Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

Re: Mixed Race Marriage In The U.S. Climbs To New

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
we should outlaw racists and mix breed them out of existence.
AMEN!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
*• ¸.•*☆ *♥ ☯♪♥ N ҉ A ҉ M ҉ A ҉ S ҉ T ҉ E ♥♪☯
✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿✿°`'•.¸¸*°✿
Old 01-10-2013, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Considering that this is a pathetic endeavor for our attention, I do not comprehend why we have deigned to respond to your overtly racist bigotry instead of relegating it and you to the appropriate level of irrelevance that you justly deserve.

This thread is both ill conceived and ill mannered. The simple fact is that you are ignorant of your history. Most Americans have mixed ancestry because so many 'white' men took wives of the people who were already here. There are only a few isolated places in the United States where you might find people who are of pure blood of any given type (not even then would I be placing bets).

Lastly, as an individual who many relatives from other 'races', I take severe issue with your attitude.

I have gone back over your posts, and I find that you are a vocal racist. Nearly half of your posts are either blatantly racist or have a context that implies racism. I find you attitude repulsive and abhorrent. Study what the Bible actually has to say about race and racism. Start in Numbers 12 and see how many 'mixed race' marriages actually occurred.

I would like to issue a call to the Admin to delete this thread entirely.
Thank you! I wished he would be banned from this forum! His posts are as pathetic as his veiws!

May the sun bring you new energy by day, the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently through the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life~
(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
Old 01-10-2013, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
Oh! No, I don't believe it should be outlawed. I just see it as the same as marrying into a different religion; you are coming from different premises, a different culture, and marriage is already hard enough.

I find women of other races quite attractive--but I understand what part of me that is engaging...

However, a woman of another race, that has been raised American (poor girl), and is now of the same culture I am, I think most of the "obstacles" here have been removed?
Well... Let's apply this logic to men and women. They are very different! Thankfully... LOL! Hmmm... Maybe I could write a book and call it "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" or "The Five Love Languages". Oh wait! Someone has already done this! Here is a product description of the five love languages:

Product Description
Marriages may be made in heaven, but they must be nurtured here on earth. In this new paperback edition of Dr. Gary Chapman's bestselling book, The Five Love Languages, he explains how people communicate love in different ways, and shares the wonderful things that happen when men and women learn to speak each other's language. Chapters are categorized by love language and each one ends with simple steps to express a specific language to your spouse and guide your marriage in the right direction.

Wow! Talk about a cultural difference! Men and women don't even speak the same language! So where would you expect us to find a mate that has an absence of cultural differences? Men & men? Women & women?

Sorry friend you are way off here...
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

I just came from a vacation in the South and visited a plantation and saw some civil war stuff. I sure am glad things have changed. Why in the world would ANYONE want interracial marriage outlawed?? Let people make their own choices.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Amen. The cultural arguement may very well be valid in some cases, but it's not a race question. My wife and I are primarily white, but we are from very different Christian cultures. That is no small thing to overcome, but even that can happen with the Lord.
I don't see it as very different, but that is my perspective seeing as I was raised Catholic and then became Pentecostal. Now those two are very different.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
I just came from a vacation in the South and visited a plantation and saw some civil war stuff. I sure am glad things have changed. Why in the world would ANYONE want interracial marriage outlawed?? Let people make their own choices.

(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
Old 01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Holiness Is Still Right.

It's sad we're still having this discussion.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

Well, actually most people around the country would be surprised to see many interracial couples in the south.

I see the very old (70s) to the very young (teens) dating and marrying.

Live and let live. Let people be and love whom they want.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post
Well, actually most people around the country would be surprised to see many interracial couples in the south.

Amen....and as Trialedbyfire said...why are "we" still having this converstation??? Maybe for the BACKWARDS THINKING IMPAIRED ~

(¯`•´¯) ★.¸¸.•*♥
Old 01-11-2013, 03:42 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouReady? View Post

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?