Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Nursery > The Grandparents Guild
Facebook

Notices

The Grandparents Guild A Gathering Place for the Grandparents of AFF

Old 06-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Not riding the train

Re: PO's Best Christmas Present EVER!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
So......where are the pics from the shower?
It's manana! I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off!!!

AND my daughter's MIL is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!! She called to inform me that she is making Special K cereal treats. "They are treats!"

Did I say Special K cereal?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no words! Actually, I better not say anything at all.

Anyway, just put in the Lemon Bars, already made the Cheesecake bites (will cut them into squares tomorrow) and then I have to run to town and spend more money. I forgot something! LOL!

I think my husband wants a divorce, but it is going to be worth it!!!!!! "How's that Wolfe Brand Chili working out for ya, baby?"

I'll post pics some time next week!

Laters!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She is going to have it at home. Please pray that she won't need a c-section! Well, of course, if that happened, she would be transported to the hospital.
Are you delivering?
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 06-06-2010, 10:57 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
Are you delivering?
No! LOL! But, I do get to be present during the delivery!
Old 06-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Not riding the train

I found someone that takes worse pictures that I do! I handed my camera to one of the teenagers to take a few pictures because I was too busy to do it. These are the only two that came out. LOL! My daughter had a photographer there, so I'll get pictures from her and post them later.

Renda, Do not even comment on the table swags. My daughter's MIL put them up and I was too busy to fix them. Oh my gosh, I better not say anything else. LOL!

Getting more of the baby room ready. The bedding comes in this week, I think.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 06-06-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 PM
My Family!

Food looks great!

And, his room is precious!!
Old 06-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
She is going to have it at home. Please pray that she won't need a c-section! Well, of course, if that happened, she would be transported to the hospital.
I had 3 of mine at home. No complications, wonderful deliveries.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

I love the diaper bag! (and the rest of the stuff is nice also!)
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 06-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Registered Member

This is so much fun - you and Renda both sharing your first time experience with all of us here. I love your pictures, too. Her colors are great!
Old 06-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Food looks great!

And, his room is precious!!
Thanks! The food was great!

I'm still so upset that I want to vent!! Can I? Thanks, I will!! LOL! She (my daughter's MIL) made the whole event a horrible nightmare for me. From noon until we cleaned up and left at 5:00 p.m.!, she wouldn't stop saying, "You don't have to have everything this fancy.", "We don't do things like this.", "What? You are using gloves to handle the food? You don't have to do that. At our church, what happens in the kitchen stays in the kitchen", "No one is going to notice if the table cloths are not ironed." - (I will post that picture last! I'm still upset over that. She badgered me so much that I let her put them on the tables without steaming out the wrinkles! ) Not only was she saying these things to me, she kept repeating them to other people who were present! I can't even remember everything else she said.

You know, when you plan an event and you get it all arranged, you want to sit back, relax and be happy that everything was in its place and looked nice. I felt pushed and rushed and badgered! I never had to deal with her at all in the eight years they've been married. Now there is a baby involved and it's changed everything!!!! I didn't know it was going to be this way! She is badgering my daughter about vaccines, mid-wife, etc., etc., etc.

And the thing is - my SIL LOVES his mother and I don't want to hurt him! He is such a sweet boy! I love him to death!

I told her I wanted two rows of the Fleur-de-lis ribbon along with two brown and two teal rows of the tulle. What does she do? ONE Fleur-de-lis and ONE of each of the tulle. So, I get her DIL to add another row of the tulle and just forgot about the Fleur-de-lis. I wanted more "fluff" to the swag. Why can't I get that when I paid for it?!!!!!

The food was totally excellent and none of the other stuff matters now, (she got everything she wanted and needed) but it was my money and I wanted it done right!!! Am I wrong for wanting that? It wasn't that hard to pin the ribbon onto the tulle skirting.

BTW, side note for anyone interested, the tulle skirting on the food and gift tables (2 tables each) is 20 yards. I should have done 40 yards on each, it would have turned out better, but the fabric store sold out and didn't get anymore in in time. Hobby Lobby didn't carry the same type (it didn't match what I already had), so I had to make due with what I had. I wanted to forgo the skirting, but my daughter wanted it.

Okay, back to "As The Stomach Turns". LOL!

I knew she had been talking about me behind my back these last months for hosting the shower in the first place, so I tried to make up for it by giving her a gift of appreciation at the beginning of the shower. I did that for two reasons - to calm her down and to let anyone that she had talked to know that I did appreciate the things she did help me with.

So, the special part - RENDA - I opened the shower by talking about my friend in Tennessee who was also having her first grandbaby when I was expecting mine and that we have sent each other little gifts. I showed them the book you sent me, "Funny, You Don't Look Like A Grandmother". I then read the poem in the back, "Grandmothers Are To Love". I read the first stanza and then skipped to pages 110-111. After I read that, I thanked her for helping me and gave her a silver picture frame that says, "What are little boys made of? Frogs and snails and puppy dog tails. That's what little boys are made of."

I said, "I want to thank, Liz, for putting up with me saying, "I need this and I need this." Laugh, laugh.

THEN SHE SAYS, "That's exactly what she did!"

LOL! I hit her over the head with the picture frame! J/K!!! LOL!

Okay, here are the wrinkled table cloths that I didn't want to post!!!! My sister told me she didn't notice, but how can you NOT notice?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the shoulder to cry on. I am going to forget about it now. I just wanted to talk about it and then bury it. LOL!

And I also wanted to say that the cheese balls turned out great and I wanted to post this picture. I think everyone has the recipe with the Ranch dressing.

And since you know the story of the swags, (lol) I will post this picture because I love these bowls I found for the chicken and ham salad.

Here's his first - bling-bling - Swarovski crystal pacifier. LOL!

And one more - the other side of the bed. The box has assorted hats - too cute!

Thanks, again, for letting me vent!!!!

Oh, one more thing - my husband says I am not doing any more weddings, bridal or baby showers - I spend too much money! LOL! After this ordeal, I will totally comply!

Last edited by Pressing-On; 06-06-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AQuietPlace* View Post
I had 3 of mine at home. No complications, wonderful deliveries.
Thanks, one of my sisters did too - all three of hers. I'm not worried. Today, after church, she told her Daddy that she wants him there too! At first she didn't want anyone there, but as the time is growing closer, she is changing her mind.

I'm going to check with her husband though. If he would be offended that his mother won't be there, I'm not going to be there either. It's not worth the hassle.