Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Registered Member

Re: Another Abortion "House of Horrors" in TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieA27 View Post
Hmm..Maybe I'm wrong, but I see a lot of care for the unborn babies, but not a lot of attention spared for the mothers who had the abortions, nor for the babies that grow to live with some type of medical condition due to surviving an abortion.

To the people that are so outraged by this act, and so against abortions, are you willing to and are you helping out those mothers who would consent to commit such an act, turn their life towards God, so they won't do these acts anymore, as well as helping them out with what ever they need so they can support the child?

And if the mother won't hear you, and still consent for an abortion, what are you doing to support the child that survives the abortion? Are you adopting them? Are you going out of your way to provide for them? Are you making sure that their cares and needs are met? Food, nurture, shelter, and whatever else they need?

I guess I'm just trying to figure out what people are willing and are going to do, IF abortions were outlawed, or made harder to get through legal means.
Do you hear yourself? What I hear you saying is that it is better to KILL people than have mothers and babies in poverty or in ill health. Personally, I don't do much to help these people out. But I don't think killing the unborn is the answer.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 05-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
Do you hear yourself? What I hear you saying is that it is better to KILL people than have mothers and babies in poverty or in ill health.

Hmm...Jumping to conclusions...

Personally, I don't do much to help these people out.

And therein lies the problem.

But I don't think killing the unborn is the answer.

I'm just saying that if you want to be all outraged, and angry, and want the baby killers to suffer and to die all of these hideous deaths etc., (all of that seems pretty harsh, especially the latter imo, especially if these people end up seeing their error, repent and turn around) you need to step up to the plate and do more, so that your words would have merit. So you won't look like just another christian crying foul, and trying to get people to adhere to your views, without truly offering them a helping hand when they do.

I guess it's just jarring to me. I rarely ever hear about people lamenting, wishing for these abortionist, and people who go for abortions to turn their life around. That they see the error of their ways, and turn to God. It's almost always wishing that these people would die, or suffer some horrible punishment, or to burn in hell.

It's just sad to see people weeping, and down in their hearts for the unborn children who are all going to go to heaven, and then wishing for all the others to rot, and don't even care or seem to want them to live a life for God and to go to heaven.

I'm just saying that if you're showing all of that remorse for the unborn baby's life, that you should show the same for the others soul, praying that they won't die in that sinful, unrepentant condition, that God would have mercy on them, so they would be able to be saved.
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm just saying that if you want to be all outraged, and angry, and want the baby killers to suffer and to die all of these hideous deaths etc., (all of that seems pretty harsh, especially the latter imo, especially if these people end up seeing their error, repent and turn around) you need to step up to the plate and do more, so that your words would have merit. So you won't look like just another christian crying foul, and trying to get people to adhere to your views, without truly offering them a helping hand when they do.

I guess it's just jarring to me. I rarely ever hear about people lamenting, wishing for these abortionist, and people who go for abortions to turn their life around. That they see the error of their ways, and turn to God. It's almost always wishing that these people would die, or suffer some horrible punishment, or to burn in hell.

It's just sad to see people weeping, and down in their hearts for the unborn children who are all going to go to heaven, and then wishing for all the others to rot, and don't even care or seem to want them to live a life for God and to go to heaven.

I'm just saying that if you're showing all of that remorse for the unborn baby's life, that you should show the same for the others soul, praying that they won't die in that sinful, unrepentant condition, that God would have mercy on them, so they would be able to be saved.
I also feel bad for other types of victims and discuss that. But I don't get on a bandwagon and take a bus to help them out either. I spent 19 years building churches and helping other people out. I'm retired from that now.

I think you are judging the people who are outraged that people are being killed. I don't do too much anymore to help the mothers etc, but I would guess a lot of people do. So, how much does someone have to do to get your approval for talking against abortion? Do they have to give $500.00 a year or $5000.00? Your argument seems silly to me.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 05-18-2013, 01:34 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Marie you are very sick. Yes I do help mothers and babies... And yes I hope perps get Jesus before they face the capital punishment that their murder incurs on themselves. But there is rightfully an indignent outrage in society against mass murderers. It is the anomaly when you find someone advocating FOR a Hitler - and we understand this, even while knowing Christ died for Hitler too.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I actually AM an advocate for giving the unborn personhood rights (which we already have in many states) without distinction before and after birth. We can start by doing this for unborn children 18 weeks and older, then go from there.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Retired Ninja

Quote:
To the people that are so outraged by this act, and so against abortions, are you willing to and are you helping out those mothers who would consent to commit such an act, turn their life towards God, so they won't do these acts anymore, as well as helping them out with what ever they need so they can support the child?

And if the mother won't hear you, and still consent for an abortion, what are you doing to support the child that survives the abortion? Are you adopting them? Are you going out of your way to provide for them? Are you making sure that their cares and needs are met? Food, nurture, shelter, and whatever else they need?
Absolutely. I would do everything I could to keep her from killing her child and would do everything I could to help her or that child that lives. The only problem is that my resources are extremely limited.

Quote:
I rarely ever hear about people lamenting, wishing for these abortionist, and people who go for abortions to turn their life around. That they see the error of their ways, and turn to God. It's almost always wishing that these people would die, or suffer some horrible punishment, or to burn in hell.
I pray for more people to leave the abortion industry and find the Lord, including the doctors who perform the abortions. Quite frankly, I am even glad that Gosnell did not get the death penalty. Though he deserves it, I still have hope for his soul. I admit it's not much hope... But then I have to wonder how long Paul killed Christians before God knocked him off his high horse...

However, the biggest concern is always going to be for those innocent little babies who get a horrific death penalty simply for being conceived. Every single form of abortion would be considered cruel and unusual punishment if it were used on death row inmates, yet it is used on our most innocent.

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

Jude 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion , making a difference : 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:51 PM
Retired Ninja

I don't know if y'all have seen this video or not, but be warned that it is three women giving testimony about their experiences while working at a clinic. I believe it is the one in Texas that this thread is about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9fhyJItGPko

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. - Psalm 51:17

Jude 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion , making a difference : 23 And others save with fear, pulling [them] out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Marie, I appreciate your points which I'm sure originate in a compassionate heart. However, your logic is flawed. Using your line of thinking means that only people who participate in the foster home program can argue against abusing children.

Let me change your quote just a little to that topic:

Quote:
To the people that are so outraged by this act, and so against parents abusing their children, are you willing to and are you helping out those parents who would consent to commit such an act, turn their life towards God, so they won't do these acts anymore, as well as helping them out with what ever they need so they can be kind to their children?

And if the parents won't hear you, and still abuse their children, and those children end up in foster care, what are you doing to support the child that survives the abuse? Are you adopting them? Are you going out of your way to provide for them? Are you making sure that their cares and needs are met? Food, nurture, shelter, and whatever else they need?
I realize that all of the issues that you bring up are issues that need to be addressed in looking at the WHOLE social problem, but they don't relate to whether a person can legitimately speak out against abortion--or child abuse. I don't have to be an adoptive or foster parent to speak out against parents abusing their children OR against women murdering their babies.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 05-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Marie you are very sick. Yes I do help mothers and babies... And yes I hope perps get Jesus before they face the capital punishment that their murder incurs on themselves. But there is rightfully an indignent outrage in society against mass murderers. It is the anomaly when you find someone advocating FOR a Hitler - and we understand this, even while knowing Christ died for Hitler too.
How am I sick? No where in my posts did I say anything about being glad that the babies died. And no where am I advocating for abortion. I just for once, would like to hear someone's outrage about these murderers salvation, preaching and teaching them about God so they can get out of this, and turn their life around, that even if/when they die, or get just punishment for their actions, that they can be saved.

But it's like some of you people don't even want that. Saying that you hope that they rot in an extra hot place in hell, that they get everything to them that they did to the babies and then some . Probably wouldn't even be able to forgive Paul...

Look, I understand being outraged at their actions, because it was and is indeed evil, but that hatred for their actions should never trump their soul salvation, to the point that you’re wishing that they never ever get saved.

I guess since after coming to the knowledge of the truth about hell, I don't wish it on anybody, not even my worse enemy. That's why I labor continually for the salvation of souls, since that is the most important thing.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApostolicKitty View Post
Absolutely. I would do everything I could to keep her from killing her child and would do everything I could to help her or that child that lives. The only problem is that my resources are extremely limited.

I pray for more people to leave the abortion industry and find the Lord, including the doctors who perform the abortions. Quite frankly, I am even glad that Gosnell did not get the death penalty. Though he deserves it, I still have hope for his soul. I admit it's not much hope... But then I have to wonder how long Paul killed Christians before God knocked him off his high horse...

However, the biggest concern is always going to be for those innocent little babies who get a horrific death penalty simply for being conceived. Every single form of abortion would be considered cruel and unusual punishment if it were used on death row inmates, yet it is used on our most innocent.
I see where you're coming from, I guess I'm looking more at the end result of these actions: their soul. With all of these grotesque actions that happened to these innocent babies, I get solace in the knowledge that they're going to go to heaven. And no, I'm not advocating for more abortions, or for people to kill more babies. But my concern is more so on the unwanted babies that are living now, cause it seems that a lot them live unpleasant (to put it mildly) end up growing up not knowing God.