Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-11-2024, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Re: Initial evidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
He doesn't teach it the way Esaias teaches it.

Bro White believes that the house of Israel (10 tribes) were lost and became indistinguishable/intermixed with gentiles. But, the Judeans (Jews) kept their identity and are now in the land of Israel.

Elder Esaias teaches, correctly, that both the House of Judah and the House of Israel are dispersed and mixed with gentiles, which means the Jews who are currently in Israel are not of the lineage of the 12 tribes.

So weirdly enough the gospel is going out to the lost sheep, Israel, who have basically become gentiles. And everyone can respond to the gospel and be grafted into the root and be in the New Covenant.
Just another observation and then I will move on. Brother White in the video you posted also teaches (according to my understanding anyway) that ONLY these lost tribes will be able to prophesy? I’m beginning to believe there are some SERIOUS issues with his doctrine.

Don’t get me wrong, he does a wonderful job of teaching and explaining his doctrine, it’s just that his doctrine is obviously contrary to scripture (IMHO).
Old 08-11-2024, 09:53 AM
He will direct my path!

No, in preaching the gospel to the lost sheep, anyone who responds can be saved.

You are jumping into the middle of a 12 lesson bible study which is hard to understand without the prior lessons. You need to watch foundations #5 to follow the train of thought

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...i63ZIkCG8dFX3H

Last edited by Amanah; 08-11-2024 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-11-2024, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Moving on: We certainly have several examples in scripture of people receiving the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues. That’s pretty obvious.

Do we have any examples in scripture of people receiving the Holy Ghost and not speaking in tongues? Or not being specifically said to have spoken in tongues?

And also another question that begs for an answer: The Prophet Joel prophesied that one of the signs would be that “your sons and daughters would prophesy. Esaias seems to believe that this is equivalent to speaking in tongues. It seems to me that this was the case in the original outpouring, but that it wasn’t always the case.

It does seem to be entirely consistent that they prophesied though. I’d like to hear more thoughts along these lines.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Elder Esaias,
I sent your explanation to my Pastor. I'm sure he will discuss it with leadership. I expect him to align with leadership. At that point, if you don't mind I'm going to post it on Facebook. I don't think this is something you can agree to disagree on.
Sis, you seem to have been taught a great deal from Esaias’s teaching and leadership on this forum. And rightfully so, he has a great deal of knowledge. Just observing from this recent thread, you’re sending his teaching to your elder, so they can align with it. Not sure if it’s possible, but have you ever thought of moving from Florida and joining Esaias’s ministry in Texas?
Old 08-11-2024, 10:00 AM
He will direct my path!

Bro TM
I think at this point, you would need to provide a counter argument to initial evidence with Tongues with scripture.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
No, in preaching the gospel to the lost sheep, anyone who responds can be saved.

You are jumping into the middle of a 12 lesson bible study which is hard to understand without the prior lessons. You need to watch foundations #5 to follow the train of thought

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...i63ZIkCG8dFX3H
I’m not saying that he says that only the lost tribes can be saved. I’m saying that he said that only the lost tribes could prophesy. I’m pretty certain that is what he said.

In other words, your sons and daughters shall prophesy, means only the sons and daughters of the lost tribes.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Moving on: We certainly have several examples in scripture of people receiving the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues. That’s pretty obvious.

Do we have any examples in scripture of people receiving the Holy Ghost and not speaking in tongues? Or not being specifically said to have spoken in tongues?

And also another question that begs for an answer: The Prophet Joel prophesied that one of the signs would be that “your sons and daughters would prophesy. Esaias seems to believe that this is equivalent to speaking in tongues. It seems to me that this was the case in the original outpouring, but that it wasn’t always the case.

It does seem to be entirely consistent that they prophesied though. I’d like to hear more thoughts along these lines.
Just want to get your thoughts,

In Acts 2 we have were the men and women in the room where filled with the Holy Ghost, cloven tongues like as of fire, it filled the house where they were sitting.
Could there be a pause from the initial infilling to when they appeared to the multiple and began speaking in the languages of those standing by?

Could we have in just these scripture verses, the infilling of the believer, and then the gift of diverse tongues in operation?
Old 08-11-2024, 10:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Bro TM
I think at this point, you would need to provide a counter argument to initial evidence with Tongues with scripture.
Well, the obvious counter argument would be that there is no scripture that says that speaking in tongues is the initial evidence.

Also, in the this is that sermon, we have the prophet Joel saying that “your sons and daughters will prophesy” which evidently could include speaking in tongues (to those who heard in their own language, something that we don’t teach) or in a language that otherwise is understood (native tongue).

What we don’t have is Joel saying that they will speak with other tongues.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:13 AM
He will direct my path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Sis, you seem to have been taught a great deal from Esaias’s teaching and leadership on this forum. And rightfully so, he has a great deal of knowledge. Just observing from this recent thread, you’re sending his teaching to your elder, so they can align with it. Not sure if it’s possible, but have you ever thought of moving from Florida and joining Esaias’s ministry in Texas?
Yes, but my house and my Sister are here.
Old 08-11-2024, 10:37 AM
He will direct my path!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Well, the obvious counter argument would be that there is no scripture that says that speaking in tongues is the initial evidence.

Also, in the this is that sermon, we have the prophet Joel saying that “your sons and daughters will prophesy” which evidently could include speaking in tongues (to those who heard in their own language, something that we don’t teach) or in a language that otherwise is understood (native tongue).

What we don’t have is Joel saying that they will speak with other tongues.
What do think the initial evidence is?