Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Information Station > Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte
Facebook

Notices

Tech Talk: with Bit & Byte For all those that speak Geek & Greek among us! Or for those technically challenged who don't!

Old 04-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
Didn't like it. Besides the bad production and illegal recording of a soundtrack, I thought it was a cheap shot at those ministers who truly just want to reach the world and will use whatever means available not just wannabe stars. It kind of lumped them all together and I felt it was cheap.
I could do the same thing with better lyrics, but then, wouldn't that be just as low-down?
If the lyrics would have been funnier and not such a political statement, then I would have liked it better.

Like this..http://www.timhawkins.net/audio.htm

check out "Corporate Praise, Anti-Butter" clip...now this is funny and doesn't take shots!

Monkeyman...Tim Hawkins is hilarious! I've never heard of him before. Thanks for posting the link.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered Member

Ameri is that you?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:12 AM
AmeriCanadian

ImagineTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
No video...so I lost interest real fast
I heard they had plans for a video, but after some initial reactions to the mp3, decided they had pushed the envelope far enough. I saw a poster once that said something like, "You know you've grown up when you can laugh at yourself." It's too bad the UPCI apparently doesn't have enough sense of humor to just take these kinds of parodies for what they are, especially since "ImagineTV" is actually poking fun at the vocalist's own aspirations of personal fame and not taking up sides on the TV issue. I would say anyone who finds "ImagineTV" offensive has entirely missed the point of this parody.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:15 AM
AmeriCanadian

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPLE E View Post
Ameri is that you?
Oui, monsieur
Old 04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriCanadian View Post
I heard they had plans for a video, but after some initial reactions to the mp3, decided they had pushed the envelope far enough. I saw a poster once that said something like, "You know you've grown up when you can laugh at yourself." It's too bad the UPCI apparently doesn't have enough sense of humor to just take these kinds of parodies for what they are, especially since "ImagineTV" is actually poking fun at the vocalist's own aspirations of personal fame and not taking up sides on the TV issue. I would say anyone who finds "ImagineTV" offensive has entirely missed the point of this parody.
I agree with you Ameri,I did not find anybody was making cheap shots at anybody.In fact I know that was not the intention of those who did it but I guess this is just a very sensitive issue for some.It gave me a good laugh and my kids loved it too but of course they have my "warped" sense of humor!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oui, monsieur
Content de te voir ici! happy to see you here!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:21 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
I think I was misunderstood...I never was offended, if you knew me you would know that I pretty much don't get offended...now...I can have an opinion on something, right? My opinion is I didn't like it, nuf' said. Everyone likes different things right?
I thought it broadbrushed preachers who want advertising just for that, advertising-not fame, with other morons who just want fame and glory and the spotlight...which is why I didn't like it.
Also, I didn't care for the production...well I thought the background singers were in the mix very well.
Peace out!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:29 AM
AmeriCanadian

Quote:
I think I was misunderstood...I never was offended, if you knew me you would know that I pretty much don't get offended...now...I can have an opinion on something, right? My opinion is I didn't like it, nuf' said. Everyone likes different things right?
I thought it broadbrushed preachers who want advertising just for that, advertising, not fame with other morons who just want fame and glory and the spotlight...which is why I didn't like it.
Also, I didn't care for the production...well I thought the background singers were in the mix very well.
Peace out!
I suspect if the only negative feedback they received was yours, we'd probably all be watching the video version right now, but there are a substantial number who do find these things offensive.

I did find Tim Hawkins funny as well. First I heard of him. Is he new?
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
I suspect if the only negative feedback they received was yours, we'd probably all be watching the video version right now, but there are a substantial number who do find these things offensive.

I did find Tim Hawkins funny as well. First I heard of him. Is he new?
Now, if I was them, I wouldn't be listening to criticism, not everyone is going to like it, but you'll never know til you try right? Just like song service in apostolic churches..hahahahaha!

Tim's great, I interviewed him once on radio and used a LOT of his material. There is a DVD series called Bananas that I fist saw in Nashville and I believe it's available everywhere now...Christian comedians, good stuff.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:47 AM
AmeriCanadian

Quote:
Tim's great, I interviewed him once on radio and used a LOT of his material. There is a DVD series called Bananas that I fist saw in Nashville and I believe it's available everywhere now...Christian comedians, good stuff.
It's too bad Mike Warnke turned out to be a fraud. I thought he was the funniest of all Christian comedians, although he didn't do the music parodies, so it's nice to see someone like Hawkins being the Weird Al of Christendom.