Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-30-2020, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tony Spell has church in spite of the ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
The name of the Lord is being exalted, and the Gospel is being preached, people are coming to God sincerely, the Lord is going to respond to it. It is because of the Lord's name brother. God can still use us in our imperfections, see Trinitarian Pentecostals performing healing in Jesus' name and people getting the Holy Spirit in there assemblies as well.
So shouldn’t we all being rejoicing with them? I admit I don’t know all churches but I have yet to hear of any sinner sitting at home listening to churches online that have got the Holy Ghost... a few backsliders yes but not sinners.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometown guy View Post
So shouldn’t we all being rejoicing with them? I admit I don’t know all churches but I have yet to hear of any sinner sitting at home listening to churches online that have got the Holy Ghost... a few backsliders yes but not sinners.
I do rejoice but the question at hand is if we should all do the same, and if we are being fearful and disobedient and he is having more faith and obedience than everyone else.

During roman persecution they didn’t have open large church buildings, large congregations, church websites, phones, google maps, and yet they managed to spread like fire. How did they do it then?

I think we are limiting ourselves to our own cultural experience and consider the rest of methods as ineffective or even impossible.

Last edited by coksiw; 03-30-2020 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:53 PM
New User

Quote:
The name of the Lord is being exalted, and the Gospel is being preached, people are coming to God sincerely, the Lord is going to respond to it. It is because of the Lord's name brother. God can still use us in our imperfections.
What is that supposed to mean, imperfections? Ahh, because he didn’t bow to Caesar?
Old 03-30-2020, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
What is that supposed to mean, imperfections? Ahh, because he didn’t bow to Caesar?
You consider closing the church building during this time bowing to Caesar?
Old 03-30-2020, 03:00 PM
New User

Quote:
You consider closing the church building during this time bowing to Caesar?
To those that believe that there is something greater going on behind the scene, to close would be bowing to Caesar. So, yes.

“Safety” is not more important than freedom. Everyone complied with this order with little to resistance.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
To those that believe that there is something greater going on behind the scene, to close would be bowing to Caesar. So, yes.

“Safety” is not more important than freedom. Everyone complied with this order with little to resistance.
I can turn the table around and say that you love your building and you traditions much more than the saints and the community by not finding a middle ground to not put your saints in front of the sword and to not flood the hospital beds for the rest of the community, with a total disregard for those doctors and nurses that are risking their lives to save others (some that the Christians used to do during the Cyprian Plague). What about you open the church with only you in it and invite sinners to come see you? Have a small team in the church building and tell them that it is open for healing of the sick and ministering? You can still use your building as an evangelistic and ministering tool if you want to.

Last edited by coksiw; 03-30-2020 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

Members can visit the sick and let God heal those with the disease afflicting our nation. This is a pragmatic approach to the pandemic.
Old 03-30-2020, 04:41 PM
New User

Quote:
I can turn the table around and say that you love your building and you traditions much more than the saints and the community by not finding a middle ground to not put your saints in front of the sword and to not flood the hospital beds for the rest of the community, with a total disregard for those doctors and nurses that are risking their lives to save others (some that the Christians used to do during the Cyprian Plague). What about you open the church with only you in it and invite sinners to come see you? Have a small team in the church building and tell them that it is open for healing of the sick and ministering? You can still use your building as an evangelistic and ministering tool if you want to.
I don’t have a building so take your rant somewhere else.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Florida pastor arrested

Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/fl...rch/index.html
Old 03-30-2020, 09:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Florida pastor arrested

Pastor Rodney Howard-Browne said he wouldn't close the doors of his Tampa, Florida, megachurch until the End Times begin. The police weren't willing to wait that long.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/30/us/fl...rch/index.html
Rodney Howard Browne probably called the cops himself, and the television station to be there as the cops showed up. He is a publicity whore, come on people there are bigger things a foot than this flu virus. But, everyone wants to eat the pabulum. Keep reading and watching the news I can see it's working.