Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 10-02-2010, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Re: GC Houston 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeenThinkin View Post
Oh no! no! no! ... You didn't wear the same blouse twice! You could get thrown out "of fellowship" for that, for sure!

BT
Yes, that just might do it. lol
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Mr. Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Ok, I am trying not to lose my Holy Ghost over the "Toyota" handlers!

There have people setting at the stairways and telling them they have to go back "up" the stairs to go to the bathrooms! Finally, someone came and they started letting folks go to the bathroom when you were 3 seats up from the floor.

I dread to see what will happen tomorrow for altar call if they have 100's of buses bringing unsaved folks and they are not allowed to go to the altars, because the fire marshalls have a limit of no more than 200 in the front.

I have discovered the event coordinators can't seem to count. They turn folks away before there are 200 in the front section. I think this location has given the worst treatment of any event I have been to.

I am from Houston and will say his has not been a recommended event location at Toyota Center. I think I may write to the Houston city counsel and let them know my opinion. Not that it will matter to them.

Also, the hotels close by are not keeping their resturants open for service even in the afternoon!

Found out this morning our hotel doesn't offter shuttle services on the weekend. Seems they failed to mention that at check-in time.

But I have so enjoyed being here meeting the people and selling my books and new friends!

Wish you were all here so I could meet you.

I met Tstew today. He is indeed a fine person, as I expected. I saw Phil Jones, he needs our prayers for he needs a miracle in his body.

DA I haven't seen you yet. Where are you hiding?
Esther, it was great to meet you. I look forward to reading the book. I had no idea you are an author.

Either the United States will destroy ignorance, or ignorance will destroy the United States. – W.E.B. DuBois
My Countdown Counting down to: The Apocolypse
Old 10-04-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered Member

Well...I went Friday night only. Kids under 18 were free. So my family of 4 got in for $30. The treatment from the Toyota staff was definitly different from any I ever went to in the past. They were literally forcing us to leave immediately by a certain time. Even running people out of the alter. Haven't been to one in over 5 years. Went with family this time.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstew View Post
Esther, it was great to meet you. I look forward to reading the book. I had no idea you are an author.
Tstew it was also great to meet you!

I hope you enjoy your book and can't wait to get some feedback from you on what you thought of it.

I was hoping to see your little fellow but I know how these events can be for little ones.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorDaniel View Post
Well...I went Friday night only. Kids under 18 were free. So my family of 4 got in for $30. The treatment from the Toyota staff was definitly different from any I ever went to in the past. They were literally forcing us to leave immediately by a certain time. Even running people out of the alter. Haven't been to one in over 5 years. Went with family this time.
You are right, they were asking people to leave. I have never been to an event anywhere with the kind of treatment they gave. I would not recommend the Toyato center for anything!
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Registered Member

Was there anyone on AFF that was a t the service where over 3,000 people were filled with Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues?

I am told by an extremely reliable and trustworthy source that the 3,000 is a conservative estimate.

If you were there for that service, will you please describe what you witnessed and experienced?