Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: The Islamic Antichrist by Joel Richardson

FWIW, here are a couple of articles "debunking" the idea of the "Muslim Antichrist:"

The first guy is rather rabid, but interesting - http://www.thepropheticyears.com/wor...ntichrist.html

This is the correct link for the article mentioned in the first article, this one by a "Dr. Reagan" who is a bit more "mainstream:" http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_islam6.php

For me, it's a lot of Huey. Dispensationalism is droll. There have always been "antichrists" in the world and there will always be at least a few around until Jesus returns. The job's pretty much open to whoever wants it. It just doesn't fit my particular skill sets.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Another sign was seen in heaven. Behold, a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his heads seven crowns.

Purple requires red. A dinosaur resembles a dragon. The evidence mounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Well that pretty much sums it up for me. And it fits the conceptions I've always felt about that purple dinosaur.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Banned

I suggest simply searching the Web and YouTube regarding the al-Mahdi and read, or watch, what Islamic sources themselves have to say about him. Then compare the prophecies to what we know Christianity teaches.

I'm not saying that this is indeed "the truth" about the final Antichrist. I'm simply saying that the comparison between the Futurist Antichrist and the Islamic al-Mahdi is interesting.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

If the Zulus rise up in world power and start popularly affecting millions and proposing religious views, someone will say the antichrist will be a Zulu!

It's a fad thing. Latest news dictates people's doctrines.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 02-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
If the Zulus rise up in world power and start popularly affecting millions and proposing religious views, someone will say the antichrist will be a Zulu!

Sad, but
Old 03-01-2011, 12:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post

False Christ's rise and fall. However, there is a true Christ. Counterfiets and cases of mistake identity do not negate what might prove to be a reality.

I think Futurists are wise to consider the possibilities as they arise. There are many antichrists..... perhaps we'll see a Zulu antichrist before the final Antichrist arrives.

Rather one believes in the Futurist paradigm regarding the final Antichrist or not.... Islam's eschatological positions are very provocative and are antithesis to the Futursist position. IF there will be a final Antichrist... I doubt he'd convert the world in a day. It stands to reason that the world we be prepared for him. Today there are nearly 1.7 billion Muslims on earth awaiting al-Mahdi. Should a man appear fitting the bill and winning over the people... he will be a force to be reckoned with. He will try to fulfill the prophecies from an Islamic perspective, i.e. what Futurists expect the final Antichrist to do... final Antichrist or not.

Current revolutions destablizing the region do cause one to pause... the people are increasingly looking for someone to change things in the Muslim world. Who knows... one might appear charismatic enough to win them over and promise that change.

Last edited by Aquila; 03-01-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Banned

A very eerie statement made by America's top-ranked military officer Army Gen. Martin Dempsey while discussing ISIS:
"This is an organization that has an apocalyptic, end-of-days strategic vision and which will eventually have to be defeated,"
I have a feeling this is only the beginning...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...in-isis-fight/
"They are beyond just a terrorist group. They marry ideology, a sophistication of ... military prowess. They are tremendously well-funded. This is beyond anything we've seen." ~ Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel
Chuck Hagel is right... we've never faced an enemy like this one.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

ISIS was a creation of Uncle Sam. We support them in Libya and Syria and oppose them in Iraq. It's a joke (with fatal consequences unfortunately).

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 09-16-2014, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
ISIS was a creation of Uncle Sam. We support them in Libya and Syria and oppose them in Iraq. It's a joke (with fatal consequences unfortunately).
Yes, we've made strategic blunders that have allowed these extremists to gain such power in the region. However, their ideology and goals have been a part of Islamic eschatology throughout Islam's history.

I have no doubt that the Beast will rise to power and establish his global empire through a series of strategic blunders made by various nations.
Old 09-16-2014, 12:03 PM
On the road less traveled

Hindsight vision is always 20/20. It is always easy to look at history and think - why didn't they do this or that, it would have been so much better. Unfortunately though, when you are in the midst of history making, you don't have that opportunity to peer into the future, although lessons certainly can be gleaned from past historical events, and applied to the current events.

I do believe that the Muslims do present the single most desperate threat to the freedoms we have today, despite whether or not they will embody the antichrist or not.

Which is why, as disciples of Christ, we must be led by the spirit, and not by the headlines. The Spirit is able to lead and guide believers if we are truly following Jesus in the midst of all this.