Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Re: The Need, the Bean and the Cup

Ahh! YOu know, ,my husband just told me a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to start roasting his own..... but I hear it can be messy, depending on how you roast it.... But it sounds great... Then you could have the ultimate, perfect cup of coffee! Ahh! Mmmm... I could go for a quad con panna w/ cinnamon from starbucks right now!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Q.
Why does Kopi Luwak taste so much better than other coffees?
A.
There are both technical and practical reasons for the superior taste of Kopi Luwak.
Luwak use their keen sense of smell to select the very best ripe coffee beans. A Luwak will visit a plantation and eat only a fraction of the available beans, leaving any that are inferior or not quite ready on the tree. This means that the beans are individually selected by an animal that is specially adapted for this purpose and is far superior to humans at doing this.
Laboratory tests have demonstrated that there is also a qualitative reason why kopi luwak beans taste better than other coffee. As the beans pass through the digestive tract of the Luwak, the acids in the stomach of the Luwak permeate the bean and leach out some of the proteins in the bean responsible for its bitterness resulting in a sweeter coffee bean

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

cool. where did you get it? I LOVE 100% pure Kona coffee. smoooooooth

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
Ahh! YOu know, ,my husband just told me a couple of weeks ago that he wanted to start roasting his own..... but I hear it can be messy, depending on how you roast it.... But it sounds great... Then you could have the ultimate, perfect cup of coffee! Ahh! Mmmm... I could go for a quad con panna w/ cinnamon from starbucks right now!
You people need to get SAVED.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:02 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Q.
Why does Kopi Luwak taste so much better than other coffees?
A.
There are both technical and practical reasons for the superior taste of Kopi Luwak.
Luwak use their keen sense of smell to select the very best ripe coffee beans. A Luwak will visit a plantation and eat only a fraction of the available beans, leaving any that are inferior or not quite ready on the tree. This means that the beans are individually selected by an animal that is specially adapted for this purpose and is far superior to humans at doing this.
Laboratory tests have demonstrated that there is also a qualitative reason why kopi luwak beans taste better than other coffee. As the beans pass through the digestive tract of the Luwak, the acids in the stomach of the Luwak permeate the bean and leach out some of the proteins in the bean responsible for its bitterness resulting in a sweeter coffee bean
Processed stuff always tastes good.

UGH

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
The secret is - this Roaster is a loaner... I am seeing if it's worth getting into. I'll let you know what I think.

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 03-28-2008, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
OH c'mon! It's not like we are injecting Meth... or snorting coke... or well OK maybe it is

PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I'll never do it again! (till 7:15 AM)

Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Live like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
OH c'mon! It's not like we are injecting Meth... or snorting coke... or well OK maybe it is

PLEASE FORGIVE ME! I'll never do it again! (till 7:15 AM)
The Lord can deliver... but only if you want to be free from your bondage!

Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
I was not referring to the um, rather um, gross yuck coffee Mr.Hoover was talking about.... Ugh!

I was just about to post how he ruined my idea of a cup of coffee! LOL

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Is that a UPC, ALJC, AMF, ACI, WWPF or just Mrs. LPW's doctrine that we need saved from our COFFEE FIXATION?

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.