Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-09-2022, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: Book of Enoch, 1 Peter, 2nd Peter, Jude parall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Is a parable real? Did a certain man really lend his vineyard out to husbandmen who then killed his servants and his son? Is that a history lesson? Or is that an analogy? Job is literally Hebrew poetry. It serves a purpose. And that purpose was not and is not to teach a few historical data points upon which to build doctrines found nowhere else except among occultists...
That really is sad you think that way. I don’t mean this to be an insult, yet you’re too smart for your own good.

Needless to say what’s quoted in Job is not a parable, neither is:

1 Kings 22:19-23
[19] And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord : I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
[20] And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. [21] And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord , and said, I will persuade him.
[22] And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him , and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
[23] Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Well I really don’t know what to say. Lord Bless Esaias
Old 02-09-2022, 09:48 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
That really is sad you think that way. I don’t mean this to be an insult, yet you’re too smart for your own good.

Needless to say what’s quoted in Job is not a parable, neither is:

1 Kings 22:19-23
[19] And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the Lord : I saw the Lord sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left.
[20] And the Lord said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramoth-gilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. [21] And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the Lord , and said, I will persuade him.
[22] And the Lord said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him , and prevail also: go forth, and do so.
[23] Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee.

Well I really don’t know what to say. Lord Bless Esaias
Sorry that I don't just accept "Thus sayeth the poster called Nicodemus" as Gospel Truth. I believe the Bible, the whole Bible, rightly divided and as it is written.

Do you believe Job when he declared that after his body rotted in the grave yet he would see his Redeemer God Himself with his own eyes, in his flesh, upon the earth?

Or are you perhaps "too spiritual for your own good"?

I also notice you REALLY don't like to answer questions put to you for some reason...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 02-10-2022, 08:28 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Much of the old pagan mythologies are corruptions of the true original story found in Genesis.
There are 2 options, by the way.

1. The pagan myths explain what is only hinted at in Genesis. In this view, held by most of today's Christians, the pagan myths about divine beings rebelling against heaven, coming to the earth, corrupting mankind, etc are the real story, whereas Genesis and the Bible don't explain it, they just refer to it in a rather vague hinting manner.

2. The pagan myths are superstitious corruptions and perversions of the Biblical record in Genesis. The sons of God are the followers of God descended from Seth who wound up largely corrupting themselves with Cain's ungodly descendants, corrupting the earth. The pagans retold that history turning men into gods and demigods, etc.

Which record is more reliable? Pagan superstitions and occultic speculations? Or Thus Sayeth Jehovah?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Last edited by Esaias; 02-10-2022 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sorry that I don't just accept "Thus sayeth the poster called Nicodemus" as Gospel Truth. I believe the Bible, the whole Bible, rightly divided and as it is written.
You don't have to accept anything I say. But if it's the law that you want then the law is what you'll have.

Quote:
Do you believe Job when he declared that after his body rotted in the grave yet he would see his Redeemer God Himself with his own eyes, in his flesh, upon the earth?
Job 19:25-28
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
28 But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me?

Different translations come to the meaning, "without" or "out of" my flesh concerning the verse in question. Regardless, I believe he did see God in the last chapters of Job. Satan was granted permission to prove Jobs dedication to the Lord. His kids died, his abundance was stolen or destroyed, even his wife lost respect for him. His health went south, (I know you don't believe this, yet allow me) which one can understand how a spirit can work in a persons life. Through all this devastation his life was gone, everything he had was wiped out. It was so bad;

Job 2:13
So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great.

Imagine being in so much grief that you're not able to speak for seven days. Im sorry I don't think you or myself have been through that. Boils consumed his body, the Lord granted satan enough liberty in the life of Job except to take his life, so I believe satan went as close to taking his life as he could. In my commentary death sounded like a relief to Job, it was probably a relief to talk about death or worms eating the body. In my opinion he died, everything he had vanished, yet when he saw the Lord everything changed.

Job 38:1-4
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

I love this, I could just imagine the thunder and the lighting as the Lord took the Form of a Tornado and spoke to Job face to face.

Job 42:10-17
10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.
15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
17 So Job died, being old and full of days.

The latter half of Job was greater than the beginning, a walking dead man after meeting the Lord was given more than he ever had. I believe the worms he was talking about was an analogy of what his body looked like. And even in his flesh he saw the Lord.

Quote:
Or are you perhaps "too spiritual for your own good"?

I also notice you REALLY don't like to answer questions put to you for some reason...
Ill answer your question. Im not spiritual enough brother, I have elders I know personally and others I know from stories, these men will fast 25, 40 days at a time, they'll pray 6,8, or 10 hours a day. They have a relationship with the Lord as a wife, meaning even while on this earth the Lord gives them the spiritual checkbook, they talk with the Lord all day. Understanding of the spiritual that make some heads spin, because the revelation came not of man but through the Spirit. For example a preacher that took a plane ride to visit another preacher because the Lord told him to, unknown to him that preacher he was going to visit was dealing with a bad health issue. The doctors gave up hope, that preacher showed up on his doorstep, prayed for him and immediately healed. All because the lord told him to! So brother, no I'm not spiritual enough, but I have dedicated everything I have for this spiritual walk, I am not my own yet I am a bond servant to the Lord.
Old 02-10-2022, 12:36 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
There are 2 options, by the way.

1. The pagan myths explain what is only hinted at in Genesis. In this view, held by most of today's Christians, the pagan myths about divine beings rebelling against heaven, coming to the earth, corrupting mankind, etc are the real story, whereas Genesis and the Bible don't explain it, they just refer to it in a rather vague hinting manner.

2. The pagan myths are superstitious corruptions and perversions of the Biblical record in Genesis. The sons of God are the followers of God descended from Seth who wound up largely corrupting themselves with Cain's ungodly descendants, corrupting the earth. The pagans retold that history turning men into gods and demigods, etc.

Which record is more reliable? Pagan superstitions and occultic speculations? Or Thus Sayeth Jehovah?
Old 02-10-2022, 12:59 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
You don't have to accept anything I say. But if it's the law that you want then the law is what you'll have.

Job 19:25-28
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
28 But ye should say, Why persecute we him, seeing the root of the matter is found in me?

Different translations come to the meaning, "without" or "out of" my flesh concerning the verse in question. Regardless, I believe he did see God in the last chapters of Job. Satan was granted permission to prove Jobs dedication to the Lord. His kids died, his abundance was stolen or destroyed, even his wife lost respect for him. His health went south, (I know you don't believe this, yet allow me) which one can understand how a spirit can work in a persons life. Through all this devastation his life was gone, everything he had was wiped out. It was so bad;

Job 2:13
So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great.

Imagine being in so much grief that you're not able to speak for seven days. Im sorry I don't think you or myself have been through that. Boils consumed his body, the Lord granted satan enough liberty in the life of Job except to take his life, so I believe satan went as close to taking his life as he could. In my commentary death sounded like a relief to Job, it was probably a relief to talk about death or worms eating the body. In my opinion he died, everything he had vanished, yet when he saw the Lord everything changed.

Job 38:1-4
1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?
3 Gird up now thy loins like a man; for I will demand of thee, and answer thou me.
4 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

I love this, I could just imagine the thunder and the lighting as the Lord took the Form of a Tornado and spoke to Job face to face.

Job 42:10-17
10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the LORD had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.
12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.
15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.
16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.
17 So Job died, being old and full of days.

The latter half of Job was greater than the beginning, a walking dead man after meeting the Lord was given more than he ever had. I believe the worms he was talking about was an analogy of what his body looked like. And even in his flesh he saw the Lord.

Ill answer your question. Im not spiritual enough brother, I have elders I know personally and others I know from stories, these men will fast 25, 40 days at a time, they'll pray 6,8, or 10 hours a day. They have a relationship with the Lord as a wife, meaning even while on this earth the Lord gives them the spiritual checkbook, they talk with the Lord all day. Understanding of the spiritual that make some heads spin, because the revelation came not of man but through the Spirit. For example a preacher that took a plane ride to visit another preacher because the Lord told him to, unknown to him that preacher he was going to visit was dealing with a bad health issue. The doctors gave up hope, that preacher showed up on his doorstep, prayed for him and immediately healed. All because the lord told him to! So brother, no I'm not spiritual enough, but I have dedicated everything I have for this spiritual walk, I am not my own yet I am a bond servant to the Lord.
Oh Bro. Nicodemus!! You just had to go there, huh?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nuke.jpg (6.4 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-26-2022, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Could aspects of Genesis also be a refutation of pagan mythology.

The creation story is contrary to the Enūma Eliš in that pagans worshipped the elements as gods while Genesis proclaims the one God as creator of the earth, sun, moon, sky, seas, and all living beings.

Genesis 6 visualizes the pagan mythology of sons of God (angels) defiling themselves with humanity and birthing Giants on the earth, themes common in Mesopotamian mythology.

As humanity becomes corrupt and debauched worshipping pagan gods, God floods the earth to begin again with Noah and his family in relation to the one true God.

The theme of the destruction of paganism comes into play again with the overthrow of Sodom and the conquest of Canaan's pagan mythology.
Hey, Sis. You might benefit from a read:

https://hebrew-streams.org/works/hebrew/antimyth.html

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 02-26-2022, 03:52 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Hey, Sis. You might benefit from a read:

https://hebrew-streams.org/works/hebrew/antimyth.html
Very good, thank you!
Old 02-28-2022, 03:04 AM