Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-31-2020, 06:14 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
If we should ignore social isolation, should we also ignore the plight of those who get sick and die from this pandemic ?

Why plead for prayers for those dying of covid19 while at the same time demand we meet in groups in churches ?
We should ignore pearl-clutching statists like you.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-01-2020, 12:07 AM
On the road less traveled

Re: resources - remedy section! - virus theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
Never said I was. However, if I, or family and dear friends, become in need of treatment, I would highly suggest avoiding the hospitals. Only about one in a hundred of the hospitals (my guesstimate) even do the Vitamin C intravenously, or in any other major way, for respiratory ailments, which is known to be a simple and effective treatment.

By the grace of God, I would seek to transform my patio, porch or other spots into health city. Might try for a sauna, as well. Amazing what can be done. If the day comes to see the Lord Jesus, by the grace of God let it be in a home environment, not pumped full of woozy drugs.

Oh, I omitted garlic in the earlier post, and that is a major tool. Wonderful health items like herbal iron are easy to increase. I am taking a break for my Sambozen Acai juice, often diluted. Even though pasteurized, I like its properties.

One example. Years back, we had to pull out a dear friend from a Brooklyn, NY hospital to save him from a (totally unnecessary) leg amputation, due to weak circulation. Planned for a few days ahead, because of gangrene fears. When we got him out, he instead had some natural approaches in Tennessee at a sanitarium and a week or so at an Alabama hot springs (all modest cost). And he has been walking the steep hills of Lares, Puerto Rico healthfully for decades, he is now 89. We had to have special meetings with lawyers and doctors and his pastor involved to pull him out.

Another example I saw involves a lady in Jersusalem, with pneumonia.

And I am only on the fringes of natural remedies.
One dear friend has dedicated his life to these types of helps, hands-on sanitarium treatment.

========================

Why not try to take full responsibility for your own health? Are the churches too ill and obese? Why not try to get to the core of the issue, which is not a 'virus', or our current plan-demic.

Are people in your church taking 'vaccinations' ? The children submitting to the government guidelines? Already, there is trouble ahead. The autism epidemic, vaccination spurred, is a far greater health danger than our current concerns. And SIDS is going down due to "Well-Baby" vaccinations being postponed.

Has anyone read some of the articles on the two pages I put up?
Some of which tears virus theory to shreds.

=========================

Why not switch your emphasis to being and staying healthy?

Now that the spring equinox has sprung, are you in the sun for an hour or three daily? Today I was out on my land, and helping my handymen guys to clear out some cut-down trees and debris.

When the President of Belarus suggested saunas and being out in the fields, he was giving far better advice than our martial law politicians trying to lock you inside your house.

=========================

Why was this 'pandemic' simulated in Sept 2019, courtesy of Bill Gates and friends?
I actually highly agree with your ideas about natural medicine. I do believe there is so much more that can be accomplished by using what God has already provided in the earth for our healing. I practice most of what you say. I have a large garden, which I start seeds from heirloom seeds in my greenhouse, all organic, and can/freeze as much of it as I can. I drink fruit/vegetable smoothies daily. I walk 5+ miles each morning, and most afternoons 2+ miles with my dogs. When it is possible to be outside, that's where you'll find me. I believe essential oils are great healers for the body. I make my own kombucha, and have for many years.

Having said all that... there is a word to the wise here. There is a cover-up going on. I agree with that 100%. Something very odd is happening to see the world economies all crumbling and crashing. The energy sector of our industry is about to crash too, which could be even worse than what we are experiencing right now. Worldwide, there is something in the undercurrents happening. Let no crisis go to waste, must be their motto. Yes, let's be aware something bigger than the coronavirus is on the horizon.

But let's also be wise too. It is a contagious virus. It is a menace to the world right now. And while the globalists are seeking to take advantage of it, does not mean that we should not take proper precautions. After all, quarantining was first instituted by God himself in Mosaic law when a contagious disease was present within the camp.

We are being given signs and warnings. How many more signs and warnings will we receive? It is no one's knowledge but God himself. But let us prepare our hearts in earnest. This could be the hour the church has been waiting on. Whether it is, or not... this IS THE HOUR to not let fear rock our boat, but instead face the storm ahead with great faith.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Re: resources - remedy section! - virus theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
I actually highly agree with your ideas about natural medicine. I do believe there is so much more that can be accomplished by using what God has already provided in the earth for our healing. I practice most of what you say. I have a large garden, which I start seeds from heirloom seeds in my greenhouse, all organic, and can/freeze as much of it as I can. I drink fruit/vegetable smoothies daily. I walk 5+ miles each morning, and most afternoons 2+ miles with my dogs. When it is possible to be outside, that's where you'll find me. I believe essential oils are great healers for the body. I make my own kombucha, and have for many years.

Having said all that... there is a word to the wise here. There is a cover-up going on. I agree with that 100%. Something very odd is happening to see the world economies all crumbling and crashing. The energy sector of our industry is about to crash too, which could be even worse than what we are experiencing right now. Worldwide, there is something in the undercurrents happening. Let no crisis go to waste, must be their motto. Yes, let's be aware something bigger than the coronavirus is on the horizon.

But let's also be wise too. It is a contagious virus. It is a menace to the world right now. And while the globalists are seeking to take advantage of it, does not mean that we should not take proper precautions. After all, quarantining was first instituted by God himself in Mosaic law when a contagious disease was present within the camp.

We are being given signs and warnings. How many more signs and warnings will we receive? It is no one's knowledge but God himself. But let us prepare our hearts in earnest. This could be the hour the church has been waiting on. Whether it is, or not... this IS THE HOUR to not let fear rock our boat, but instead face the storm ahead with great faith.
So God quarantined the whole nation when a contiguous disease was around?!
Old 04-01-2020, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
By all means, please explain why the need for the officers to have to walk into the sanctuary, down the aisle to the Pastor in front of a pulpit, dressed in his Sunday best.

Spell claims he hasn't and wouldn't violate the law. Yet the law allows the Governor power to declare emergencies and impose the restrictions which are in place today.

This was a power play. The sanctuary and pulpit is a powerful place. It's the Oval Office for the church.

But please tell me why it was better to do it with 8+ people live streaming it instead of just accepting it in the lobby or office.

Costco, Sams, Home Depot all are enforcing limits on the number of customers allowed into the store at one time. Walmart, as of the last time I was there, was not. Gas stations rarely have more than 50 at one time, unless it's a truck stop. Most vet offices here are appt only.

I had my ENT Dr call and cancel a follow up. They've shut down their office indefinitely. INDEFINITELY, the nurse told me. No idea when they will open up again for appointments. My family eye Dr called my wife and cancelled her and the kid's eye appointments. No reschedule at this time. They will call her when the office reopens.

There are small shops and restaurants within walking distance of my job -- all are closed, some permanently out of business.

So this isn't just against churches. This isn't religious persecution.
nd - your basic opinion on this issue is the reason you believe what you saw.

My knowledge of the Spell family is the reason that I have for my opinion.

We can agree to disagree on this.

But, as I said before, I am troubled in my spirit by how quickly we have "bowed" to the authorities.

A side issue that I have been dealing with over the past week is that we, as Christians, now seem to fear death.
When did this happen?
Probably need another thread for this.
Old 04-01-2020, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
nd - your basic opinion on this issue is the reason you believe what you saw.

My knowledge of the Spell family is the reason that I have for my opinion.
So you have no good reason as to why Spell would force the chief and assistant chief into the sanctuary, down the aisle to the front with 8 or so people filming them -- shaming them on live video? Those two didn't deserve that. You could see they didn't want to be there serving a summons to a Pastor, much less being forced to do so in front of the pulpit with several people streaming it live to the world. They were incredibly respectful. Far more than I would have been in that situation.

Quote:
But, as I said before, I am troubled in my spirit by how quickly we have "bowed" to the authorities.
No one has "bowed" to anyone. Services are still continuing, streaming and as small congregations.

Let's examine your line of thought: Prior to Constantine recognizing Christianity as a legal religion, building a church for congregants was not legal. By your reasoning, the early church "bowed" to the authorities because they followed the law and only met in homes and the court of the Temple. Why didn't they rebel against the law then and build anyway? Why did they "bow" to the authorities?
Old 04-01-2020, 11:38 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Good grief, ndavid loves him some Big Brother!

They say pressure cooking brings out the hidden flavors. Looks like the saying is correct.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-01-2020, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Good grief, ndavid loves him some Big Brother!

They say pressure cooking brings out the hidden flavors. Looks like the saying is correct.
There you go again. Calling names and posting smears.

You claimed a while back that you don't associate those who disagree with you with evil people or regimes. And yet just the other day you called Scott a communist and now you're attempting to smear me.

If you can contribute nothing more than to LIE and SMEAR then don't respond to my posts.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
So you have no good reason as to why Spell would force the chief and assistant chief into the sanctuary, down the aisle to the front with 8 or so people filming them -- shaming them on live video? Those two didn't deserve that. You could see they didn't want to be there serving a summons to a Pastor, much less being forced to do so in front of the pulpit with several people streaming it live to the world. They were incredibly respectful. Far more than I would have been in that situation.

No one has "bowed" to anyone. Services are still continuing, streaming and as small congregations.

Let's examine your line of thought: Prior to Constantine recognizing Christianity as a legal religion, building a church for congregants was not legal. By your reasoning, the early church "bowed" to the authorities because they followed the law and only met in homes and the court of the Temple. Why didn't they rebel against the law then and build anyway? Why did they "bow" to the authorities?
26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.

27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,

28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
26 Then went the captain with the officers, and brought them without violence: for they feared the people, lest they should have been stoned.

27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the council: and the high priest asked them,

28 Saying, Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name? and, behold, ye have filled Jerusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this man's blood upon us.

29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Did you read the verses you posted? There is no comparison between that passage and what's happening now.

What did the high priest and council command? Pretty important part you intentionally didn't put in bold...

Did not we straitly command you that ye should not teach in this name?

Please post where any government official has prohibited church services and told Pastors they cannot preach Jesus any more.

Just one.

I'll wait.

Likely a very long time since there are none.

Last edited by n david; 04-01-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thankfully the opinions of communists like yourself don't matter to lots of people.
This is from the same person who said one of my posts was over the line because I called someone an idiot ...

Quote:
Your comments were out of line: "You're an idiot." Etc. That was uncalled for.
Then in the very same post proves himself to be a hypocrite by posting:

Quote:
My you seem exceptionally ignorant today.
Nice way of calling someone ... an idiot.

Quote:
And show me where I routinely compare anyone who disagrees with my "dumb conspiracies" to "Nazi sympathizers".
Not just Nazi sympathizers, but "communists" and other comparisons to evil people/regimes.

Quote:
Thankfully the opinions of communists like yourself don't matter to lots of people.