Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2024, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

Re: Was Adam and Eve the only first created?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I believe in a literal 7 day creation week. On the 6th day God made mankind, both male and female. After the first Sabbath, in chapter 2 God made a specific man, and then from that man made a woman. Two different accounts. The order of events in chapter 1 and chapter 2 are different and I don't see any way they can be the same. So they must be 2 different events.

Jesus is Saviour of all who believe. He was only sent to redeem Israel and yet even the Canaanite woman had faith and received deliverance.

Isaiah 56:6-8 KJV
Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love the name of the Lord, to be his servants, every one that keepeth the sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; [7] Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people. [8] The Lord God which gathereth the outcasts of Israel saith, Yet will I gather others to him, beside those that are gathered unto him.
Old 01-22-2024, 07:24 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareztamar View Post
You believe in 2 creations of man?
Old 01-22-2024, 09:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
I don’t see how they are 2 different accounts. The 2nd is just giving more detail, otherwise you have the creation of plant life, man, and cattle a 2nd time- AFTER God rested from creation.
In ch 1 you have plants/trees, animals, then mankind (both genders). In ch 2 you have a man (male), plants/trees, animals, then a woman (female).

Chapter 2 isn't "more detail", it's a very different account, a different order of events.

It is what it is.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-22-2024, 09:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
True science and true Bible do not conflict. Yes, there are scientists that try to discount scripture, and there are some religious that try to discount science, but both do error.

There is no doubt the earth is old, and no, God had no reason to instantaneously create. Could he have? Sure. But that does not mean he did.
The earth appears old because it is.
From Adam to now is relatively short, just a few thousand years, but creation is much older.
If God made the earth look old, yet it is not old, he would be intentionally, and for no reason be authoring confusion.

The Bible does not demand one day be 24 hours, or even 1000 years long, but simply a period of time.

That's the way I see it, and no, it does in no way conflict with my view of God, His ways or His plans.
The earth may be old, but the creation week was a literal week. Otherwise you have "thousands of years" of non stop daylight and "thousands of years" of non stop night, which would make life impossible. The first days may not have been 24 hours exactly, but they don't need to be. A day is not defined as a 24 hour period, but as a cycle of nighttime and daytime.

Meanwhile there is no indication of how long it was between the creation week and Adam's formation and being put in the Garden.

And further, a LOT of the "science" of "archeological dating" is pure baloney.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-22-2024, 09:24 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

So basically God created "adamiy", mankind, and they were charged with dispersing abroad and managing the earth. Then He creates ha-adam, "The Man", who is placed in the Garden of Eden. Eden is the capital if you will where God met with man, and in His capital He has a Garden - a zoological representation of the world, being taken care of by this Man. This Man is the "federal head" of God's government on the earth.

Is he the "first man"?

1 Corinthians 15:45-47 KJV
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. [46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. [47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Jesus is "the last man", and apparently also "the second (man)", yet we know Jesus wasn't the last human born nor the second male born. So first and second refer to position in the logical order of headship, not mere chronology.

Sin entered the world by one man because Adam sinned. World is kosmos, it means Order or System. The world order entered a state of disobedience because of our federal head's disobedience and the Tree of Life was afterwards inaccessible. The problem people have is they hold to the catholic dogma of "inherited sin" where sin is a substance of some kind passed on genetically or whatever. So any humans NOT descended from Adam would be seen by them as outside the scope of the redemptive and restorative work of Christ. Why? Who knows, none of them have been able to explain why they think that.

Sin is a legal and judicial category, not a biological or metaphysical category.

Old 01-23-2024, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

Keep in mind, the "days" of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,..
Old 01-23-2024, 08:11 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Keep in mind, the "days" of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,..
Okay, I will.

Old 01-23-2024, 02:50 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
So basically God created "adamiy", mankind, and they were charged with dispersing abroad and managing the earth. Then He creates ha-adam, "The Man", who is placed in the Garden of Eden. Eden is the capital if you will where God met with man, and in His capital He has a Garden - a zoological representation of the world, being taken care of by this Man. This Man is the "federal head" of God's government on the earth.

Is he the "first man"?

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. [46] Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. [47] The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

Jesus is "the last man", and apparently also "the second (man)", yet we know Jesus wasn't the last human born nor the second male born. So first and second refer to position in the logical order of headship, not mere chronology.

Sin entered the world by one man because Adam sinned. World is kosmos, it means Order or System. The world order entered a state of disobedience because of our federal head's disobedience and the Tree of Life was afterwards inaccessible. The problem people have is they hold to the catholic dogma of "inherited sin" where sin is a substance of some kind passed on genetically or whatever. So any humans NOT descended from Adam would be seen by them as outside the scope of the redemptive and restorative work of Christ. Why? Who knows, none of them have been able to explain why they think that.

Sin is a legal and judicial category, not a biological or metaphysical category.
I’m dealing with two groups that see Adam was God’s creation, or God’s head man. He was made a living soul. While those outside the garden were not “living souls.” The both groups believe almost the same thing, but happen to be two different races. Both see Adam as being a part of their favorite race. But, then this reminded me of a Talmudic teaching which has the first creation story being God created “adam” humankind male and female combined. Then in the Garden God’s capital he, the Adam is separated into two beings, Eve. I don’t understand how the Rabbis explain what happened to the hermaphrodites living outside the garden. Since Adam was the only one brought into the garden. But the Talmud does teach one group on the outside of the garden ( dogs, creeping things, unclean) one inside the garden. Adam being God chosen Son.

Adam is the head of a special race, group. Everyone else on the outside are on the same level as the animals. Only the lineage of Adam ( one created for God’s purpose ) are saved literally. Genetically speaking?

The two group teaching does have a soteriology and maybe an eschatology issue. But I would like to discuss this subject some more.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:

Is he the "first man"?

So Adam is God’s chosen man, from all the others which God first created.
Then God takes the chosen man, His son and places that son into the garden.
He separates that son into two making male and female? Then through that son’s linage all the others outside the garden can be saved and be able to enter the garden?
Old 01-23-2024, 05:07 PM
Registered Member

Didn’t Adam and Eve have more sons and daughters after the first borns? When people were living hundreds of years, why thinking they had to marry and have kids before being 20? Adam had Seth when he was like 130 years old.

I don’t know why it is hard to see that as the simplest and most feasible explanation?

Genesis 5:4 (KJV) And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat sons and daughters.
"The entirety of Your word is truth" (Ps 119:160)

Bible Study Notes
https://apostolicbiblestudynotes.wordpress.com