Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Wink Re: Superintendents...Presbyters......and ....WPF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodbought View Post
Well...., They apparently do have some sort of paper trail that includes a $60.00 @ month fee. Sounds like some sort of membership, license to me.

My opinion and $5 will get you coffee at Starbucks.
So for it is no different than having a membership to a health club (like Curves) because they do NOT issue license.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:28 AM
Draw4Tacos

Re: Superintendents...Presbyters......and ....WPF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Apprehended stated something in another thread that lends to your prediction.

He pointed out that the Tulsa 6 have created s "super voting block" within the UPCI.

I suspect the leadership of the UPCI will have to deal with that before the next GC.

This appears to me to have far reaching consequences.

It is my opinion that the "Tulsa 6" have for some time held a super voting block in the UPC. Maybe not all six, but at least the California contingent.

"...Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel..." Jesus Christ
Old 01-30-2008, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Do you know anyone personally who's been blackballed by the UPC??
Yea, Me...
Old 01-30-2008, 10:45 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

I found out what the dues are for:

To hire all of the "flip-the-page" artists they need, since they can't video their meetings!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
I found out what the dues are for:

To hire all of the "flip-the-page" artists they need, since they can't video their meetings!!!!!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:18 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
In talking with a some folks here the belief is that what the UPC Organization has in place concerning positions (Superintendent, Presbyter, Youth Positions) are not biblical offices....which is true...

It is interesting that the new WPF has set up an organization using the term Elder for it's structure...which is interesting.....because the word Elder is a Biblical Term....something like
49 Elders???

my question is "Would you have the same opinion of the WPF concerning the hierarchy and structure as you do of the UPC"?

And if you would by chance 'buck" the system there are going against your "Elders"?

Jus' Thinkin'....Don't know if this has been brought up or not.....

Just checked their Website....Maybe the 49 Elder thing has gone away...anybody know???
If the UPC organizational structure is not "biblical" and consequently "sinful" then the WPF structure is both also because it's the exact same thing, no matter what name its originators call it.

The utter muddleheadedness of the mentality: "just changing the label on it makes it right" ... is astounding.

By the same logic, the WPF crowd thinks if you call a horse a duck then that horse will grow feathers, start quacking and fly south for the winter.

But ingrown thinking such as this is the byproduct of a oneness pentecostal ministerial body that is largely uneducated and unable to think critically.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 AM
delete account

Lightbulb Re: Superintendents...Presbyters......and ....WPF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
If the UPC organizational structure is not "biblical" and consequently "sinful" then the WPF structure is both also because it's the exact same thing, no matter what name its originators call it.

The utter muddleheadedness of the mentality: "just changing the label on it makes it right" ... is astounding.

By the same logic, the WPF crowd thinks if you call a horse a duck then that horse will grow feathers, start quacking and fly south for the winter.

But ingrown thinking such as this is the byproduct of a oneness pentecostal ministerial body that is largely uneducated and unable to think critically.
Touche'