Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
How much do preachers get paid?
Does it depend on which service?
Is there some fee per minute?
I hear TD Jakes brings in 30 G's .. per engagement ...
Old 03-02-2007, 09:01 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyM View Post
I wasn't aware that the preachers got paid. My understanding is it's a "privilege" to preach at GC and travel expenses are the only thing that's paid.
When I was at Youth Congress in maybe 1983 in Shreveport, LA there were maybe 500 of us in the front hallway.

One of the high weight ministers in the Org, came out and shouted there is a $5000.00 preacher preaching in there...Now get in there or go home...
Old 03-02-2007, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
When I was at Youth Congress in maybe 1983 in Shreveport, LA there were maybe 500 of us in the front hallway.

One of the high weight ministers in the Org, came out and shouted there is a $5000.00 preacher preaching in there...Now get in there or go home...
RevDWW holds up sign stating "Will preach for food" ..........
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 03-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Fonix

I myself being a musician and I played at a large conference the UPCI had for several yrs in a row. One of the first yrs I played my phone rang and it was a lady from Headquarters who asked me If I needed a musicians room to stay in. I said no I already had a room. I had no idea that they actually pay for the rooms of all the musicians too for this function.

After the function everyone involved on the platform was invited to a rather large feed at headquarters hotel.I went that first yr but never went back. I guess I was dumb to al the things that actually go on.

I know we should treat our ministers great and I wouldnt have it any other way but wouldnt it be better to cut down on these kinds of non essential expenses. Please dont let what Im saying be misunderstood.
Old 03-03-2007, 05:58 AM
delete account

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix View Post
I myself being a musician and I played at a large conference the UPCI had for several yrs in a row. One of the first yrs I played my phone rang and it was a lady from Headquarters who asked me If I needed a musicians room to stay in. I said no I already had a room. I had no idea that they actually pay for the rooms of all the musicians too for this function.

After the function everyone involved on the platform was invited to a rather large feed at headquarters hotel.I went that first yr but never went back. I guess I was dumb to al the things that actually go on.

I know we should treat our ministers great and I wouldnt have it any other way but wouldnt it be better to cut down on these kinds of non essential expenses. Please dont let what Im saying be misunderstood.
Fonix,

There are many such things that happen in our ranks but if you don't keep the family [UPCI family] secrets then you will be branded as one who does not honor or respect our leaders...this is why dysfunctions continue...we keep the secrets. The secrets have power and control.

You are right by the way...there are many ways they could keep the expenses down.

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 03-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonix View Post

This may not be as fun as a massive conspiracy of secrets, but here's a thought to consider.

If you bring a "large conference" to a convention center, how many complimentary rooms will the hotels provide?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:46 AM
Fonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVIN View Post
This may not be as fun as a massive conspiracy of secrets, but here's a thought to consider.

If you bring a "large conference" to a convention center, how many complimentary rooms will the hotels provide?

Good Question Alvin..That may have been the case. All I know is those rooms are provided to those who participate
Old 03-03-2007, 06:55 AM
Fonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Fonix,

There are many such things that happen in our ranks but if you don't keep the family [UPCI family] secrets then you will be branded as one who does not honor or respect our leaders...this is why dysfunctions continue...we keep the secrets. The secrets have power and control.

You are right by the way...there are many ways they could keep the expenses down.

Blessings, Rhoni

OPPS Bad me Bad Me........Promises to keep family secrets. (Crosses fingers behind back).. I dont want to be kicked out of the family
Old 03-03-2007, 06:56 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALVIN View Post

This is very true! But......if the GC were to be held in St. Louis each year, the complimentary rooms could be given to missionarys, etc.

Or.......the rooms could be given away as prizes to the largest donors to the General Conference fund! ($5,000+)
Old 03-03-2007, 07:06 AM
Fonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
This is very true! But......if the GC were to be held in St. Louis each year, the complimentary rooms could be given to missionarys, etc.

Or.......the rooms could be given away as prizes to the largest donors to the General Conference fund! ($5,000+)
Pianoman.. That is a good idea to help our missionaries as they have a great burden deputizing.

If I remember right they also pay for every general board members room in every state if they so chose to come