Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mixed Race Marriage In The U.S. Climbs To New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Yeah, I know what you're thinking.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Registered Member

Curious....what IS Timmy thinking?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 AM
Registered Member

NOt even Timmy has attempted to play devils advocate and support the idea that marriage across nationalities should be banned.

And Timmy ALWAYS plays devils advocate.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
It's sad we're still having this discussion.
espeically when its 2013~and really, no matter they year, date or time, people should be free to love who they want (IN THE BOUNDRIES OF WHAT GOD intended....between a man and a woman)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love is color blind~No debates on that~
Old 02-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Registered Member

I was raised in the south and I remember hearing stories when i was a kid about the bible saying that black people were the curse oh HAM in the bible. And I was also told that God seperated the continents and races because he did not want mixed races. But as I have grown up do you see how that was planted in my head as a baby mostly until i was 18 i heard it in church and by my parents. I have not studied that and recently read where the world was all one piece of land many years ago. But i don't know that to be the truth because some say PANGAEA was 6000 years ago and some say 200 million years ago. But however my point is that in a lot of Churches we were taught things that were not true and we believed our pastors and our parents growing up without checking out the facts. I am now researching this. But I love all People. I watched the HELP and that made me cry i don't care what color your skin is no Human should be a slave to no other man. But I also have to say that I do know that I grew up thinking the white man bought the slaves and made them slaves very true but the BLACK man sold his own people. We never hear that part and when the race issue is brought up you have to be very careful not to say things you have heard and then repeat unless you know for a FACT. You can hurt and damage people. I watched a Black man and his white wife and their 3 kids all the whole family were all beautiful people i mean like Cover of a Magizine type Good looks and beautiful skin and in my mom's church they came and they were so sweet and kind and not one person would shake their hands and they passed them up for about 3 months no one would talk to them and finally those people left. How sick I got and I was just visiting and i sat and i watched on the back row they sat 1 row up and this was in the area of 2008-2010 in the south of course. But Color of SKIN means nothing to me. It took me until I saw the movie THE HELP to see how hurt those people were. But i also know that they cannot go around blaming the Newer Generations for their Grandparents being slaves, i see alot of that going on in the work place and on TV. The New Generations of Whites has to still pay the price for what our grandparents did to their grandparents and that is not right. Anthony Mangun touched on that Subject in one of his messages. You guys on this forum some of you can be down right hurtful and mean all for the sake of YOUR TRUTH and you call people names on here and are rude and you are talking about people and JUDGING BIG TIME........Why don't you OFFER A PRAYER WITH YOUR POST if you do have something NEGATIVE TO SAY about someone when they are not what you think they should be............Humans are FREE to live as they wish in this country and it's time we stop shoving our personal Religious Thoughts down peoples throats and start LOVING, Where is the LOVE in todays society and todays church???? Racist are not born, yet humans are born into families that teach their kids to be racist thus those people become racists. No ONE IS born anything, its a condition brought on by society. No one is born a thief either.