want from me! You're asking me to write something where every single bullet point would have to turn into its own topic. lol.

I do better at long posts in the mornings, but my post would probably generate more "attack on pentecost" type of threads so I am not sure if I should do it at all.
You catalyst you!!!
Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break into pieces. | Etienne de la Boetie

My Site
Old 06-13-2007, 11:57 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

I attend Non Affliated UPC ,I am not a member of the UPCI myself ,I have no other oneness church to attend ,I can't go to a Trinity church.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
How do you know if you have not tried options?

Bro Eckstadt, believe me, I'm well aware of what's 'out there'.

I've learned a lot just by reading this forum. lol

There is a saying....'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. If it (UPC) ever completely breaks, I suppose we will need to look at other options. But we will need to make sure we're not the ones that are 'breaking'.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
Bro Eckstadt, believe me, I'm well aware of what's 'out there'.

I've learned a lot just by reading this forum. lol

There is a saying....'if it ain't broke, don't fix it'. If it (UPC) ever completely breaks, I suppose we will need to look at other options. But we will need to make sure we're not the ones that are 'breaking'.
If you like the UPC you really ought to try the Greek Orthodox Church.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it is now about 30 years old and we are in the older area close to the front (closer to I45). We moved from one of those cookie-cutter subdivisions with no trees to this, and we were about ready to leave Texas all together! We've been here over a year now in the new house and are so happy! I love this life... (maybe too much. lol)
Have you visited Jabo Green's church in Spring or the Grace Church in Humble ... Sheltie?