Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-24-2020, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Re: Covenant Apostolic Congrgations Intl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I guess I should have been more specific. Please quote scripture about tithing to a pastor or preacher. I thought it was understood that tithing was the subject.

Anyway . . .
Do you abide in someone else’ home?

Does this describe your ministry?

Is your “tithe” eat and drink?

Just post a scripture that says the pastor is entitled to tithing. That’s all I’m asking. If you can’t, just confess that you can’t support the doctrine with scripture. Even EB, who loves to pretend otherwise, will admit he doesn’t believe in the tithe doctrine. But he does believe in giving.

You are making a lot of false accusations. Just focus on the scripture. If you don’t have scripture maybe you should wonder why you don’t have scripture.

God bless you my brother whom I love enough to point out the truth. Because a lot of people won’t tell you.

I have a question for your consideration . . .

Will a preacher or pastor that lies about tithing and never repents, go to heaven?

How about one who covets?

Or one who steals?

Or one who extorts tithes from the membership at the threat of their very salvation?

1Cor.6

[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Do preachers get a pass?

Think about it.

And notice I quoted scripture that is relevant.
Not false accusations, I’ll stand by what I posted.

You seem to be caught on one word. You don’t care about the fact that the ministers God sent were to stay in their home, and those men were now dependent on their generosity. What does your generosity look like? What does giving mean to you? You spend a lot of time on this doctrine of yours, yet you have not been specific enough to answer what giving is? Do you have a guideline to give, do you give as the Lord has blessed? Do you give on a whim. We went over this issue again and again. And you still bring it up every chance you get.

Your like people I know that don’t believe in the Holy Ghost speaking with tongues, because Jesus never did it. You look for the exact phrase “all tithe belongs to the 5 fold ministry”. And because it’s not in there you’ll condemn a pastor that that preaches it. If a Pastor is going to hell for preaching about tithe the that means a Pastor is going to hell for preaching against:

TV
Smoking
Drinking
Women wearing pants
Slits
Wedding rings
Going into bars
Swearing

I can go on, the Bible never says specifically thou shalt not. So according to you it must mean it’s ok.

I said before and I’ll say it again, tithe means 1/10, go from there.

People will use their Pastor like the Bible describes, both in the New and Old Testament. They’ll call them all hours of the night, they’ll go to them for counseling, they’ll ask for prayer, the weight of the church is on the Pastors shoulders. They expect a pastor to fulfill his duty as a minister and if he doesn’t, they’ll be chatter within the church. Yet, the moment he talks about tithe or giving he’s an extortioner, a liar, takes advantage of widows.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
My stand against tithing isnt one out of stinginess. Its exactly the opposite. By making an unscriptural demand of 10% pastors and leaders rob their people of giving freely and liberally without compulsion and coercion. Theres a big difference in being threatened and managed into doing something vs the spirit that swept through the early church that led them to sell all their goods and lay the money at the feet of the apostles.

Malachi 3:8 was a declaration against the Levites who were misusing what had been given to them by the people and in doing so brought a curse upon the whole house of Israel.

The scripture is continually taken out of context to beat the giver into obedience instead of being a reminder to the receivers that what they do with what is given matters...but of course thats all brushed away with mutterings and blusterings of its theirs to do with what they wish and its just the laities duty to obediently give.

Be careful that the amount and the percentage doesnt take presidence over the spirit and attitude its to be movitivated by which is to never be forced.

There is no virtue or holiness taking part in forced redistribution of someone's resources while holding their salvation as collateral.
When people ask me about giving I’ll tell them to give from their heart. If they desire more I’ll tell them to use a 1/10 as a guideline.

Yet, I believe a minister should receive pay from the congregation.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:40 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
When people ask me about giving I’ll tell them to give from their heart. If they desire more I’ll tell them to use a 1/10 as a guideline.

Yet, I believe a minister should receive pay from the congregation.

Do you preach Malachi in context? If not, you arent telling them to give from their heart.
Old 08-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
In response to this I have only one question for you.

EB, did Jesus (the rabbi from Galilee) ever receive tithes?

Just answer yes or no.

And EB, be truthful.

Thanks.
Talkmister, did the Rabbi Jesus get support from His followers. Yes or no?
You already know the answer. But your fetish is tithing. Just like I said both side of the argument are right, yet both are wrong. Also preaching to a drunk? I thought was pretty hilarious. You must or never been drunk before or have been around many inebriated people. Anyway, your red flag is a word “tithe” The other side defends a word “tithing” But you already know that. Was Jesus supported? Clearly the answer is yes. Did the Apostle Paul teach that the ministry were to be supported by the people the taught? Absolutely. Did Paul refuse that support? Yes, because he wasn’t going to allow them to make his glorying vain. Just because they were starving out Paul and his ministerial team, and giving the support to others. Did Jesus clearly teach that when His ministers went into a house church they were to bless it with peace, and if rejected take their peace back? Knocking the dirt from their feet back at a rejecting town? Were they also to go to the house and be supplied by the people? Especially since Jesus told them to take NOTHING for their journey. Therefore making it a nessecity to be supplied by the students. Did Jesus tell Peter to QUIT his job of fishing for fish? Did Jesus tell Peter he would now be WORKING fishing for men?
Tapdancer, if preachers stopped calling it tithe? No longer 10%, but told the people to give all they have to the last mite, would you be happy? I don’t know. For someone to join a forum with Tithe in the name was looking for a fight from jump street. No, I think you found your weapon of choice. Instead of educating any minister, you rather have them twisting, while you confuse their sheep? Notice I leave that as a question and not an accusation. Because you attend a tithing church. Therefore while there you obviously aren’t throwing the place into total chaos. Myself believe non tithers were so happy when they discovered that tithing was a temple condition for temple working priesthood. Since the priesthood became extinct with their temple then tithing to the church was wrong. Yet, the church is the remnant of Israel? So the church never reinvented the wheel, so the church remnant has a supported ministry as the temple has a supported ministry. Just one was tithed to, and the other received support. Correct?
Old 08-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Do you preach Malachi in context? If not, you arent telling them to give from their heart.
I don’t use Malachi as a verse to pay a preacher 10%.
I use it as a challenge between God and man, and not just financially speaking.

Personally the home missions work I started has not received a offering this year. The saints we have are not at a position for that. The Lord sustains our need. Yet, in time I will teach about giving, and I will teach 10% as a guideline. Yet, it’s not a heaven or hell issue with me. If they give 2% that’s between them and God.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
I don’t use Malachi as a verse to pay a preacher 10%.
I use it as a challenge between God and man, and not just financially speaking.

Personally the home missions work I started has not received a offering this year. The saints we have are not at a position for that. The Lord sustains our need. Yet, in time I will teach about giving, and I will teach 10% as a guideline. Yet, it’s not a heaven or hell issue with me. If they give 2% that’s between them and God.
Bro, we DONT need to know about the giving and receiving in your church family. Especially here, where the “never pastored a day in their lives” can critique the impossible.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:38 AM
Registered Member

Must every thread be turned into a debate on tithing???

Good grief.

If you don't believe in tithing, don't tithe. If you're complaining about your Pastor taking Malachi out of context and badgering you for not paying tithes, find a different church and Pastor.

Last edited by n david; 08-24-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:43 AM
New User

This is all comical. Reminds me of the meme on Facebook. There’s a blond woman pointing at a cat. She tells him, “You said you have an international ministry and preach to the nations.”

The cat responds, “Yes, but on Facebook Live.”
Old 08-24-2020, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Here is a utube of Chris Reed preaching at True Vine Covenant Apostolics, let me know what you think.

Quite impressive IMO.
Old 08-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Must every thread be turned into a debate on tithing???

Good grief.

If you don't believe in tithing, don't tithe. If you're complaining about your Pastor taking Malachi out of context and badgering you for not paying tithes, find a different church and Pastor.

Id much rather hear your views and opinions on the videos Amanah posted.