Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Go Dodgers!

Re: Why shouldn't I vote for Obama??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
Well, I confess I am very ignorant concerning all these things...however whether he is muslim or not his parents are according to most sources and the little saying is, Blood is thicker than water...
his mother is not muslim

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well, I confess I am very ignorant concerning all these things...however whether he is muslim or not his parents are according to most sources and the little saying is, Blood is thicker than water...
Sis. Alvear...

My family is unsaved and if you knew what was in my family history would you say the same about me?

Think about it. This stuff is irrational fear because he doesn't have an English name and happens to be black. I can see disagreeing with him because of his politics...but because of his name and his skin color?

We're better than this brethren. I sincerely believe we are.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-09-2008, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

This is why nobody believes Christians. We rarely stick to the facts. LOL
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-09-2008, 11:50 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Bro Mark...you're above this kind of thing. To say you disagree with a man's politics is fair. But in all honesty bro...what you're saying about him isn't grounded in fact. It's already been solidly refuted. It was all part of an email rumor. LOL

I'll try to find the article. his father was an extreme muslim who has associations with terrorist groups. His mother bloew his cover in a radio interview.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:52 PM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Sis. Alvear...

My family is unsaved and if you knew what was in my family history would you say the same about me?

Think about it. This stuff is irrational fear because he doesn't have an English name and happens to be black. I can see disagreeing with him because of his politics...but because of his name and his skin color?

We're better than this brethren. I sincerely believe we are.
'

im going to admit, his name scares me- he has a muslim name folks hello!
his skin color doesn't. I'm white and my pastor is black.most whites can't say that cuz they would never sit under a black( and they would never admit that either)
Old 02-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Here are some links from Snopes.com, where they refute all this urban legend stuff.

Quote:
http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q...&sp-m=1&sp-s=0

1. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Who Is Barack Obama? •••
E-mail describes Illinois senator Barack Obama as a 'radical Muslim' who 'will not recite the Pledge of Allegiance.'
...Politics --> Barack Obama --> Who Is Barack Obama? Who Is Barack Obama? Claim: Illinois senator Barack Obama is a "radical Muslim" who "will not...
...heed this and pray about it and share it. Who is Barack Obama? Probable U. S. presidential candidate, Barack Hussein Obama was born in Honolulu,...
...to Barack Hussein Obama, Sr., a black MUSLIM from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and Ann Dunham, a white ATHEIST from Wichita, Kansas. Obama's parents met at the...
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:35:33 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp

2. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Barack Obama and the National Anthem •••
Barack Obama does not place his hand over his heart when the U.S. national anthem is played?
...Home --> Politics --> Barack Obama --> Hand Over Heart Hand Over Heart Claim: Photograph shows Barack Obama without his hand over his heart while...
...Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem. Barack Hussein Obama's photo...
...him that are circulating via e-mail: that he is a Muslim, that he was sworn in to Congress on the Quran, and that he refuses to say the Pledge of...
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:30:08 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

3. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Barack Obama - Trinity United Church of Christ •••
E-mail describes Illinois senator Barack Obama's church as having a racist, ;non-negotiable commitment to Africa.'
...Home --> Politics --> Barack Obama --> Holy Trinity Holy Trinity Claim: Illinois senator Barack Obama is a racist whose church has a...
...to Africa" that is covertly Muslim and excludes non-blacks. Example: [Collected via e-mail, December 2007] Obama mentioned his church during his...
...Obama's church: Please read and go to this church's website and read what is written there. It is very alarming. Barack Obama is a member of this...
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:26:38 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/church.asp

4. Urban Legends Reference Pages: Congressional Swearing-In on the Quran •••
Did a Muslim Congressman take his oath of office on the Quran instead of the Bible?
...Claim: A newly-elected Muslim Congressman took his oath of office on the Quran instead of the Bible. Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2006] A...
...friends and family. America, Not Keith Ellison, decides what book a congressman takes his oath on Keith Ellison, D-Minn., the first Muslim...
...since mistakenly become associated with Illinois Senator Barack Obama, who is not a Muslim and did not use a Quran in conjunction with a Congressional...
Sat, 09 Feb 2008 19:34:38 GMT http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/ellison.asp
While we examine this, let's keep the following in mind...

"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour." - Exodus 20:16
Old 02-09-2008, 11:54 PM
BANNED MYSELF

Check this out at wikipedia at the link below:
I did not cut and paste all of the article. To read the entire article, click on the link..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

Barack Obama
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Obama" redirects here. For other uses, see Obama (disambiguation).
Barack Obama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Junior Senator
from Illinois
Incumbent
Assumed office
January 2, 2005
Serving with Richard Durbin
Preceded by Peter Fitzgerald

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of the Illinois State Senate
from the 13th district
In office
1997 – 2004
Succeeded by Kwame Raoul

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Born August 4, 1961 (1961-08-04) (age 46)
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.
Nationality American
Political party Democratic
Spouse Michelle Obama
Alma mater Columbia University,
Harvard Law School
Religion Christian (United Church of Christ)
Signature
Barack Hussein Obama (pronounced /bəˈrɑːk huˈseɪn oʊˈbɑːmə/;[1] born August 4, 1961) is the junior United States Senator from Illinois and a leading candidate for the Democratic nomination in the 2008 presidential election.[2][3] The U.S. Senate Historical Office lists him as the fifth African American Senator in U.S. history, the third to have been popularly elected, and the only African American currently serving in the Senate.[4]

Obama was born in Honolulu to a black Kenyan father and a white American mother. He lived most of his early life in the U.S. state of Hawaii. From ages six to ten, he lived in Jakarta, Indonesia with his mother and Indonesian stepfather. A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, Obama worked as a community organizer, University of Chicago lecturer, and civil rights lawyer before running for public office and serving in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004. After an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, he announced his campaign for U.S. Senate in 2003.

The following year, while still an Illinois state legislator, Obama delivered the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.[5] He was elected to the U.S. Senate in November 2004 with 70% of the vote.[6] As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, Obama co-sponsored legislation for controlling conventional weapons and for promoting transparency in public life; in addition, he made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In the 110th, and current, Congress, he has sponsored legislation on lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel.

Since announcing his presidential campaign in February 2007, Obama has emphasized ending the Iraq War, increasing energy independence, and providing universal health care as major priorities.[7] He married in 1992 and has two daughters. He has written two bestselling books: a memoir of his youth titled Dreams from My Father, and The Audacity of Hope, a personal commentary on U.S. politics.[8]
Old 02-09-2008, 11:59 PM
Sister Alvear

his color does not scare me. I have children as black as you can get...I am like mark his name scares me...his history scares me...he is not american to the bone. have you ever been to some of these foreign countries? Never think most of them will really welcome you.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
his color does not scare me. I have children as black as you can get...I am like mark his name scares me...his history scares me...he is not american to the bone. have you ever been to some of these foreign countries? Never think most of them will really welcome you.

There you have it Chris- don't argue with that
Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

WORDS OF WISDOM !!!
Mark... I havent followed these threads too much but question.. if he beats out Billary by some odd chance and runs.. will you still vote democratic for a muslim or will you go Republican???