Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-31-2020, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
nd - glad to see you can learn all you need to know about someone from a short video.
Reminds me of the assumptions taken by many in the Covington Catholic situation.
How about listening to some of us who actually know the Spells.
Now, as I have said before, our church has gone to online services, but the governments reaction to churches having service has made me want to re-think this.
Think about it, the government has basically closed every church in the USA and almost nary a squawk from us so-called Christians.
But, you can go to Walmart, Costco, Sam's, the gas station, vet offices, garden centers, etc...
Go to work if you are in an essential business (some of which have thousands of employees gathered together) and that is ok?
Not a far jump for them to say that you can go back to your normal life, if you take the antigen tests and show that you have already had Covid-19.
And just to make is easier to identify you, we will give you an invisible tattoo (which can be read with special readers).
But, maybe I am just paranoid...
Are the church buildings forced to closed or are the gatherings 10+ banned?
At least in my state, gatherings more than 10 are banned but the church buildings can still be used by the pastors to minister one-o-one.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
nd - glad to see you can learn all you need to know about someone from a short video.
Reminds me of the assumptions taken by many in the Covington Catholic situation.
How about listening to some of us who actually know the Spells.
By all means, please explain why the need for the officers to have to walk into the sanctuary, down the aisle to the Pastor in front of a pulpit, dressed in his Sunday best.

Spell claims he hasn't and wouldn't violate the law. Yet the law allows the Governor power to declare emergencies and impose the restrictions which are in place today.

This was a power play. The sanctuary and pulpit is a powerful place. It's the Oval Office for the church.

But please tell me why it was better to do it with 8+ people live streaming it instead of just accepting it in the lobby or office.

Quote:
Now, as I have said before, our church has gone to online services, but the governments reaction to churches having service has made me want to re-think this.
Think about it, the government has basically closed every church in the USA and almost nary a squawk from us so-called Christians.
But, you can go to Walmart, Costco, Sam's, the gas station, vet offices, garden centers, etc...
Go to work if you are in an essential business (some of which have thousands of employees gathered together) and that is ok?
Costco, Sams, Home Depot all are enforcing limits on the number of customers allowed into the store at one time. Walmart, as of the last time I was there, was not. Gas stations rarely have more than 50 at one time, unless it's a truck stop. Most vet offices here are appt only.

I had my ENT Dr call and cancel a follow up. They've shut down their office indefinitely. INDEFINITELY, the nurse told me. No idea when they will open up again for appointments. My family eye Dr called my wife and cancelled her and the kid's eye appointments. No reschedule at this time. They will call her when the office reopens.

There are small shops and restaurants within walking distance of my job -- all are closed, some permanently out of business.

So this isn't just against churches. This isn't religious persecution.

Last edited by n david; 03-31-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Are the church buildings forced to closed or are the gatherings 10+ banned?
At least in my state, gatherings more than 10 are banned but the church buildings can still be used by the pastors to minister one-o-one.
It's a limit on the number allowed at once. Even Louisiana told Spell he could continue to have services, as long as he kept the numbers under 50 in one area.

This is theatrics. The church hasn't been ordered to shut down.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:23 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
By all means, please explain why the need for the officers to have to walk into the sanctuary, down the aisle to the Pastor in front of a pulpit, dressed in his Sunday best.

Spell claims he hasn't and wouldn't violate the law. Yet the law allows the Governor power to declare emergencies and impose the restrictions which are in place today.

This was a power play. The sanctuary and pulpit is a powerful place. It's the Oval Office for the church.

But please tell me why it was better to do it with 8+ people live streaming it instead of just accepting it in the lobby or office.

Costco, Sams, Home Depot all are enforcing limits on the number of customers allowed into the store at one time. Walmart, as of the last time I was there, was not. Gas stations rarely have more than 50 at one time, unless it's a truck stop. Most vet offices here are appt only.

I had my ENT Dr call and cancel a follow up. They've shut down their office indefinitely. INDEFINITELY, the nurse told me. No idea when they will open up again for appointments. My family eye Dr called my wife and cancelled her and the kid's eye appointments. No reschedule at this time. They will call her when the office reopens.

There are small shops and restaurants within walking distance of my job -- all are closed, some permanently out of business.

So this isn't just against churches. This isn't religious persecution.
The government imposes de facto martial law, a pastor refuses to abide by it, and it's the pastor doing some kind of unacceptable power play?

THIS is why the America *I* grew up in and learned about as a kid is long gone and ain't coming back.

There are literally practically no Americans left in the country, just a few here and there.

Those who would surrender their liberties in exchange for safety deserve neither liberty or safety.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 03-31-2020, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
The government imposes de facto martial law, a pastor refuses to abide by it, and it's the pastor doing some kind of unacceptable power play?
In context, yes, the Pastor made a power play. You tell me why else would you be dressed in a suit and tie, have 8+ live streaming and force the LEO's into the sanctuary, down the long aisle to where the Pastor is standing right in front of the pulpit. I'm open to any explanation on why this instead of simply accepting the summons at the front door or Pastor's office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Those who would surrender their liberties in exchange for safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
First, that isn't the quote by Franklin.

The actual quote is this:
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

And the context in which Franklin writes the quote is incredibly important and has little to do with civil liberties.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Why the need for theatrics? Someone nominate Tony and his father for their Oscar-worthy performance.

Good grief.

Why couldn't he accept the summons in the lobby or in his office? Why the need for the theatrics of 8 or more people all streaming the officers walking into the sanctuary, down the aisle to the Pastor in his Sunday best standing in front of the pulpit.

That was an ego show. No other way to put it. When you could have accepted the summons any other way, but instead choose to do it this way ... that's ego and pride.

Funny, I didn't see what you saw in the video. I saw a man of God standing up for what he felt the Lord told him to do.

The point was made in another post how hundreds of people are allowed to shop without being harrassed.

I was at Costco a few days ago and there wasn't any limits on the amount of people allowed in the store.

Why are Christians allowed to gather at Costco with hundreds of people to buy groceries, but not allowed to gather together at a church to worship God?

Something just doesn't make sense here...
Old 03-31-2020, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeindeed View Post
Funny, I didn't see what you saw in the video. I saw a man of God standing up for what he felt the Lord told him to do.
You didn't see the first part of the video, where Tim Spell leads the officers into the sanctuary; you see several people with phones out filming; Tony is standing in front of the pulpit in his suit and tie -- you didn't see that?

Quote:
The point was made in another post how hundreds of people are allowed to shop without being harrassed.

I was at Costco a few days ago and there wasn't any limits on the amount of people allowed in the store.
Your Costco is not the same as any here where I am. I was there with my wife and they only allowed 50 into the store at a time. HD, Sams were the same. Walmart was wide open, as was Target. Many Dr offices, restaurants and local shops have shut down.

Quote:
Why are Christians allowed to gather at Costco with hundreds of people to buy groceries, but not allowed to gather together at a church to worship God?
The Gov and law enforcement both have stated Spell can have services, as long as he limits the size of the crowd to under 50 in one place. There is not a ban on having services.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

keeping the body healthy

Quote:
These are incredibly BAD and dangerous suggestions. Eli Hernandez is on a ventilator in a medically induced coma because his lungs weren't functioning. Had he followed your suggestions, he would be DEAD!
Have you ever seen pneumonia or any other major similar ailment treated in a sanitarium manner?

And note I said AVOID the hospital.

That is a good general rule, especially involving disease conditions. The Corvir tests are a sham, and are irrelevant to such a decision. Millions of people can show positive without any ailment or symptoms. This is the main reason the numbers are going way up, an increase in the sham testing.

Also many people simply do not have the culture of a sanitarium style treatment, so the hospital is the only option.

One major problem is that very few really try a health approach, they run to the hospital, where it is easy to deteriorate, and iatrogenic deaths are commonplace. Robert S. Mendelsohn, M.D. referred to the hopsitals as the Temples of Doom.

Feel free to share more the specifics of Eli Hernandez. (Ok, I see the prayer request thread.)
Thanks!

Quote:
This is absolutely false.
This was in response to a future conjecture, what might be "the next step of action" - so of course it is NOT false, it is simply the logical way that church admission would be enforced. Let me see your papers.

Last edited by Steven Avery; 03-31-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

If we should ignore social isolation, should we also ignore the plight of those who get sick and die from this pandemic ?

Why plead for prayers for those dying of covid19 while at the same time demand we meet in groups in churches ?
Old 03-31-2020, 06:07 PM
Registered Member

Re: resources - remedy section! - virus theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
It's easy to preach all this. Until the covid comes to your home, or your family. You're not invincible. None of us are.
Never said I was. However, if I, or family and dear friends, become in need of treatment, I would highly suggest avoiding the hospitals. Only about one in a hundred of the hospitals (my guesstimate) even do the Vitamin C intravenously, or in any other major way, for respiratory ailments, which is known to be a simple and effective treatment.

By the grace of God, I would seek to transform my patio, porch or other spots into health city. Might try for a sauna, as well. Amazing what can be done. If the day comes to see the Lord Jesus, by the grace of God let it be in a home environment, not pumped full of woozy drugs.

Oh, I omitted garlic in the earlier post, and that is a major tool. Wonderful health items like herbal iron are easy to increase. I am taking a break for my Sambozen Acai juice, often diluted. Even though pasteurized, I like its properties.

One example. Years back, we had to pull out a dear friend from a Brooklyn, NY hospital to save him from a (totally unnecessary) leg amputation, due to weak circulation. Planned for a few days ahead, because of gangrene fears. When we got him out, he instead had some natural approaches in Tennessee at a sanitarium and a week or so at an Alabama hot springs (all modest cost). And he has been walking the steep hills of Lares, Puerto Rico healthfully for decades, he is now 89. We had to have special meetings with lawyers and doctors and his pastor involved to pull him out.

Another example I saw involves a lady in Jersusalem, with pneumonia.

And I am only on the fringes of natural remedies.
One dear friend has dedicated his life to these types of helps, hands-on sanitarium treatment.

========================

Why not try to take full responsibility for your own health? Are the churches too ill and obese? Why not try to get to the core of the issue, which is not a 'virus', or our current plan-demic.

Are people in your church taking 'vaccinations' ? The children submitting to the government guidelines? Already, there is trouble ahead. The autism epidemic, vaccination spurred, is a far greater health danger than our current concerns. And SIDS is going down due to "Well-Baby" vaccinations being postponed.

Has anyone read some of the articles on the two pages I put up?
Some of which tears virus theory to shreds.

=========================

Why not switch your emphasis to being and staying healthy?

Now that the spring equinox has sprung, are you in the sun for an hour or three daily? Today I was out on my land, and helping my handymen guys to clear out some cut-down trees and debris.

When the President of Belarus suggested saunas and being out in the fields, he was giving far better advice than our martial law politicians trying to lock you inside your house.

=========================

Why was this 'pandemic' simulated in Sept 2019, courtesy of Bill Gates and friends?

Last edited by Steven Avery; 03-31-2020 at 06:50 PM.