Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-22-2007, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutless View Post
My Lord you must have nerves of steel!!
LOL. I hear that from people all the time. But I've done this for the past 20 years. I've "raised" lots of kiddos. It's been a great ride and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I could have worked a high $$, high profile job. But this allowed me to stay home with my own two sons and always be here when they come in the door from school. And the rewards I get from listening to kids tell me after they're grown that the best years of their lives were the ones they spent here are worth everything. And best of all, there are several families who came here completely unchurched. Today they are strong, active, fine Christian families. THAT can't be bought for any price.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Ronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
I've done CPR on babies that have been killed by their parents. Leaves one mumbling for day!!!!
I'd go insane doing that job... either that or end up in jail for 'abusing' the abuser.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
I'd go insane doing that job... either that or end up in jail for 'abusing' the abuser.
Amen Ronzo! I wouldn't last one day in the ER. I be puttin a whoopin on any of these freaks if they came in.

have your pets spayed or neutered
Bob Barker
Old 02-23-2007, 08:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
I hear you on that one!

We got a call one time from DHS asking us to pick up a 4 month old baby from the hospital. He was being released into foster care along with his 3 year old sister. We were the foster parents.

the story on the 4 month old was that he had a bi-lateral skull fracture. The mother was declaring that it had happened because the 3 year old picked him up and dropped him on the floor. The doctors were all saying that it was impossible for it to have happened that way. They said the only way it could have happened was if someone had picked him up by the feet and SLAMMED him up against the wall or a table - hard!!

During the time that we had the children, I had to take them to their county for a visit with their mother. It was unbelievable. She pulled up and parked behind me. She ran to my van and reached in, grabbing the 3 year old, mushing all over her and telling her how much she'd missed her. But she wouldn't even look at the baby. I carried him into DHS and left him laying in his snowsuit in the visitation room with her and the 3 year old. When I came back an hour later, she had never taken the baby's coat off at all. Hadn't checked his diaper, fed him his bottle. NOTHING. But she SCREAMED at me that I was not going to take her kids away from her!!! I calmly assured her that I did not want her children. I was there to take care of them while she got help. Then she'd have them back (all the while hoping that no judge would ever give them back). But the judge did give them back.

I saw the mother and the baby at McDonald's 5 years later. The baby, now 5 years old, was just beginning to cruise around furniture. He was still in diapers. He wore glasses as thick as Coke bottles. He will never be "normal". The damage was too extreme.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post
I hear you on that one!

We got a call one time from DHS asking us to pick up a 4 month old baby from the hospital. He was being released into foster care along with his 3 year old sister. We were the foster parents.

the story on the 4 month old was that he had a bi-lateral skull fracture. The mother was declaring that it had happened because the 3 year old picked him up and dropped him on the floor. The doctors were all saying that it was impossible for it to have happened that way. They said the only way it could have happened was if someone had picked him up by the feet and SLAMMED him up against the wall or a table - hard!!

During the time that we had the children, I had to take them to their county for a visit with their mother. It was unbelievable. She pulled up and parked behind me. She ran to my van and reached in, grabbing the 3 year old, mushing all over her and telling her how much she'd missed her. But she wouldn't even look at the baby. I carried him into DHS and left him laying in his snowsuit in the visitation room with her and the 3 year old. When I came back an hour later, she had never taken the baby's coat off at all. Hadn't checked his diaper, fed him his bottle. NOTHING. But she SCREAMED at me that I was not going to take her kids away from her!!! I calmly assured her that I did not want her children. I was there to take care of them while she got help. Then she'd have them back (all the while hoping that no judge would ever give them back). But the judge did give them back.

I saw the mother and the baby at McDonald's 5 years later. The baby, now 5 years old, was just beginning to cruise around furniture. He was still in diapers. He wore glasses as thick as Coke bottles. He will never be "normal". The damage was too extreme.
My eyes have been opened of late to the harsh reality which is ouor judicial system. These DCFS investigators see and hear the worst of the worst only to watch judges put children right back into the same situation.

Any body know the laws of other countries concerning child abuse?

have your pets spayed or neutered
Bob Barker
Old 02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutless View Post
My eyes have been opened of late to the harsh reality which is ouor judicial system. These DCFS investigators see and hear the worst of the worst only to watch judges put children right back into the same situation.

Any body know the laws of other countries concerning child abuse?
I don't know the laws of other countries. And I don't even know if this guy was lying to us or not. But at one point we had 4 little foster children from Guatamala. They spoke almost no English. What a fun one that was!! (NOT!) They were the children of a migrant worker. This man had a daughter from his first marriage (age 7) and 3 children from a second marriage (ages 4,2 and1). The 7 year old was left with the responsibility for taking care of the 4 ,2 and 1 year olds while the parents worked in the fields every day. One day the dad came in and found that the 7 year old was out playing and not watching her siblings. So he tied her hands together and hung her by her wrists from the rafters in their shack. Then he took a belt to her bare back. That is the reason that all the children were removed from him.

When he was asked about why he would do such a thing, his reply was that he was scared for the little ones and needed to disciple the older one so she would understand how important it was to watch the babies. Then he told the judge that this is how people discipline their children all the time in his country. The judge about freaked!! He shouted at him, "That is NOT how we do it in this country!" So the man asked for them to teach him a different way to discipline. He was dead serious about it. After he got his kids back, the 7 year old stole a pack of gum from Wal-Mart. He took her right up to DFS and told them that she needed discipline, but he didn't know how to handle it. But he sure learned that day