Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Follower of Jesus

Re: Demon Possession/Opression

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefaith2 View Post
Bro. Bustard, is he related to Morton?

Do you think if flesh related that the problem can be resolved by cutting off anything that would produce the temptation?
Morton's Brother I believe.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefaith2 View Post
Bro. Bustard, is he related to Morton?
Yes, Morton's oldest brother, passed away 6 years ago.

Quote:
Do you think if flesh related that the problem can be resolved by cutting off anything that would produce the temptation?
Yes, I think so. But the soul has to be dealt with through teaching and disciple as well. One must stay prayed-up! All sins are flesh related, though. And no spirit can work with anybody without that person FIRST having a fully fleshly problem. But if a spirit is INSIDE due to profuse indulgence in that fleshly problem, it has to be cast out, plainly and simply. Just cutting off the temptation does not remove the spirit.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 03-25-2011, 12:49 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Your post is possessed by the spirit of áccuté áccénts.
I already explained that. lol
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
Lást yéar suff was spewing out of a guy that has been a tongue talker for 11 years. Well, maybe his tongues were fake???
Tongue talking is not a sign of Christianity in every case. I have seen actual devil worshippers speak in an unknown tongue. and I have been to churches and listened to people there saying the same verbal dialect. I thought it was strange since the tongues of the bible are a unknown tongue which means no one has the knowledge of it that it might be taught.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

Paul must have been possessed. He said he did things that he didn't want to do.

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
Old 03-25-2011, 12:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Mike. I'm from the old school of pentecost and I have seen this practice of over zealous preachers casting out demonic spirits and I have heard this argument hundreds of times and each time the ministers are truly trying to convince people that Christians can have these spirits living inside of a certain area of their being. If fact there are those that state when a christian goes back into the world or starts to allow certain sins into his life that the Holy Ghost leaves him. I have been there first hand and I know what the problem is, disobedience compelled with suggestive ideas from the devil. Sorry I don't buy it.
I can't believe that real estate purchased by Jesus from the permission of the previous owner for the purpose that Jesus wants to live there. After he has entered that house would for a moment allow the devil to move in and stay in one of the rooms. And that Jesus now needs a preacher who ever, to come along and cast this devil out of the house that Jesus bought. And especially a house where the inner spirit of it has been changed also.
The devil affects the thinking patterns of believers and believers can become addicted to a lot of things which are bondage and need deliverance from that bondage but I don't think the demon being cast out is the issue I think it's a matter of repenting and allowing the power of the Holy Ghost to swept over their soul and mind.
I also think some of this demonic casting out of spirits sometimes is a malpractice in certain areas.
It is not that Jesus allows a spirit to enter, but the PERSON dictates for their own lives what and what not will enter. I wish you were present when we dealt with people,. since it would remove all doubts, I believe.

It is not as though JESUS NEEDS a preacher to cast out the devil. The Holy Ghost is easily intreated and easily turned off. It does not leave us like people think. Jesus bought the house, but he never usurped control over us as though He possesses us. Jesus does not possess, but fills. He does not push us, but leads us. He leaves it up to us for how far we will go with Him or not go. He is no dictator.

I've seen people get the Holy Ghost and ten minutes later the devils started coming out of them without anybody praying for them, since they let the Spirit of God do all the work willingly and freely. UPC missionary Wynn Drost saw this happen many times,people witnessed.

Usually those who never engaged in actual deliverances of any kind have all the theories, but those actively involved in casting out devils seem to come to the same conclusions.

There is a lot of fakes out there, for sure. But I know it's real. I saw too much of it to deny it. Just as I already spoke in tongues and no one can tell me it's not for us, I saw and administered too much deliverance to Christians to say it cannot happen.

Give Chester Wright a call and ask him about it..

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."

Last edited by mfblume; 03-25-2011 at 12:56 PM.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
I already explained that. lol
Yes, but, lean not on your own understanding.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
Paul must have been possessed. He said he did things that he didn't want to do.

"For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do."
It is not that things we do not want to do means we have a devil in us. I already stated that FLESHLY urges are the real problem. We can cast a devil out, but we cannot cast the flesh out. A person does not need a devil to not want to do things they do. But if what they hate in themselves is worsened and indulged in to certain degrees, a spirit can and will enter at such a point. But it has to be a point in which the sin is plainly far too much indulged in.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
It is not that things we do not want to do means we have a devil in us. I already stated that FLESHLY urges are the real problem. We can cast a devil out, but we cannot cast the flesh out. A person does not need a devil to not want to do things they do. But if what they hate in themselves is worsened and indulged in to certain degrees, a spirit can and will enter at such a point. But it has to be a point in which the sin is plainly far too much indulged in.
He even said is wasn't him doing those things. It was the sin that dwelled inside him, that did them. Just sayin'.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-25-2011, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
He even said is wasn't him doing those things. It was the sin that dwelled inside him, that did them. Just sayin'.
AMEN! That is usually the only problem. Not a devil at all.