Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:31 AM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Today's Business meeting & secret closed sessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
How come the ads are always so much louder?
What?
Old 10-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
I know I am getting old when I don't recognize but one or two names out of that entire list of UPCI officials.
I was just thinking the same thing, CC. Maybe it's time to go talk to the local mortician about pre-planning our funerals, eh? I'm feeling pretty old right about now
Old 10-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
Well, there are several people in our New Testament named Jesus
and some say we should be baptized in their name.
Wow.

Simple and thought provoking.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
I was just thinking the same thing, CC. Maybe it's time to go talk to the local mortician about pre-planning our funerals, eh? I'm feeling pretty old right about now
LOL!!!
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"