Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Re: Apostolic Identity??

I think Apostolic Identity should be if we are followers of the Apostle's teaching's. Or as Paul so aptly put it, follow me as I follow Christ.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by notofworks View Post
I'm sorry, but when a significant group of people are claiming that it's their way or no way, that everyone else in the theological world is wrong, when NA Urshan found it impossible to call Walter Martin a "Brother" when Martin had no problem calling Urshan a brother, then it looks like "spewing." Sorry, but it's the truth.

There's no hostility here, just an honest evaluation of what it really is.

And by the way, it appears as though you're new here at AFF and I, for one, just want to say that I'm glad you're here!
Didn't Martin say towards the end of that debate though that if Urshan denied the Trinity that he was not his brother in Christ? Maybe I need to rewatch it, but I remember being a bit irritated at that part, seemed like they were both doing the same thing.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
I think Apostolic Identity should be if we are followers of the Apostle's teaching's. Or as Paul so aptly put it, follow me as I follow Christ.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 10-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

I think the whole idea is stupid,just look at your examples in the bible..Everyone dressed the same..I mean Peter did not look any diffrent then the others in the crowd,Jesus even wore the same thing..But if you want to dress just so you can be identified with a particular church organization feel free to..But when I ask you why you do it,don't try to throw some piece of scripture out..
Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Forever Loved Admin

My mom was Oneness and her best friend was an AOG. They fellow shipped greatly together. They did not agree on Baptism or the Godhead, but agreed on everything else. And they most definitely loved each other. My mom worked at Jack Coe's school in Dallas. She was a very strict Oneness, but got along great with AOG people. As a matter of fact her friend started home schooling, and I attended there for a short while.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 10-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami View Post
Didn't Martin say towards the end of that debate though that if Urshan denied the Trinity that he was not his brother in Christ? Maybe I need to rewatch it, but I remember being a bit irritated at that part, seemed like they were both doing the same thing.

I must admit I didn't watch the entire thing. My attention span didn't survive. But I know that in that setting, Martin called Urshan his brother and he knew going in what Urshan's theological views were.

I'm guessing that he may have been saying that if Urshan denied the existence...at all....of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, he wouldn't consider him a brother.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post

Where did he say that, exactly?
Old 10-26-2010, 01:13 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami View Post
I don't recall Martin calling Urshan or any Oneness person a brother in Christ. In fact he says we are a non-Christian cult

Here is the irony.
Trinitarians claim Oneness is a cult, because according to Oneness everyone else is not saved (not all OPs say that)

But according to Trinitarians everyone else is not saved (not all Trinitarians say that).

Yes I have had many trinitarians say I am not a brother in Christ and that OPs are not saved let alone Christian.

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I tried to become DB's friend on FB. He has too many friends.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Ravaged by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
I don't recall Martin calling Urshan or any Oneness person a brother in Christ. In fact he says we are a non-Christian cult

Here is the irony.
Trinitarians claim Oneness is a cult, because according to Oneness everyone else is not saved (not all OPs say that)

But according to Trinitarians everyone else is not saved (not all Trinitarians say that).

Yes I have had many trinitarians say I am not a brother in Christ and that OPs are not saved let alone Christian.

I'll go look for it again, but it seems he challenged Urshan to call him a brother in Christ and Urshan wouldn't do it, and during the challenge, he said, "I'll call you that, but can you do the same?" or something to that effect. It would be kind of a stupid point to challenge a person to call you a brother if you couldn't do the same to them. One would only be pointing out his own exclusivity.