Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-03-2020, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Re: Needing church recommendations, Louisville KY

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
So I shouldn’t have created my thread asking about 2 churches in NW Arkansas?

There are people here from different parts of the country... or have visited all over. It is possible that someone may be familiar with a church in the area as she has described.

Just because what she described isn’t [y]our cup of tea doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t ask.., or that people should respond with snide remarks.
Just because what she described isn’t [y]our cup of tea doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t ask.., or that people should respond with snide remarks

Yes it is! You want to ask for recommendations on what church’s are the best to go to go ahead! I wouldn’t do it, but thats me. Yet, the difference is you asked and there was nothing attached to it. With this post there asking for a recommendation on a church that meets certain criteria’s.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Just because what she described isn’t [y]our cup of tea doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t ask.., or that people should respond with snide remarks

Yes it is! You want to ask for recommendations on what church’s are the best to go to go ahead! I wouldn’t do it, but thats me. Yet, the difference is you asked and there was nothing attached to it. With this post there asking for a recommendation on a church that meets certain criteria’s.
Nicodemus please move along. Your comments are not needed or useful here. Thank you and Blessings

Last edited by lily; 03-03-2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-03-2020, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
So I shouldn’t have created my thread asking about 2 churches in NW Arkansas?

There are people here from different parts of the country... or have visited all over. It is possible that someone may be familiar with a church in the area as she has described.

Just because what she described isn’t [y]our cup of tea doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t ask.., or that people should respond with snide remarks.
Thank you
Old 03-03-2020, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily View Post
Nicodemus please move along. Your comments are not needed or useful here. Thank you and Blessings
Nothing wrong with the questions and points he is bringing up.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
Nothing wrong with the questions and points he is bringing up.
I do believe I have asked more than once that people refrain from their dissensions on this thread. The only posts here should be church suggestions, as the title of the thread states. My thread isn't titled "Let's debate about church choices". It seems to be a sport for some on this forum to basically do what the Bible says not do, and that is to avoid foolish spiritual arguments and discussions. Like I said, I'm not engaging with it. There hasn't been one suggestion ironically. I'm just wanting church suggestions, nothing more nothing less. Please respect my wishes when I ask people not to use my thread. There are other threads to take it to if you have a need to pick a fight so to speak. I'm not interested in that. I stated plain and simple my intent of my thread. Thank you so much for respecting that.

If you aren't familiar with the Louisville area and have a suggestion akin to what I inquired about, please dont post here, thank you.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I do believe I have asked more than once that people refrain from their dissensions on this thread. The only posts here should be church suggestions, as the title of the thread states. My thread isn't titled "Let's debate about church choices". It seems to be a sport for some on this forum to basically do what the Bible says not do, and that is to avoid foolish spiritual arguments and discussions. Like I said, I'm not engaging with it. There hasn't been one suggestion ironically. I'm just wanting church suggestions, nothing more nothing less. Please respect my wishes when I ask people not to use my thread. There are other threads to take it to if you have a need to pick a fight so to speak. I'm not interested in that. I stated plain and simple my intent of my thread. Thank you so much for respecting that.

If you aren't familiar with the Louisville area and have a suggestion akin to what I inquired about, please dont post here, thank you.
I’m sorry but just because you start a thread doesn’t mean you get to make the rules. Maybe a public forum is not the place for you. You should have started a thread that said “ if you are familiar with Louisville are I have a question for you so please PM me”.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Anyone happen to know any good UC churches in Louisville area?
Old 03-04-2020, 03:05 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Member since 2016. First post in 2020.
I guess wasn’t looking for a church back then.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:15 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Listen, people made suggestion, and then you came back with your opinions on what is legalistic? How your old pastor was so chill, and that standards should be few. So, if you thought that everyone would of ignored the bait, and continue to post their views on what church they thought was good? You kinda leveled that playing field and cut a few of us out. Because frankly I don’t know any PAW type churches well enough to make a suggestion to you. You may of cut down the post numbers by in the title of the thread telling us, that you are looking for a PAW style church, one that doesn’t make a deal about standards. Then sit back and read all the posts with churches for you to visit.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:47 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Listen, people made suggestion, and then you came back with your opinions on what is legalistic? How your old pastor was so chill, and that standards should be few. So, if you thought that everyone would of ignored the bait, and continue to post their views on what church they thought was good? You kinda leveled that playing field and cut a few of us out. Because frankly I don’t know any PAW type churches well enough to make a suggestion to you. You may of cut down the post numbers by in the title of the thread telling us, that you are looking for a PAW style church, one that doesn’t make a deal about standards. Then sit back and read all the posts with churches for you to visit.
Ummm, no you're wrong. Read through all the comments on my thread. NOT ONE actual suggestion for a church. So no, people did not make any suggestions. Just people with too much time on their hands to waste their time posting on a thread that doesn't pertain to them because they see it as an opportunity for unnecessary jabs because it makes them feel better about themselves. This forum has hundreds of threads, and people who actually want to debate about this stuff. I have been straightforward in my inquiry. Really concerning that there are those who refuse to respect another person's wishes. Seriously, my personal spirituality and church has no personal connection to anyone's lives except my family, so the need to make unnecessary issue of it is unwarranted. Evang. Benincasa, please stop posting on this thread, I don't care for you dictating to me with a superiority complex. You have an attitude of arguing saying people have made suggestions when no one has even made one suggestion yet, just unsolicited posts like yours. You evidently enjoy this kind of thing though, so I can probably rest assured more comments even when I asked you not to. Any further commenting when I have clearly stated please do not is abusing other members. People don't need to be abusing other people on AFF, but respectful to one another. Go do something useful for God instead of succumbing to the temptation of arguing with a stranger on AFF about something that is of absolutely no consequence to you, when they are just sincerely trying to find a church. I mean, that's just kind of sad and shows someone who likes to be a bully.

If someone tells another person, hey, I need you to please stop doing that, and that person keeps doing it intentionally, that is a form of abuse and harassment. Stop.

Last edited by lily; 03-04-2020 at 06:09 AM.