Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
mary

Re: Timmy Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Thinking.
That's OK... I do some of that myself, sometimes...

you're thinking, I'm waiting...

We have several on here thinking lately... Been Thinking, Thinking.... have we had Just Thinking log on yet?

Wow, I'm bored today. Already cleaned house, and really don't want to think of going outside.

OK, Timmy, on that note, here's a question for you:
How would Jesus have described hell, do you think, if he had lived in Siberia or Alaska? As an eternal fire, or extreme cold and desolation? Probably still fire in my opinion, because if you get hypothermia you just stop feeling. But what if the description of fire and worms and such is not literal, but an expression of the worst fears of the people he was talking to?

The worm image, BTW, wouldn't make much sense to, say, the wealthy Egyptians, because with proper embalming their bodies are still preserved today. If they had been the audience, they could have seen mummification as a demonstration of their salvation and lower society's damnation. But Jews all ended up mouldering quickly, so it was something they didn't want to think about. Maybe?

Just rambling.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missourimary View Post
That's OK... I do some of that myself, sometimes...

you're thinking, I'm waiting...

We have several on here thinking lately... Been Thinking, Thinking.... have we had Just Thinking log on yet?

Wow, I'm bored today. Already cleaned house, and really don't want to think of going outside.

OK, Timmy, on that note, here's a question for you:
How would Jesus have described hell, do you think, if he had lived in Siberia or Alaska? As an eternal fire, or extreme cold and desolation? Probably still fire in my opinion, because if you get hypothermia you just stop feeling. But what if the description of fire and worms and such is not literal, but an expression of the worst fears of the people he was talking to?

The worm image, BTW, wouldn't make much sense to, say, the wealthy Egyptians, because with proper embalming their bodies are still preserved today. If they had been the audience, they could have seen mummification as a demonstration of their salvation and lower society's damnation. But Jews all ended up mouldering quickly, so it was something they didn't want to think about. Maybe?

Just rambling.
You think too much!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:02 PM
mary

OMW I never thought I'd hear Timmy say that!!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
You think too much!
HIJACK!!

I HATE it when men say, "You think too much!" All they are actually saying is, "I don't want to answer your question, it takes too much of my time."

I HATE when men cook. My husband is in the kitchen trying to make brownies. Probably because I won't make them. (lol) You know what he is asking me?

"Where are the measuring spoons?"

"Gee, I don't know. In the kitchen drawer? Ya think!"

Why can't men find anything in the kitchen? There are not THAT many drawers and cabinets doors! Good grief!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM
mary

PO-take one look at your husband's workbench. That may answer the question. Dad doesn't put anything away. Gives new meaning to the old adage: out of site, out of mind... when I lived at home, if he doesn't see a tool laying out in plain view, he used to have me go get it-because if he had put it away, he knew he'd never find it!
Old 01-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
PO-take one look at your husband's workbench. That may answer the question. Dad doesn't put anything away. Gives new meaning to the old adage: out of site, out of mind... when I lived at home, if he doesn't see a tool laying out in plain view, he used to have me go get it-because if he had put it away, he knew he'd never find it!
The only problem is - he does put everything away. Everything in it's place - ex-military man.

He just came into the living room, put up both hands, smiled and said, "I washed my own dishes!"
Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
mary

If you promptly went back into the kitchen and re-washed everything in the dishrack, you are VERY much like my mother!

That's the first time, BTW, that Timmy has used that excuse (you think too much) on me. Most of the time if Timmy doesn't want to answer a question he just ignores it or thinks of something funny to say instead.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:33 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
If you promptly went back into the kitchen and re-washed everything in the dishrack, you are VERY much like my mother!

Oh my gosh! I need to go and check!!!!!

Quote:
That's the first time, BTW, that Timmy has used that excuse (you think too much) on me. Most of the time if Timmy doesn't want to answer a question he just ignores it or thinks of something funny to say instead.
Ohhhhhh, so he's different! Well, what is his motive on this one? That's a whole nutha' ball of wax. What COULD he mean by, "You think too much?" then?

Not that I don't think that you think when you think. I'm just wondering why he would say that. Is he just lazy today?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered Member

Maybe his thoughts keep getting interrupted by more important AFF university thoughts?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
mary

Oh, I expect when Timmy says he thinks I think too much he really means he thinks I think too much but that's just him thinking; I know I don't think too much and I think it's my thoughts that count, after all!

It's warmer where he is. Maybe he decided to go outside for awhile... or maybe he's busy digging out that pair of long pants he said he might have to put on!

as for AFFU, jfrog, Timmy nominated himself president, but to my knowledge they never acknowledged his nomination... perhaps he is still working on that?